November 28, 2014 | 1920 users online

Pressed Powders - LORAC - Perfectly Lit Luminizing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by wildkurls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have been using this for 2 years now. less is more with this powder/highlighter. if you dont have perfect skin, this will emphasize that but applied lightly on the bridge of the nose and cheek bones, you will have the most luminous beautiful glow. i have a couple of back-ups.i have it radiant and spolight, and radiant is more for me as its darker, and it suits my latina skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 5:44:00 AM More reviews by bobbictx

Went to Sephora today hoping to find the Make up For ever Shine On pressed powder, but they didn't carry that particular kind. The SA was really pushing me to buy this Lorac one, saying it was just like the MUFE one, but I hadn't read reviews on the Lorac one, so I tried it on and decided to think about it & read reviews before buying.

Well, I don't know if he just didn't put enough on the brush or what, but I saw nothing on my face. Nothing. At all. I put some on my hand, and it seemed to be a bit more oily than powdery.

Overall it seems like a decent highlighter, higher quality than some others out there, but not the best. I wish I could have seen it on my face, but nothing showed at all, and I think the oiliness of it would cause other makeup issues.

I might decide to buy this one someday if MUFE isn't available, and if it's discounted, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 9:54:00 AM More reviews by lemjam

I have mixed emotions about this product.

I just bought it last week along with LORAC Natural Performance Foundation (liquid foundation).

The gal at Sephora convinced me that the shimmer powder looked fantastic on my mid-30 year old skin. I thought it did too, at first. Now, depending on different lighting, my pores are either insanely noticeable, I look like a disco ball, or I look great. I have a love/hate relationship with this powder, and am undecided about returning this product. Like I said, in some lights I like the way it gives me a glow, which is one look I was trying to achieve so badly with mineral makeup, but I also strive for a nice clean look since I do have some hyperpigmentation thanks to age/pregancies/etc.
With that being said, this product is probably best left at saying you'd have to try it and make your own judgement for yourself. It may or may not give you the look you like. It did not break me out, which is awesome because I have a huge problem with make up doing that to my skin, and LORACS stuff is made for sensitive skin. (YAY!)
I will probably return this because it's just me, and it made me a little self conscious depending on what light I'm in. (I often go with a natural look and wanted to even my skin out.... this is going a little overboard for me.) For the price, I should be 100% comfortable in wearing it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2008 5:04:00 AM More reviews by blondejunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice shimmer, product but does not blend in well. It has a tendancy to sit on the skin and not move. I have used this with a sponge, different fan brushes, different blush brushes, different powder brushes, a skunk brush and a cotton ball. I can not get the application to work as I would like. It does work ok with the pad that comes inside. It takes A LOT of effort to blend for the shimmer look. I will stick to my smashbox soft lights. They are amazing and blend in much better. I would rather use moonstone eyeshadow with a blender brush than to use this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by oshioshi

I LOVE this product. I have a very oily acne-prone skin. I have small red pimples and blemishes that I used to hide with liquid foundation followed by powder. This product evens the look of my skin tone while adding slight suble glow. I have not used any foundation or powder since using this product!

I use a brush with this product, and use sparingly for a glow. Do not put too much of this powder on your face, or you will look too shiny. I also use bronzer/blush around the cheek for added color.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by 67tempest

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well where to start...... I used to use Clinique loose powder to set my foundation and as I am getting older and my skin getting drier it just is making my face look older in my opinion and that extreme Matte look is not the look of youth IMO... I was looking for a finishing powder to set my foundation as well as give a nice glow ..but i dont want any glitter as that looks cheap on anyone at any age ... well anyhoo... i went to sephora and this was recommended i got it in Spotlight... i think i should have gotten one shade lighter but this will be great as spring and summer is fast approaching.... First the Pros... NOT glittery At all .... it can be used all over the face .....makes the skin look very moist ...very fresh looking.... now the Cons..the applicator sponge totally sucks .. use a light hand when applying with a nice fluffy brush.... i think this shade is too dark to use all over the face for outdoor daylight in the winter or fall ....i am pretty fair ... NC20 in Mac ....I would recommend this in warm months for day or evening...as it gives you a HINT of color....evening use you can use this no matter what month of the year... i used it a few nites ago to go out to the clubs... supernice.... the only other thing i have noticed negative about this is ...or maybe it was the Lorac highlighter liquid mixed in with my foundation... i noticed it could possibly make your pores look larger..... i will be trying this again without the liquid highlighter in my foundation and will update this ..... overall this is an awesome product... does not turn orangey... anyone with darker complexions can use this shade anytime... i gave this a rating of 4 because if you are fair skinned you can't use it in daylight in cold months so it isn't a year found product...I will be purchasing this in thier lighter shade for using in daylight and cold months....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by LindsAllie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

love, love, love! i understand that for those completely adverse to non-subtlety, this may be too much for all-over. for me, however, it's positively divine. i really love the luminous glow it gives me, and if someone looks really closely at my skin and realizes i have powder on, it's something i can get over. this powder has no glitter -- only very finely milled shimmer -- so while it may be visible on the skin, it won't catch the eye, in my opinion. blends very well with skin to give a natural, your-skin-but-better look.

also, as someone who's allergic to talc, the fact that this powder is talc-free is *wonderful*. 99% of powders contain talc -- particularly those meant to highlight or illuminate, presumably for the purpose of counteracting actual oiliness -- so to find one that doesn't have it makes me sooo happy!!! further, the color selection is really great -- i love the middle one, as it gives me a little bit of color and a little bit of luminosity. no ashiness whatsoever in my case -- just perfect, complexion-evening tone. i would highly recommend this. love!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by judychoe

I usually use Laura Mercier highlighting/bronzer powder, but this one has them beat. Finely milled and truly creates a luminescent glow. I couldn't decide on just one shade, so I've purchased this in Spotlight and Radiant. I wouldn't overuse-but it definitely creates a soft radiant glow that's just very flattering. I wouldn't use this all over the face, but rather where you want to highlight where the sun hits - browbones, cheeks, forehead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 2:28:00 AM More reviews by verdant0green

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is NOT for all over the face, its way too shimmery for that...you would look very bizarre indeed :) The Sephora description is kind of misleading...the way to use this is very lightly and sparingly, just to give a bit of focus to certain areas, such as along the top of your cheekbones and around your temple in a C shape, along the length of your nose, your cupid's bow, etc. The applicator it comes with is utter crap, so I use a powder brush. I just very lightly roll it in the powder, lightly dust it along focal points, then blend it in a bit. If you use too much, it will be obvious and may make you look oily as opposed to glowy.

I bought this in Luminous, which when applied too heavily, would be an almost white sheen, but applied lightly blends in well enough while leaving a highlight. If you have medium skin, definitely get the Radiant. The Luminous would probably look too light, even though it is sheer and not obvious when applied lightly...I think in the summer months I would get the Radiant, but for the winter Luminous is nice.

Oh, this is not glittery or chunky at all, its very smooth and shimmery, more like a pearly sheen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 8:48:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I have a GWP-sized version of this in "Spotlight", which is a slightly peachy-toned champagne color. This highlighter gives a nice, soft sheen without any overt glitter. It has a good texture and lasting power too. It doesn't beat out my HG Becca Pressed Shimmer Powder in Hyawatha, but I'd say it's a definite runner-up. And since Becca is going out of business (I think) then it's good to know there's another quality highlighter that's easily available (and a bit cheaper too!).