December 18, 2014 | 1857 users online

Fragrances - veroprofumo - rubj

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by ellizam

Grape Kool-Aid. Really really persistent Grape Kool-Aid. On a wooden table, at first, then all Grape Kool-Aid, all the time. Utterly ridiculous price.

The jammy/fruitiness that turns into Grape Kool-Aid on me no doubt becomes the jammy/fruity, rich jasmine at the heart of Joy on other people. But on me... Grape Kool-Aid.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jemimagold

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Rubj seemed inoffensive at first, especially as compared to its earthy power-house sister Onda. I definitely got orange blossom in the top note which seemed tempered with a touch of chypre which seemed kind of promising. However, as Rubj dried down, it started emanating strong whiffs of raspberry Kool-Aid. It ended up reminding me a lot of POTL's "Luctor et Emergo" which prominently features notes of cherry pie.

Rubj is definitely not something I can ever imagine wearing. Furthermore, if I wanted to smell like cherry or a raspberry (which I don't!), I would take myself off to the nearest Bed, Bath and Bodyworks and buy something there for a fraction of what Vero and POTL charge!

Here are the notes for Rubj per The Perfumed Court: Moroccan sweet orange blossom, Egyptian jasmine, and musk, "all of the finest quality".

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by SkirtSteak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Rubj smells just like a berry Yankee candle, but I like it anyway. I don't get any spices, nor is there any discernible depth or base. Simple and linear; it's a tart, juicy, berry soaked floral perfect for a hot day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2008 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Lynne1962

I love this & didn't think I'd like a white floral!! It's rich jasmine and orange blossom with a whiff of Onda musk in the mix!! It's bright, effervescent,,and has great staying power. Addictive- - -can't stop sniffing my wrist. Will buy soon as the CHF exchange rate makes it tempting!!
notes: Moroccan orange blossom, musk, Egyptian jasmine

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by flannerygrace

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love white florals but this is a floral unlike any I've ever experienced. It has such depth, it is like falling into a lagoon of rich dark sensuous scents. Orange blossom, musk and jasmine are its components, but I've never encountered them in anything as beautiful and mysterious as this concoction!

I did NOT want to like it, it is too expensive, but I tell myself it is so concentrated I won't need much, ...yea right ... I'll be applying this endlessly just for another dip beneath its waves. Sigh, take me away, Rubj.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2007 5:19:00 AM More reviews by dinazad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So you apply a drop of rubj, and with a suprised flutter of your eyelashes you find yourself smack in the middle of the Marrakesh souk on a hot and muggy day. Heat, spices, concentrated humanity, the heavy scent of orange flowers, jasmine and unnamed perfumes. But wait! You've come across a flying carpet, and within seconds you're flying up above all the noise and the crowds, the wide, blue sky like a dome above you, various effervescent breezes carrying up the scent of orange groves, flowers in shady gardens filled with the tinkle of cool water in ornamental fountains, and then night falls, and even the stars have a sparkling, happy scent, and all the while you feel incredibly, exitingly bubbly and exhilarated. A perfume filled with joy and sparkle and light. Well worth the substantial price!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No