Clarins Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Lotion

3.1

on 4/6/2011 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm stumped by the low ratings for this product. I find it gentle and effective. Now, I don't wear gobs of mascara but I do wear eye shadow base or a non-crease shadow (like MAC's Paint Pots) with eye shadow, liner, long-wear concealer and this eye make up remover takes it all off quickly, easily and gently. I especially like that it doesn't require rinsing after use, unlike Clinique's Eye Makeup Remover and that it's not greasy so if I get home at the end of the day and want to clean up smudges or replace my eye makeup entirely before going out, I can do so without having to rinse or wash my eye area, thereby also messing up my foundation, which would then need to be reapplied. This is also a very gentle eye makeup remover. I haven't experienced any stinging or burning - in fact, just the opposite is true - I find this very soothing and in summer, I will often store a small bottle of this in the fridge and use it to saturate 2 cotton pads to put over my eyes after a long, hot day.

on 12/25/2010 10:34:00 AM

I wish I could give this -5 stars. I hate it. I was swatching colours in the department store and they gave me this on a cotton pad to clean it off and it worked great so I bought a bottle since I was almost out of Neutrogena (which works great but is kind of oily). This may be good for removing swatches of blush and eye shadow from your arm, but in real life it does not remove makeup from your eyes. AT ALL! It does not remove long wear cream eyeshadow, powder shadow with a primer under it, eyeliner of any kind (gel, pencil) and it absolutely does not remove mascara, water-proof or 'washable'. Even just a little bit. You would think that at the very least it would take off something that is removed with water but it doesn't. I soaked a cotton pad with it and held it on my eyes for a while to give it time to work - imagine my surprise when I wiped it off and the cotton pad was clean. I tried soaking it again and holding it to my eyes for a longer period of time but I could not make it work. It is simply terrible and I strongly discourage anybody from buying this $26(!) eye makeup remover. Save your money and buy something better - I think just about anything is better than this.

on 7/18/2010 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My cousin says that since I wear a lot of eye make up and she doesn't, she gave me this to try out. She gave me a sample she got and I absolutely hate it. I didn't want to use a lot of product to wipe my eyes but I had to. And it smells horrible, I was gagging... I showered with my make up on hoping to budge the waterproof mascara and deteriorate my primer and liner a bit. I came out of the shower looking like a raccoon and I started trying to remove the rest of the make up. I used a LOT of product and i had to scrub really hard to get it off. I absolutely hate it. I will not purchase a fuller size if there is one. My eyelids feel sticky after cleaning with this.

on 6/12/2010 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst makeup remover I have ever used. I had to use a ton of product and rub really hard to get any results. To me that defeats the purpose of a makeup remover. Clinique has a wonderful remover that takes everything off in one or two swipes. I like Clarins products overall, but this one was a major disappointment.

on 6/12/2010 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow,,,this is so bad. I am in shock actually,,,
After trying so many Clarins products, I thinks that they are good, but it is over rating and expensive for what it is. I hate the fact that they put too much perfume which I believe not necessary.

For this product, I really regret I purchased it. This is my first Clarins product I regret.
I did not like it since it did not remove my makeup well so I could not finish the bottle. Now it is too late to return it.

I still use a couple of Clarins products which I love, but not this one.

Nowadays, I feel that drugstore makeup remover products are very good for the price.

on 5/10/2010 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I normally love Clarins but watch out for this product. I started using this and after eight days I developed a milia ( a small white spot skin tag usually caused by too much moisture in the eye area.) This also stung my eyes. Think I'll be sticking to my Simple which is a fraction of the price!

on 4/17/2010 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a product made almost entirely of water. You would have the same effects by running a cotton pad under the tap and using that water to remove your eye makeup.

I tried removing some waterproof eyeliner with this last night and I couldn't figure out why the heck it wasn't coming off. It was just getting pushed around and looking smudgier and smudgier. Then I read the ingredient. Aha! There's no oil. Of course it's not coming off. I ended up using jojoba oil to remove the makeup. Worked like a charm and it's about 1/10th the price. continued >>

on 1/1/2010 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

too gentle... as gentle as water.

on 8/12/2009 9:32:00 PM

This product is super gentle. My eyes get irritated with everything and this did not irritate my eyes at all.

But, it also did not remove my waterproof mascara. Since I only wear waterproof, this will not do for me.

Also, I think the hole at the top is too big and you end up wasting a lot of remover.

on 6/24/2009 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I received a free 30mL sample of this at the Clarins counter and am not impressed. This does not work! I tried to remove my MAC liquidlast liner off with it but it barely budged. Drugstore makeup removers work better than this and there are better gentle alternatives.