Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Miami Strip / Healthy Glow Bronzer

4.3

on 2/15/2012 2:06:00 AM

I like this bronzer it gives my nc40 complexion a nice glow. Today i went for an all bronzy kind of look. I applied it all over my cheeks and temples (as a highlight) on the highest points of my forehead & dabbed my finger in the pink shade and applied it on my nose and cupids bow for a very pretty highlight!!!!

on 1/23/2012 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Better as a shadow and highlight than a bronzer. It might work well for dry skin. On me though since I have oily skin I have to be very careful or it will highlight my pores. As a shadow though it is very pretty.

on 11/21/2011 1:12:00 AM

The shimmer strips are absoultely excellent ..i have them in 3 different shades..the one i am using now i think it is Sunset Strip is excellent..it gives u beautiful color.Excellent product!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My goodness. I've had this same bronzer for possibly years. I've used it every day and though I've hit a little bit of pan, there's plenty left. So you're definitely getting a good investment as far as price to consumption.

I use this both on my cheeks and also on my eyes. With a fluffy blending brush I use it to either add color to my eyes and color in my crease with the different colors, or swipe it along all the colors as a blending color if I'm doing a smoky eye. Adds some shimmer and some gradient, looks beautiful.

I love it as a cheek blush/contour/bronzer. I don't necessarily need contouring with my face shape, nor bronzing since I like being fair. But adding some to my cheeks just warms up my face somehow. I look more... sophisticated, as opposed to pink blush, which makes me look youthful. I always use this color if I go for a sexy smoky eye.

Highly recommend. Oh, and I also have the Bobbi Brown kind (my mom got it as a gift and passed it down to me), they both work exactly the same. Go with the cheaper one and save your money for something unique and special!

on 10/28/2011 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am obsessed with this! I swirl a brush in the lighter shades and sweep this on the tops of my cheek bones and my brow bone and it looks beautiful. These colors are also perfect as eye shadows, so pretty and shimmery and effortless. I use the light pink in the inner color of my eye, take the shadow next to that and put it all over my eyelid and then take the darkest color and put it in the crease of my eye. It is one of my favorite eye looks. Highly recommend this! I also have the shimmer strip in vegas strip, which is more golden tones, but the miami strip is so much more flattering on me.

on 10/2/2011 12:17:00 AM

Fabulous as an eyeshadow! Perfect for highlighting. As a bronzer, WAY too muddy looking and shimmery. Overall though, a keeper.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use the colours as eyshadows, not a bronzer (too shimmery). Perhaps not as smooth and buttery as some higher-end eye shadows such as Urban Decay but they are just as beautiful... These are actually the eyshadows I use the most... what can I say- they may be less trendy than Mac eyeshadows but they look prettier on the eyelids!

on 12/7/2010 9:38:00 PM

I like this, but definitely not as a bronzer. It works as a highlighter and really pretty eyeshadows. I do have to be careful when using it as a highlighter on my cheeks b/c it can end up looking very powdery or cakey.

I don't know if I would repurchase, as I feel like I could find something better. However, definitely not a bad product.

on 11/22/2010 11:58:00 PM

these are too shimmery don't like it too much i use it as a highlight or eyeshadow the packaging is crappy the pan came off not too long after i bought it =( i had to glue it back with eyelash glue

on 6/26/2010 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was at my local drugstore today and saw that there was a $3 off coupon for this product, so I got it for about $10, which was a great value. I first reached for it in the infamous 'Sunset Strip', but I found it a bit too dark for me, so I hesitated between Miami, and Waikiki (Peachy Glow Bronze), but ultimately chose this one because of the 'Healthy' aspect.
Although the product suggests to be used as a bronzer/blush, I use it for pretty much anything but that. I LOVE to use the different strips as eyeshadows. The colors are perfect for a beachy, glowy, summery eye look and are very easy and smooth to apply. The pigmentation is great and the colors are fantastic, either blended or alone.
So I use it mainly for eyeshadow, but I also like using the top color of this as a highlight for my cheekbones. It gives off a wonderful glow to enhance your features.
The packaging is nice, and doesn't bother me one bit.
I took off one lippie because it's waaaay too shimmery to use as a bronzer/blush. But, when you use it as eyeshadows, it's just so perfect that I had to give it 4 lippies.
Bottom Line: Get it if you're looking for a great set of summery/bronzy eyeshadows.
I would definitely re-purchase/ try out some different colors!

Popular Bronzers