August 22, 2014 | 2017 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by monica3210

I am slightly oily but not much. I purchased this based on reviews here. I haven't tried very many powders but in comparison to the ones I've tried this makes my face look very smooth. It goes on matte but not chalky. After awhile I get the prettiest glow. I can imagine that people with oiler skin might not like this. To me this glow is not greasy or even dewy just a healthy skin glow. I am sad they discontinued this product and I'll miss the perfect glow it gave my skin. If I find a powder that gives me this glow too I'll update :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Summerkisses88

When I read that they were discounting this product, my husband and I spent Sunday afternoon searching for it. Found it at target, but most of the shades were already gone. Been using this for about a year, and I love it. Sets my makeup perfect, doesn't feel heavy. I enjoy using this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow what a shame if this is discontinued. I've found this to be one of the best powders I've come across in terms of shine control, helping makeup last all day and just making my face look finished. Sad to see if may no longer be sold and will definitely hide any that I see in stores away!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this in the summer! It has lovely pigmentation, so I can just buff it into my skin either bare faced, or on top of concealer and ready to go! It's smooth, and easy to blend into the skin. It's great for touch ups during the day. It doesn't cake up, nor does it turn orange. I just hit pan on my second pan! If you have combo to normal skin i'd 100% recommend this powder!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by byankitty

Oh wow, no wonder I couldn't find it a few weeks ago. I finally found it and was really excited because of the reviews...but...to me, it's nothing special and I don't know why some people have compared it to a MAC one. The MAC one ate at have me a finish I could see. This one barely looked like it set on me. And since I have combination skin, the powder didn't stay as matte as I would've liked and it also set cake-like in the creases of my nose. I also thought the packaging was just not for me. And I'm an avid consumer of cool, innovative packaging. I see what they wanted to do with this but the packaging was awkward.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Shony101

Love this stuff so much. After reading other reviews I realise Ive probably gotten too much of a light shade (beige) but feel like it's still perfect because it doesn't seem to alter the colour of the foundation I wear underneath and I can also sometimes wear it by itself and it still looks great. It's velvety and doesn't leave you with a powdery finish like others. Would defiantly repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I really wish I could love this powder but it really is no good and reminds me why I only ever use high end powder. It is really chalky, not finely milled at all and just leaves me looking really cakey. I usually press my powder on my face with a sponge since it sets makeup the best, and gives the most flawless and cake- free finish but it just didn't work regardless of how I used it. I think I may have bought a bad one given that everyone else describes it as smooth and silky where I would describe it as hard and powdery but I have owned two of these and I don't remember liking the first one I bought either. It's a shame! Would not repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by beautifyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall a good powder, it has a good silky smooth texture and feels light on the face. I use this with a matte bb cream and it does help to keep my oily skin matte all day long, although I'm not a huge fan of the finish. The only problem I found with this powder was that under certain lighting it can look a bit cakey. I always make sure to use a very little amount to avoid occasionally having that "cakey" look, but if that doesn't bother you then by all means this is a good powder to try.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by RunawayGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like how silky this is but this just didn't work for me. With, or without foundation it just didn't provide the finish I was looking for. This goes on real cakey on me. Packaging is weird. Color matches me.beige medium.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Katiexo

I've tried many powders but I always come back to this one!! It's pretty much a translucent powder so it doesn't offer much coverage but it makes my skin look and feel so good!! Gets rid of any oily bits I have and is very natural looking and not the slightest bit cakey!