April 24, 2014 | 1874 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Pleasures Delight

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by t2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this perfume a lot. I don't smell it. Its so gentle. Its sweet and I use it all year round.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by jayluvsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this super cheap off ebay, bought without smelling. This is not for me. Way to strong. I thought that maybe it would dry down to a lighter scent. Didn't happen. Passed this one along to a friend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 10:03:00 AM More reviews by danai

I'm a sweet scent person for sure, to the point that I sometimes like to go for outrageous sugary, foody creations. This was supposed to suit my taste, based on the notes. But it turns out, it does not work for me at all.
I'm all for cupcakey sweetness, as long as it doesn't give me a headache, but this frag feels like a pungent cloud around my head. There must be a couple of loud floral notes in the mix that stay throughout, because this doesn't give me the creamy vanilla/sugar drydown I so adore. It smells so loud and strong that it causes me to gasp when I get whiffs of it.
I'll stay away.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by whitelace6

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm writing this review from trying a tester several times. I really was looking forward to giving this fragrance a try, especially after reading some reviews on what it smelled like. I have a pretty good nose I think, but each time I tried this, I could only make out a creamy caramel scent. No fruit, no floral. Must be my chemistry. Not long-lasting either. Although I like sweet fragrances, I don't want to smell only caramel. For me, I wouldn't purchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

PLEASURES DELIGHT opened nicely; I love the scent of strawberries, and they're certainly here. In abundance. Sadly it just went downhill from there.

I had already fallen for PLEASURES DELIGHT after the opening, and awaited the pretty florals, then a sweet and creamy dry-down… Instead, all I got from there onwards were sharp florals.

At least I’m guessing they’re meant to be florals. I was unable to identify them; it was just a jumble.

The only note I could seperate was the dreaded patchouli.

It started of so well. It just imploded on itself; as if someone had gone around mixing up several testers.

The staying power is good, but not great.

Scent notes; Pomegranate, freesia, wild strawberry, lily, peony, heliotrope, lily-of-the-valley, patchouli, marshmallow, vanilla, caramel and rose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by sara942

got this for my mom and both my mom and dad love it! my mother is a woman whose body chemistry makes almost every fragrance she tries to wear smell weird, but not this one--it smells lovely on her! my only caution is that it is a strong fragrance with much staying power, so avoid the temptation to spritz more than once! It's a very grown-up gourmand; warm, feminine and sophisticated, for people who love gourmands and fruity scents but don't want to smell like a 12-year-old. the most distinctive notes in this are vanilla, patchouli, caramel and rose--that sounds weird, i know, but it's actually quite nice. it starts off fruity and then quickly (in perhaps 30 mins - 1 hr) descends into its very warm base notes--without being too heavy on any one note. very nice:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by lovelyxfugitive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Whoa, I COMPLETELY disagree with the last review left for this perfume. I understand how personal scents are, but really? Pleasures Delight did not strike me as a "me too" kind of perfume in the slightest. (If you want a "me too" gourmand, try Juicy Couture and stand at least fifty yards away from me, please. That's an unoriginal, generic "me too" perfume in my opinion.)

I have written a few reviews for perfume on this site, and so far I've only left positive ones. My feelings about Pleasures Delight are entirely positive as well. It is much more complex than one might think, and smells different on everybody who has stolen sprays from me. I might add that they usually love it on me, but hate it on them. I think that Pleasures Delight is a pickier perfume than most of the ones out in its genre- also backing up my view that it is not, in fact, a generic crowd-pleasing scent meant to make money.

I don't mean that in the sense that it doesn't smell good on me! Not to sound arrogant, but this is the perfume I've gotten the most positive reactions with. I've had a few male professors become quite enamored with it, actually, while at the same time receiving compliments from a female classmate sitting next to me. One of my instructors actually went and bought it for his wife for her birthday, then reported a week later that she felt it did not smell very good on her. (She ended up exchanging it for Angel, actually, which I also like- but can't wear at all. Just goes to show how funny body chemistry is.)

This all being said, I really can't give a description of what it actually smells like! It is an extremely warm gourmand, but not a fully "sweet" one. It is very different (again, this is just my opinion) than most gourmands out there because there is not one food-y smell that dominates the whole scheme. It's a feminine, intriguing and interesting blend.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by milktoast24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Estee Lauder did not have a gourmand in their lineup so in order to meet the "me too" rush, they quickly came up with this generic fruity gourmand that wants to be unique and distinctive, but it's about 15 years too late.

It's a harried, boring composition that wishes it were Hanae Mori or Hypnotic Poison but fails to come close to either; trying to please everyone by being mediocre. It is a highly forgettable gourmand/floriental that does not linger in one's memory nor draw comments the way an Angel or Flowerbomb would.

If you want to be special, buy an *original* fruity gourmand (i.e. Lolita Lempicka, Coco Mlle).

If you want to be "me too", then get Pleasures Delight.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by tiramisu101

This is a great gourmand scent. It does start out rather beautifully with strawberries and settles into a spicy caramel-vanilla in about ten minutes. There's just something sharp and pungent at the end though, and I'm not sure what. I don't quite like it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

Months ago I got a GWP mini bottle and I tried to give it a chance by occasionally wearing it at home to see if it grows on me but it's a complete and total turn off. I think there's something in it that doesn't sit well with my chemistry. There are very few scents I'll outright dislike but I found no pleasure in this one at all. Fragrance Type: Gourmand, Fruity, Floral

Top Notes