October 24, 2014 | 1677 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have owned two of these in the last 10 years...yes 10. They last forever. I love them and will never buy another brand. They are super hot, super reliable, and I have never had any issues with them.

When I first purchased them it was so long ago they had been only available to hair dressers and my hair dresser got one for me and I paid her. Since then they have gone down in price and are available in more places thankfully.

This is a HG tool for me and cannot be without it. The price is well worth the quality on these irons. I read others having issues with them lasting a year, I have no idea. I have never (crossing my fingers) ever had any issues with the two I have had and the first lasted me 7 years. I sued it every other day almost every week. This newer one is almost 5 years old now and not a hitch.

They make your hair very straight in one pass and barely do damage to it. I have tried many many other irons in the past that I had to pass so many times and I never got the results I get with Chi. The other damaged my hair a lot quicker as well. Make sure to use heat protectant and always deep condition as well all know now, I didn't for a long time and paid the price lol.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I already have straight hair but sometimes I want it pin straight. This straightener is overkill for the job.

Some of My complaints are: The size. I use this only for straightening my Long hair with long layers, and it takes a long time with the small plate size. You must keep your hand straight again because again, the small size. any bend of your wrist could cause a crimp or a bend in the hair. I heard there exist wider plated Chis...I should have at least bought that one.

Another thing I don't like that's also a fault on myself is, how the hell am I supposed to curl my hair with this?!?! I know many people using this for a curling iron. I must be handicapped. After so many YouTube videos, nope. Nothing. I have a CURLING IRON to CURL my hair.

Also what I don't like is the heat settings. I don't have a problem with the heat actually, but I know that would bother lots of people. Only TWO settings: ON and OFF

It's too expensive just to straighten my already straight hair. I can buy a decent straightener with wider plates for a much cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by katyrenae16

this is the BEST flat iron. I have really thick hair, so with any other flat iron, i would straighten my hair in about 5 parts. With this, I can straighten it in about 2 parts. Saves me so much time in the mornings!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by krossindixon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had a chi 1" that went strong for years. Did a great job, would leave hair so hot after I ran it through that I couldn't touch my hair for a few seconds. It started dying so I purchased a new chi. I.chi must not be the same thing. I've been using the new one for a year now and it's failing. Hardly gets hot enough to straighten my hair. I have a lot of long, fine blonde hair. Shouldn't take much heat to straighten mine. This thing will hardly leave my hair warm. Had a chi hair dryer that quit blowing hot air before a year was out. I'm thinking I'll be staying away from Chi products from now on.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by LetsTalkMakeup07

I bought a chi straightener for $120 I had been saving up for so long. Three months after I bought one, it stopped working. I am so disappointed with this straightener I would never purchase one again. Of you do buy one please keep the receipt safe!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by ladyak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this flat iron about two weeks ago right after my old one died (not a Chi). I must say I've never had a flat iron that worked so well. It leaves my hair pin straight. I have long (hip length) very thick wavy hair and with other flat irons it usually takes me a very long time to straighten it all. With this one I was done in 20-25 min. No snaps and no frizz if I use it with the Chi Straight Guard.
I bought mine at Winners for CAD89.99 and it normally retails at +150.00, so I'm very happy with the price. I called the Farouk phone number they have on the website to check the serial number and see if it was a fake or not, and it happens to be a real one. I also got a free 2oz Silk Infusion bottle with it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

PROS: Many love this. Great for thick or hard to straighten hair, for sure.

CONS: Quite expensive. Just way too hot for me. My hair is quite damaged and fine, so it must be better for hair that just isn't like mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

I've owned this straightener for 4 years now and it still works perfectly. It makes me hair pin-straight and completely frizz-free. It also works amazingly at curling and adding waves. My HG styling product; I use it every day!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by deebaby07

I've hear that this is the best next ghd. There is no chi snap on style flat iron review page but I am assuming it is the same as this one as they are both chi. I was worried that because it has no heat setting that it may not get hot enough to straighten my course wavy ( almost curly, frizzy hair. It got hot alright and very fast too. My hairs actually a little damaged but having straight hair is worth it. I had an avanti before this and used the highest heat setting 420. Chi is very effective with the one heat setting. One great thing about chi is the electric plugin which I think I should be able to use if I ever go outside of North America. Like my new straight hair I just hope the iron does not die on me. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

OK well this is my first Time using a hair straighter I have always been so skeptical of them before as I always thought they would be damaging to hair and was scared of frying my colored fine wavy/ straight hair my hair has a mind of its own it has a few kinks in it and has never been entirely poker straight prior to using my chi I put a bit of heat protectant spray a spritz of conditioning spray and a bit of argan oil I clip my hair in two sections and start with the ends slowing working my way up to avoid flat hair I straighten just before the roots it took me about five minutes and I was amazed at how silky and smooth it left my hair my next straighter will definitely be a GHD but for now I'm happy with my chi