July 28, 2014 | 2045 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - loose powder

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by brittnirae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few years and I'm satisfied with it. It keeps oil at bay for me, and that makes me happy because I tend to get oily during the day on my upper T zone and upper cheeks. I also think it gives me a nice coverage. The only things I don't like about it is that it sort of has a shimmery look to it when it's on. I don' really mind it though, but I wish it had a bit of a more matte effect. The packaging is the worst thing about it. The plastic is so cheap and the lid cracks. The product is a little too expensive for it to be packaged so cheaply. But overall, I like how it works for me. I don't wear liquid foundations, only concealer on some parts of my face and this powder sets it really nicely.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by chrizzistine

This was on sale and I wanted to try it. So far I'm not liking it at all. I find it hard to get powder out and it goes everywhere. Applicator is not good and I find the colour a bit orangey. It makes me look dull and 2 hours later, my face is already shiny. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Ricardiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not usually sensitive to smells, but as soon as I opened this I choked, although that's partly because powder also spilled everywhere because the packaging is rather poor. The big, fluffy puff inside looks retro glamorous, but holds so much powder that it's very difficult to use a light hand. I just threw this out; I hate to waste but it was a worthless product to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by janaoo4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Awful, awful, awful shit product. This is a perfect example why I don't buy skin products from Covergirl, I love their eye products and their lip products are good to, but their skin products are just terrible. I have the palest shade and it just smells horrible, it's ORANGE, it sits on all of the peach fuzz on your face, it doesn't set your makeup, it just makes it patchy and cakey, the packaging is awful. As soon as you open the container the powder spills everywhere after one use, the powder puff that comes with it is just really bad.

I can't say one good thing about this product, don't buy it, or any other skin products from Cover Girl, they're all bad. If you're going to buy CG get your eye stuff and lip stuff from them and nothing more.

I would like to say again how awful this stuff smells, it smells like old lady perfume. I don't know if it's rose water or violet scented, but it just smells horrid. I don't have a strong sense of smell either, and I would just choke from the scent of this stuff. I use MAC's Prep and Prime translucent loose powder, much much much better. It's silky, it doesn't show up on your face, I wear this stuff to the gym, it's durable alright. So if you want a loose powder spend the extra little bit of money and get MAC's stuff, it's not even that much more and it actually works unlike CG's skin garbage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Lecherrysodaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It is a decent product, it was my first loose powder :) I actually love the smell, the finish, the packaging, etc...

the only thing I really HATE is that the applicator just disintegrated!! I loved it!! It was fluffly and great for putting it on and it just ripped :( I miss it

I will not repurchase it JUST because it will last me FOREVER!!! Its a lot of product! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Ashleyx56

I've used this powder for years and I'm surprised at all the negative reviews. I hate pressed powders, for me they always wear off and give my skin an oily look in a few hours and I don't have oily skin. I've tried many high end brand powders both loose and pressed.. Estee Lauder, Clinique, MAC, never liked them but I LOVE this powder. It lasts all day long. I use it after my foundation to set it and to sort of blend out my blush/bronzer whatever else is on my face. It literally lasts all day long and I live in a VERY hot humid climate on an island in the Pacific. I don't smell anything, I mean there may be a slight smell, but I haven't smelt a powder yet that doesn't have a slight odor, Clinique being the worst I've smelt that I remember. Even when I was pregnant and had super human smell power the powder didn't have an odor. I will rebuy again and again as I have for years, Id say give it a shot. It lasts forever also. Only downfall is if you put it in your bag sometimes the powder will fall out in the package so when you open it you have to throw out a lot of product but that happens with any loose powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by peppergirl22

This is a very recent purchase for me so I reserve the right to change my opinion in the near future (ahahah). Anyways, this powder was one purchase I've made (makeup-wise) with some thought and not impulse. I've been in the market for a mineral powder...anything durable, light, and more natural looking than what I currently use for coverage.

This fits those all pretty well, minus the completely looking natural. I mean, the powder goes on very easily, does not appear cakey over foundation and last for more than 3 hours on my combination (mostly oily) skin. Some peeves I have are with the fact that it has flecks of glitter, which is a bit over the top for just going to work or school, but a must for summer/sunny days. I still really enjoy that. The top also breaks far too easily and it can be difficult to just put a small amount on your brush when the powder sifts through so easily. That's a little irritating when you're trying to get ready fast in the morning.

I'd say also to be aware that this powder definitely works better with foundation or primer underneath. At the very least consider putting a nice concealer on before putting the powder on because while it is light and fairly less packed this does not lend itself to great minimal coverage. Otherwise I enjoy this over some compact powders and in combination with foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2010 3:34:00 AM More reviews by foxieq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I generally don't use loose powders to mattify or finish, so thought that I'd try this out. Guess I'm going to have to luck further. I was really excited to use the powder. To my horror, the powder not only has a scent, it is almost to the point of being PERFUMED. My makeup drawer now smells like it, it is that overpowering.

The powder works to mattify, however, to the point of looking dull. Plus it really didn't blend well. The last straw was the fact that the powder has visible specks of shimmer in it! I don't know about you, but I don't want to walk around all day with my whole face shimmering. Who in their right mind would put glitter in a loose powder, I have no idea.

For me, this was just a total bust. Stay away from this powder!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by cathytuzon

The smell is a bit funky, but it didn't bother me that much. The powder sets makeup very well and doesn't look cakey or anything. I really did like this powder, but it made me look orange, even though it said TRANSLUCENT medium as the shade. I threw it away once I noticed this. Pretty sad as I really did like it, but there are many other translucent setting powders out there! And the search continues! :]

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by calibunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this powder. The only times I've purchased it is when I was in a hurry and picked it up instead of Maybellines loose powder. It makes my skin even more oily then it already is. It makes the blemishes look worse and the smell is so strong that I have to hold my breath when applying it. I am not even exaggerating. The top gets loose really quick. You get alot for the price. When you first put it on it "apprears" to cover really well. But thats probably because I applied so much with the poof it was an illusion. I don't care for this at all. But everyone is differnt and you don't know yourself unless you try it.