December 20, 2014 | 1710 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by stayce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

All right, I am officially throwing in the towel on Estee Lauder (except for maybe Private Collection). This is a beautifully done gardenia, and I hate hate hate it. It doesn't have that strong base that many of the old-school Lauder perfumes have, but sadly this is definitely not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by MsMe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My husband bought this for me as a gift. It was very light and floral....perfect for the hot summer months.

**Update: Found out that this floral fragrance contains something that triggers my allergies: watery eyes and sneezing. Maybe it was the tuberose? I don't have anything to compare it to....It is unfortunate, because I really had liked the scent. :-( It was replaced with another scent (Hanae Mori) for the summertime.**

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by daisy888

I'm not that great at describing scents, so I won't really try. I generally gravitate to rose based scents, but I was at the EL counter and rather drawn to the bottle for this, so i thought I'd give it a try. At first spray, I thought this was far too strong a floral for my liking, but it settles fairly quickly and to me it is simply a lovely, happy floral scent! Honestly, this fragrance simply makes me happy! I apply very sparingly (1 spray at a distance!), and this lasts the entire day on me. I like that it is a straight up floral, and stays that way through the entire day.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very pretty white floral mix; gardenia doesn't stand out overwhelmingly. I'm not sure it's that much better or different from several other white floral mix fragrances out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 6:39:00 AM More reviews by erica_74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Back in 2008 I was in a gallery buying a painting when suddenly I was captivated by the most glorious gardenia bouquet scent ever! I turned around searching for the vase, and then I realised that the scent was coming from this elegant middle aged woman standing next to me.
Just the thought of me asking her about the perfume she was wearing made me shiver, but she was almost out the door, when I got the nerve to ask her! Thankfuly I did, because this is now my most beloved scent ever...I wear it almost all the time, with just the right amount of breaks to come running for it once and again!

That day my man went and bought it for me as a gift and he continues to do so everytime I am about to run out. He says that compared to this perfume, all other perfumes have completely no meaning on me!!! And I almost agree with him...

So this is a well rounded gardenia bouquet, with the right amount of jasmine and tuberose, tied together with a vanilla scenter ribbon (and dare I say I get the faintest hint of coconut? It might be just my imagination, but I think gardenia loves on or two drops of coconut milk on her). A very true gardenia note. I know gardenia from the day I was born, since my mum loved them and always kept them in a tin flowerpot because according to greek tradition, this help them flourish beautifully. It is one of my most favourite blossoms.

Similar to this is Frederic Malle's Carnal Flower. A masterpiece again and even more realistic! You can even smell the freshly cut stems at the beggining! But Estee Lauder's beauty in my opinion, is a more balanced, elegant and timeless creation. It is a grand gardenia scent made to be worn and adored by many generations.
This will always be part of my boudoir!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by AnneBerbling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!! My HG fragrance, finally...SO wonderful, almost a little disconcerting how REAL this fragrance smells...my Grandma always had tuberoses when I was little (they are a tender perennial where we live in zone 7, and have to be dug and brought into a protected area in winter) so I know what I'm smelling! :) Takes me back to my childhood, in such a comforting way! Yes, it is a "big" white floral, in that you will receive compliments, but it is a big "real" scent, not "big" like in Fracas or some of those formulations... (Not like "Truth or Dare" ~ Heaven help us!)...there are only real nature notes to my nose, no "off" notes, no "skank" (thanks, Madonna...:(...)
My husband says it reminds him of a "funeral parlor" ~ LOL ~ but if so, it's because the Victorians used Tuberose so much for a funeral flower...I take that as even more of a compliment to the truly "real" scent of the tuberose.
My true Holy Grail fragrance, finally. I only wish it weren't quite so expensive, so I wouldn't have to be so sparing with it...however, you can find it and the matching lotion for a little better deal on eBay...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by d1ana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yup. My new signature fragrance. Love it. Thanks MUA.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by chrystelica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is endearingly beautiful. It is reminiscent of Tubereuse Criminelle, but without the mentholated blast that makes me feel at times giddy, sometimes a bit nauseous, like being on a rollercoaster. This one is easier to wear and less like a cruel b*tch, more a sensual siren. I will admit, as soon as I put it on, I was transported to a poignant memory of a woman who wore this. I have no doubt, this is the exact perfume she was wearing, because she claimed to be a huge Estee Lauder fan (this was when I used to work as a makeup artist). I'm sure I complimented her perfume, and she told me it was EL.

She came up to the counter and immediately I was struck by her beauty. Her long dark brown hair flowed around her like a goddess. She was Venezuelan, and her doe-eyes were framed by the lushest, most gorgeously pure black lashes I've seen. I don't even think she was wearing makeup, maybe a little foundation and gloss. Her body was curvaceous and just stunningly beautiful. All woman, and no qualms. She radiated this scent around her and asked for a golden lip gloss, and she produced the one she had out of her purse, a well-worn tube that was melted from a summer in South America. She spoke to me of the rainforests and what they're like, and I felt as if I were there, smelling her perfume and just staring into her drop-dead gorgeous face. Honestly, when she purchased some product and walked away, I felt a noticeable exhilarating sadness, as if the sun had gone down for the day and I was left basking in the memory of its golden radiance, now feeling cold and forgotten.

I would wear this gladly to remember her, and will probably end up with a FB in the near future.

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Tested this yesterday. Sprayed a good four sprays and send the rest of the day shopping and cleaning. It was there until I took a bath, and I want to say, I was sorry it washed off in the bath. I could wear this everyday. It starts to true, so flower, so tuberose and so gardenia. It stays that way. Then, when it settles later, a hint of clean is there, a clean, fresh scent, and I smell better than I do coming right out of the shower. There is still a hint of flower too. My skin smells delightful and it smells like it is my body chemistry, not something lying on top. This reminds me of spring, the boys don't love it (they love anything vanilla - so sick of vanilla) but this reminds me of a beautiful, really clean and organized garden, no weeds, relaxing and a pleasure. By the way, it tends to curb my appetite, I don't want to eat while I smell this, not because I am nauseated, but the thought of food smells clashing with this feminine, lovely scent, nope, I plan to buy it as my diet! haha

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by some1ukno

I rarely use sprays or perfumes but this spray is about 3/4 used within 7 months. I have sniffed plenty of fragrances but I've never come across anything like this parfum spray. In addition to the flower scent, it does hint a luxurious smell (people will know it's not cheap if they smell it). Occasionally when I sit down at a place, some people would walk past me a couple of time to get another sniff.