November 26, 2014 | 1362 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Color Ideal

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by l3xileven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just feel....meh about this. Lancome are great for shade matching (I wear 010 in this) for us paler girls, and this is a nice light sheer foundation that doesn't oxidise. It is a little runny but I find it easy to blend smooth with a brush or fingers. I also like the pump packaging which dispenses a good amount.
However, I also find the staying power appalling, even when set with powder. After 1 hour it's everywhere - phone, collars, settling into pores....and it doesn't stay on my oily T-zone. At the end of the day there is nothing left. I wanted a sheer every day foundation but for this price I'd like to wear it for more than an hour a day! I'm going to finish the bottle, but I won't repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like some of the reviewers of this product, I too am surprised they're negative. I've been on a search for a foundation that will work with my extremely oily skin. I've tried MAC studio fix (over MAC prep and prime), Colorstay, Clinque, and several other drug store foundations and I'm oily in like 2 hours. I found my perfect color match with MAC but the coverage felt so heavy and was getting on everything I touched! I finally settled between BE matte and MAC studio in pressed powder but wasn't happy with the color match. Lancome Color Ideal was so amazing I kept checking my face every hour and was sure I would be suddenly be oily....to my surprise I was matte, but not overly dry and the color match was just amazing when I checked it under natural light. It is very high coverage for me which is what I prefer and blends to almost an airbrush finished with finger application or my 187 brush. I will definately repurchase again and again, I didn't give it 5 stars because it's a tad expensive but I don't use too much with my stippling brush.
***Update*** Summer had died down and my tan is gone but I still found a great use for this foundation.....my new bronzer. I love it still the great coverage and looks absolutely natural!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by indiangirl1220

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. I'm really surprised that there are so many negative reviews! If you need a ton of coverage then I would recommend lancome's teint idole ultra (I think that's what it's called? the 14 hour wear one), but for everyone else, I think this foundation is fantastic. When I first put it on it looks a little light, but after waiting 2 or 3 minutes it looks perfect. I do use a separate concealer on hyperpigmentation spots, but I don't like a heavy feeling all over my face so this sheer-medium foundation works fine for me. I also love that it's in a pump. I like how the glass bottle looks, but it can be annoying to travel with. I also buy it from a CCO, so it is significantly cheaper than at Lancome counters (although the first time I did go to a counter to get matched). I wear II-10-N.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by glbxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

So, after the bad comments on this product I decided I had to say something . . people have been saying about the cakeyness but this is sheer! Seriously, if you blend it in properly then you won't get a moustache or whatever, it looks very even and flawless,even on my acne prone skin.
Also, this is the first foundaiton I have ever tried that doesn't break me out - Maybelline, L'oriel, all the mineral stuff would break me out but this doesn't, and makes my skin feel so good. I use the Lancome primer as well for extra staying power, but you could use it without it :)
I take it wih me in the day for touch ups around lunch, and because of the lid and pump its very easy to get a small amount out and know it isn't gonna leak in my bag!
The only downside to this product is price (around £20), but honestly I was buying £10 foundation every 2 weeks - a month and I have had mine since Christmas, now its very nearly April and I've still got quite a lot left.
Also, the glass bottle keeps make-up cool - something I like a lot when it's hot outside.
Overall, if you can I would definatly recommend buying this product - my skin is kept fresh-looking all day :) x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am truly shocked by all the bad reviews for this! This is one of the best liquid foundations I've come across. Lancome has a nice shade selection for this formula, its very easy to blend, gives sheer to medium coverage, and really makes your skin look flawless, but not all made up. The staying power is pretty good, I have oily skin and this holds up great. I use shade I-20 and it matches my NC20 skin perfectly. I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants perfect, even coverage, and a natural matte finish.

*** Update: Eh, I've found much better foundations than this. I'm not crazy about it anymore, plus its being discontinued. ***

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Saucygirl

I have no real complaints about this product. Just little gripes. I don't wear foundation, so I just use it as a concealer on random blemishes. When used for that purpose, it's not bad. It does sort of make them seem a little flaky after a few hours, but nothing I can't handle. I can't see using this over my entire face, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by tock

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very expensive, this foundation offers little coverage and often tended to enhance my dry skin rather than smooth it out, as the Lancomé counter expert promised. Overall, would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by gaby_flores

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow! I'm impressed that this foundation got so many bad reviews. It works wonders on me. I love how it is not mask-like at all, kinda like True Match which I used to use before my acne emerged. This also was recommended to me by my derm and I love it! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by bttrflyrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for about a year now. It is a perfect color match for me. I don't think it looks caky or accentuates pores like other users have stated.
It does, however, have very poor lasting ability. It comes off very easily if you merely blow your nose or wipe your face. I will not be purchasing it again for this reason. It's a shame because I really love the color match and the finish.
My search for the perfect foundation continues...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by haleyanna19

This makeup was TERRIBLE. Matter of fact, I spent twenty minutes on the Lancome site just to find this makeup to warn others about this makeup. I have moderately dry skin, but my chin gets oily. I only breakout around my period, so I have fairly decent skin. I also have rosacea and have reallyy red cheeks, so I thought that for almost 40 dollars a pop, it'd cover EVERYTHING...I was WRONG! It covered everything, but it covered everything and then some. I looked like I had a moustache it was so caked on. When I got out into natural light, I looked like I had a yellow neck. I also had the Photogenic loose powder, but it made no difference. I wouldn't buy this product at ALL. :(