July 28, 2014 | 2235 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

PROS: Many love this. Great for thick or hard to straighten hair, for sure.

CONS: Quite expensive. Just way too hot for me. My hair is quite damaged and fine, so it must be better for hair that just isn't like mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

I've owned this straightener for 4 years now and it still works perfectly. It makes me hair pin-straight and completely frizz-free. It also works amazingly at curling and adding waves. My HG styling product; I use it every day!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by deebaby07

I've hear that this is the best next ghd. There is no chi snap on style flat iron review page but I am assuming it is the same as this one as they are both chi. I was worried that because it has no heat setting that it may not get hot enough to straighten my course wavy ( almost curly, frizzy hair. It got hot alright and very fast too. My hairs actually a little damaged but having straight hair is worth it. I had an avanti before this and used the highest heat setting 420. Chi is very effective with the one heat setting. One great thing about chi is the electric plugin which I think I should be able to use if I ever go outside of North America. Like my new straight hair I just hope the iron does not die on me. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

OK well this is my first Time using a hair straighter I have always been so skeptical of them before as I always thought they would be damaging to hair and was scared of frying my colored fine wavy/ straight hair my hair has a mind of its own it has a few kinks in it and has never been entirely poker straight prior to using my chi I put a bit of heat protectant spray a spritz of conditioning spray and a bit of argan oil I clip my hair in two sections and start with the ends slowing working my way up to avoid flat hair I straighten just before the roots it took me about five minutes and I was amazed at how silky and smooth it left my hair my next straighter will definitely be a GHD but for now I'm happy with my chi

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by VeruskaRai

This iron was a good iron, but for 100 bucks I don't want good, I want great. As far as my hair goes it didn't damage it, no singeing, tugging, yanking, etc.My curls and straight hair last all day with it. My issues are with the iron setting. It only has one flat setting, you cant change it around, which is ok for me b/c I have fine hair, but what about people with coarser hair. It also has no auto on/off featur. I would leave my iron on plenty of time because of my morning rush and would come home and luckily the house didn't burn down. For being so expensive I feel like any iron should come with that feature. I dropped it too many times and it no longer works but I got about two years use out of it and I got mine on sale for 89 bucks at overstock.com and it came with a free treatment oil worth 20 dollars, so I feel I still got a deal. It's out of warranty but I'm saving it and sending it to a place that repairs them for 30 dollars.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These used to be the best straighteners but now they aren't as good of quality

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by underage

This is my second hair straightener ever. I used the Sedu for many years and I definitely prefer that straightener over this one. I got this from Ulta for around $99. I feel like it makes my hair extremely dry and doesn't glide through it like the Sedu did. I always used my Sedu to curl my hair but I stopped curling it after I got this straighter because it made it so fried and would pull the hairs out. I don't really get the hype about this. It's also terrible at straightening hair. My hair is not difficult to work with but when I try and straighten it with this it almost looks worse. I would not recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Dannibee123

I absolutely LOVE my chi... my hairstylist used it on me so I got one off e-bay for around $60 and it works amazingly! It helps smooth frizz and works FAST! I have frizzy curly hair and it only takes me 15 minutes or less to straighten my entire head! It also works great to create flawless curls/waves! I've had it for a year and a half and it still works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by 1029384756

SUPERRR expensive I got mine as a hand me down. It's 5-6 years old but honestly it still works great. Makes my super damaged hair looks soft and shiny and silky unlikely any other I've used. Yes I know flat ironing is bad but at least with this one it looks healthy. As far as flat irons go this is the best I've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

Best I have ever used….They can curl, straighten, and do so much with ease. WAYYYYY better than my crappy Remington! I used to think that was the best straightener, bt after trying this I was obviously incredibly wrong…

Overall 9.5/10!

I got mine on sale at Ulta for 60! Watch those clearance areas in the store!