NARS Kalahari Duo

4.2

[added by lovemakeup2 on April 21, 2013] Kalahari (I) (as pulled from Sephora's And God Created the Woman LE set): Talc, dimethicone, zinc stearate, silica, cetearyl isononanoate, cetyl acetate, stearoxy dimethicone, isopropyl lanolate, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan, acetylated lanolin alcohol, bha [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

I love this eye shadow duo! The colors are so complimentary and looks wonderful on. It's expensive but this will last a long time. The colors are very pigmented,as are all NARS products so not a lot is needed. The texture is extremely smooth and velvety, it makes me feel like I am using something much more expensive. I use the colors as an everyday to work and sometimes i add some darker colors in the crease for a evening/ going out look. So versatile. This is a definite keeper in my books :)

on 7/5/2012 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I agree with starrysim when it comes to this duo. The colors have such a subtle difference, when looking at them in the pan you can tell that they're different but there's a strange familiarity to them as well. With the lighter shade on the lid and the darker shade in the crease I can quite quickly create an absolutely effortless gorgeous eye. I'm not very good at working with multiple colors, I usually stick to a wash of color for day-to-day. With this, I can actually use both sides together which is fantastic. It's SO easy, the colors blend so well that it's impossible to make a mistake with it. The result is a glowy, extremely subtle smoked neutral eye. The magic of these colors isn't in the palette or in the swatches, they're on the eye. I don't understand how such a subtle difference in colors can create such a dynamic look but I'm glad that they do because this is my new go-to for everyday wear.

on 6/23/2012 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This looked like a real win at the counter but turned out to be a complete dud. I am fair/neutral leaning toward warm and these hardly showed up at all. HIgh contrast doesn't appeal to me - I don't want my eyemakeup to register from 50 feet away. Some reviewers had a problem with this duo because the colours are too similar - that's not a fault but a matter of taste. But this isn't worth the money. I've got loads of Bobbi Brown neutrals that can do a better job.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm a complete sucker for recommendations from YT beauty gurus, and I got this as two of the gurus I'm subscribed to had each mentioned it as one of their favorites. The metallic color on the left looks gorgeous in the pan, but takes a little more work on the skin. There is a difference in the texture or the fineness between the two pans. The taupey brown on the right seems finer and easier to work with. I just don't find myself reaching for this duo very often at all. Bleh.

on 4/27/2012 3:17:00 PM

Very pretty colors. These are more of an everyday neutral eye look. The colors aren't necessarily stand out colors but they are very pretty and apply fabulously. They are easy to blend! I'm addicted to Nars!!

on 4/7/2012 5:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This duo is 1 of my favourite eye shadow sets to wear. The colours are really nice and pigmented, and the texture is so buttery and easy to blend. The 2 eye shadows together really compliment my blue eyes, and they're very beautiful neutral shades. People seem to complain about the packaging getting dirty, but I find that it can be easily brushed off, and the benefits of the packaging definitely out-weigh that single negative point.

on 3/11/2012 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I really like this one. It's soft and buttery. It's not as pigmented as I expected and I find that I never use the two colors together because they are too similar and don't really show up with each other. I do like to use each color as a wash and it makes my blue eyes stand out. I worried it'd be a bit too warm on me but it looks really nice. Will buy again.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Wow, lovely smooth neutrals. The left side is like a very subdued version of mac's Woodwinked and the right side is like a lighter version of MAC's sable.

on 9/7/2011 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

These colors are beautiful. They are highly pigmented, blend like magic and they last forEVER. Love this shadow, definitely pricey but I've had this duo for 4 years.

on 8/19/2011 7:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Gorgeous neutral duo, but compared to my other NARS duos, the pigmentation is lacking. But I still love it.

Top Rated NARS Products