July 31, 2014 | 2057 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this in the summer! It has lovely pigmentation, so I can just buff it into my skin either bare faced, or on top of concealer and ready to go! It's smooth, and easy to blend into the skin. It's great for touch ups during the day. It doesn't cake up, nor does it turn orange. I just hit pan on my second pan! If you have combo to normal skin i'd 100% recommend this powder!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by byankitty

Oh wow, no wonder I couldn't find it a few weeks ago. I finally found it and was really excited because of the reviews...but...to me, it's nothing special and I don't know why some people have compared it to a MAC one. The MAC one ate at have me a finish I could see. This one barely looked like it set on me. And since I have combination skin, the powder didn't stay as matte as I would've liked and it also set cake-like in the creases of my nose. I also thought the packaging was just not for me. And I'm an avid consumer of cool, innovative packaging. I see what they wanted to do with this but the packaging was awkward.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Shony101

Love this stuff so much. After reading other reviews I realise Ive probably gotten too much of a light shade (beige) but feel like it's still perfect because it doesn't seem to alter the colour of the foundation I wear underneath and I can also sometimes wear it by itself and it still looks great. It's velvety and doesn't leave you with a powdery finish like others. Would defiantly repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I really wish I could love this powder but it really is no good and reminds me why I only ever use high end powder. It is really chalky, not finely milled at all and just leaves me looking really cakey. I usually press my powder on my face with a sponge since it sets makeup the best, and gives the most flawless and cake- free finish but it just didn't work regardless of how I used it. I think I may have bought a bad one given that everyone else describes it as smooth and silky where I would describe it as hard and powdery but I have owned two of these and I don't remember liking the first one I bought either. It's a shame! Would not repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by beautifyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall a good powder, it has a good silky smooth texture and feels light on the face. I use this with a matte bb cream and it does help to keep my oily skin matte all day long, although I'm not a huge fan of the finish. The only problem I found with this powder was that under certain lighting it can look a bit cakey. I always make sure to use a very little amount to avoid occasionally having that "cakey" look, but if that doesn't bother you then by all means this is a good powder to try.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by RunawayGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like how silky this is but this just didn't work for me. With, or without foundation it just didn't provide the finish I was looking for. This goes on real cakey on me. Packaging is weird. Color matches me.beige medium.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Katiexo

I've tried many powders but I always come back to this one!! It's pretty much a translucent powder so it doesn't offer much coverage but it makes my skin look and feel so good!! Gets rid of any oily bits I have and is very natural looking and not the slightest bit cakey!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by FionaMay

Not cakey!!! Don't listen to anyone! It's so nice over makeup it doesn't change the colour much it sets it nicely. Also good on its own to give a little glow. I use beige, I have quite pale skin and it's dark enough to give me coverage but not too dark it makes me look like I'm wearing a mask. Clever packaging too, doubles up as a pocket mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Theaflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading the reviews here, I went out and bought this in "Beige" and I love it! I have used many, many powders mostly high-end and have even used corn starch based baby powders on my face applied with brush, as i have oily skin.This is lovely and velvety and leaves my skin flawless (I use a few drops of liquid foundation applied with brush and use this to finish) I am a fan and I even like the cute little compact! Beige seems a good match for my light/medium peachy sort of skin :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by cnguyen112

After a long journey in finding something to tame my unfortunate oily face, I'm glad to say that Dream Matte totally saved me. The product itself is versatile; compact with a little pressed pad above a mirror within. I bought this on sale which was around $8 at Shopper's and I'd definitely buy it again, on-sale or not.

With whatever foundation I use under (I switch between Revlon's Nearly Naked and some asian BB creams), applying this over them, my face manages to look pretty matte/non-oily for the whole day until late evening, only using a blotting sheets every 4 hours or so to keep it consistent. And believe me, that is not an overstatement as my skin gets /very/ oily even in the winter.

The only slight downside to this is that my face does tend to look a bit more 'caked' on under certain lighting, which is to the user's own opinion if they care or not.

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone with oily skin looking for an inexpensive matte solution.