L'Oreal Volume Shocking Waterproof

2.8

on 9/12/2010 3:45:00 PM

I agree with most of those reviews. This mascara does give you those oh-la-la lashes, however, it clumps like crazy!!!! The ending results for me, are those 5 long, fat lashes!!! But I also use the eyebrow combs or an old, clean mascara wand to separate my lashes, so they are more fanned out. Would I buy this product again? No. Why did I gave it 2 lippies? Because it does give you a lot of volume. I just wish they could change the formula a little bit, so doesn't clump as much. As for the price. I think the retail was around $9, but got mine at BigLots for 3 bucks, so I don't feel bad when I trow it away.

on 8/23/2010 12:52:00 PM

While I like the idea of using a primer to lengthen my lashes, like everyone else said this made my lashes clump like none other. yes the results were long lashes but it made my lashes look like those scary clumpy spider legs.

on 3/26/2010 8:00:00 AM

I agree with the below comments... It's the mascara that makes my eyelashes CLUMP the MOST. It does amazing lengthen my eyelashes. I was quite impressed with it but hell, I ALWAYS HAVE TO TRY TO GET THE EYELASH COMB to fix my eyelashes after using it. Now I only use the primer and other mascara for my eyes. And by the way, if u have sensitive eyes. Don't use it... It does irritate my eyes.

on 3/19/2010 10:57:00 AM

I really, really like the way this one looks on my eyelashes. The only problem is that it is nearly impossible to remove, so one lippy off for that. The other thing is that it really does clump up, but I think I just have to work on my application technique because if I apply it on the top of my lashes and then comb through them from the roots, it clumps a lot less. But overall, it looks great... I think I will purchase the original one because of how hard it is to remove this one it at night. (I have to use tons of Ponds Cold Cream (which I absolutely love) on it, but it's still such a hassle to remove. And it ends up ripping off eyelashes! So, maybe the original one is the way to go in this case.

I love this mascara, it gives me AMAZING volume and length & everyone is always asking me if I am wearing false eyelashes! I do have to agree that you have to get used to this wand. I took of 1 lippy because it's the HORRIBLE to take this mascara off! I tore out lashes when taking this mascara off! Only use the waterproof version when your going swimming, The original is good to use even when raining so use that one.

on 1/23/2010 8:51:00 PM

I surprised by the low rating of this product. I bought this on a whim and had not read the reviews prior to picking it up. I'm very picky about mascara and the most important elements to me are how well it holds curls. I'm usually not a fan on eyelash primers either because feel like they make you lose your curl. However, this one doesn't seem to do that.

I got the 465 Black Brown Waterproof. I have to say that this holds the curls very well. You have to get used to the Step 2 comb but the formula gives a good volume and length and actually holds curl well. Its a tiny bit clumpy.

on 1/11/2010 9:00:00 PM

You have to use an EyeLash Comb afterwards!!!

1. It practically double the length of my short, straight lashes and it holds a curl really well. The primer is truly effective and you can see the primer slowly accumulate and extend my lashes. I was stunned. Volume is so-so. I don't think any mascara that does all three (or four): lengthen, holds curls, adds volume (and conditions the lashes.) It holds it own compared to several department store brands I have tried (MAC, Dior, Estee, Clinique, etc)

2. The black wand is truly terrible design. Yes it clumps your eyelashes together, but...

All you have to do to remedy the solution is get a EyeLash Brush!!! (The best one with metal bristles is by Tweezerman. I've had it for 10 years. Plastic bristles simply don't work.) I am really happy with the way it looks. Extraordinarily long lashes that make my eyes pop. Yes, they are so long, they almost look fake.

3. Albolene took off the mascara with no problems at all.

I would give this mascara 5 marks if LOreal actually gave the product a thick, bristly, hard brush-wand instead of the award comb-wand for the black side.

I have yet to experiment with trying a different black mascara on the other side, but I wouldn't complain. I have paid more for department store mascaras that just didn't do much. Crumbly, no volume, and no curl.

on 12/29/2009 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do not like the packaging, it's kinda weird looking. but I actually prefer this over the voluminous mascara. I have the short straight asian eyelashes, and this is able to hold the curl while adding length.

on 12/20/2009 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This product seems to be hated by most on the site, however, it wasn't that bad for me. Yes it is extremely hard to remove (even with make up remover), but my lashes looked fine. I still prefer to use my Maybelline or Clinique mascaras, though!

on 11/15/2009 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this a few years ago and really disliked it. Not a very good mascara for me. Seemed to clump and irritated my eyes. I didn't really like the packaging either, it was just kind of weird to me. Overall I would never buy this one again.

Popular Mascaras