Enzo Milano Curling Iron

3.3

on 3/19/2010 3:16:00 PM

Enzo Milano Gio Professional 1" Flat Iron
My review is the the Enzo Milano Gi Professional 1" Flat Iron. I am posting this review here as there is not a review that is set up for the flat iron. My major complaint with this flat iron is that I just purchased it in January and now in March it has completely died! I am simply angry that this thing just completely died after only 3 months! Too add insult to injury, it is not inexpensive. The company itself does have a warranty, but they want me to send an extra $25.00 for service. I don't think so! I believe that I was suckered once!!!! HIGHLY recommend not to purchase this product.

on 1/11/2010 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I adore my enzo milano. I've had it for a few weeks now and I don't know how I ever put up with any other curling iron. It heats up in less than a minute and the curl is there after less than 5 seconds for my hair. I tried it on a friend who has very hard to curl hair but even for hers it was maybe 8 seconds. The curl lasts for 3 days for my hair even if I sleep flat on it, I've always washed my hair after that but I'm sure it would stay longer. I have the 19mm and I really like it, it makes a nice defined curl but with a lot of finger brushing can turn into a very natural wavy curl. If for some reason this would ever stop working, which I doubt, I would definitely buy another. Definitely worth the price. And I love that mine is pink :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I love this curling iron (the 25mm)- it gives me loose spiral waves that stay until I wash my hair. I have pin-straight hair that's really hard to keep curl and this iron definitely solves that problem. The only con is that it fries the crap out of your hair because it's so hot (it even comes with a kevlar glove so you don't burn yourself) so I don't use it every time I curl my hair (I use hot rollers a lot). But the waves you get with this iron are AMAZING- a nice "boho" wavy hair look =) I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has hard-to-curl hair and wants curls that last long.

on 10/25/2009 5:15:00 AM

This is the BEST curling iron I've ever used. I do have to say though..that if you aren't very coordinated with doing your own hair...this could be a burn waiting to happen.

I love my Enzo because it gives the most natural, beachy waves that really do last! I have typical asian, straight hair and even without any product..my hair remains curled (even after having my hair up in the shower). I personally do not use the included glove because it makes it difficult to hold on to my slippery hair. This is my absolute favorite curling iron now! :)

For those of you who want an easier tool to work with...I'd recommend the CHI Turbo Digital Ceramic Spring Curling Iron. Previous to this iron...this was another product that gave long-lasting curls.

I regret buying this product! It does not curl my hair and I burned my arm with it. The woman told me it was virtually impossible to burn my arm with this but I have the proof of her deception on my arm. The curls she had put on my hair with the product while I sat with her were lovely but after 1 hour they became totally flat. This product is worthless. Save your money and buy a hair curler from Conair.

on 9/9/2009 8:31:00 PM

The 19mm Enzo Milano clipless curling iron that I bought about a year ago literally died on me for no apparent reason when I was about halfway through styling my hair for an important event. I kept my iron in pristine condition in its original box when not in use, watched the DVD, followed the directions, and used it carefully. In my opinion Enzo Milano products like my clipless curling iron, though priced to suggest quality and durability, are cheaply made and are DEFINITELY not worth the money!!!!! I will seek out another brand in my search for a new clipless iron, since I DO love the results. The lifetime warranty is a joke...expect it to cost you at least $47.00 for them to replace a defective product (more likely $72 if you forget to return the warranty card). Like it's not THEIR bad that my iron just died like it did! I am really disappointed in the Enzo Milano 19mm clipless curling iron.

on 8/11/2009 4:58:00 AM

I loooooove this iron and it has guaranteed my never having a bad hair day. LIek teh reviewer below I have naturally wavy hair which is a pain to deal with and style to look decent hence why I would jsut straighten it to get a polished look. This ofocurse takes way too much time when I'm in a hurry so what I do is leave my hair naturally wavy with some curl cream etc adn when it dryes I use this iron to spot curl the tops layers of my hair which makes my hair look flawless and like all of it is professionally curled. I was neve ra fan of regular curling irons no matter what quality as when you don't ahve straight hair using the clamp takes forever and leaves naturally wavy hair frizzy so I would always jsut wrap my hair around the barrel of ragular curling irons. WHen this came out I loooved the idea of a curling rod which really is soo easy to use. It is teflon coated and heats up in 30 seconds. Yes it is hot to teh people who mention this and with a curling iron you don't need a heat setting. You are jsut wrappign your hair around it for 5 seconds max and thats all you need. You don't need to go crazy lieka flat iron. This iron ltireally makes curling my hair soo easy and withing 10 minutes I look like I spend hours. THat is what I love and the hold is INSANE. I don't even have to use a styling or hairpsray and your curl will hold with this alone. I have even gotten all my straight as a board hair friendsa ddicted to this iron. It is soo worth the $$ and unlike regular irons holds the curl effortlessly, works in seconds, and gives you naturaly curls and waves without any effort/frizz. Hands down the best curling product on the market. Now I just need to find the holy grail of flat irons lol

P.S. Yes the quality of the hands and whatnot is no teh best in the world but for the results and the fact that these irons hav ea lifetime warranty who cares.

on 7/29/2009 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had to add my positive review to boost this product up! I had no idea I could ever have beautiful curls (frizzy, wavy hair). My hairstyle choices were (1) ponytail or (2) ponytail. It takes way too much work and time fatiron my hair. Now I just work with my natural waves and spot curl for a gorgeous head of hair! Too bad it took so long for this product to come out! I just hope it doesn't break since it hasn't been on the market very long.

on 7/27/2009 1:54:00 PM

I found that this curling iron is kinda flimsy. Also there is no temperature setting to this iron, just "on" or "off", and it is HOT. I definitely don't need such a high temp to curl my hair but there is no way to adjust it. Plus, the heat glove is not enough protection and I've already burned myself numerous times. Even with a 2nd heat glove on top, it's just not enough and I can only hold the curl in place for about 4 seconds before my fingers can no longer handle it. That makes it hard to get the right curl because it's too hot to hold in place.
EDIT: I am beginning to wonder how this iron is even legal? Major finger burns....if you drop water on it, it will sizzle like a greased frying pan.

on 11/3/2008 10:59:00 AM

i would never have to buy this again because it is never going to break. i bought it for $50 at a mall because it was their last hour there. i always get compliments on my hair when i curl it. the curls last for such a long time. im vietnamese so it gets pretty difficult to curl my hair.

definitely worth it!