April 19, 2014 | 1066 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Giorgio Armani - Master Corrector

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Spiderwort

after reading the few reviews on this, I finally went to purchase this. I am a student with hereditary under eye circles. I get a decent amount of coverage with a concealer but we can still see a bit of darkness passing through in the afternoon. I purchased this in Holt Renfrew (I live in Canada) and it retails around 43$. I bought the orange colored one. It looks really expensive in this small tube but you only use a little bit everytime and it'll last you for a long time. So it's worth it. It gives great correction. I have asian yellow undertone and brown-purple-ish dark circles. On good days, one coat of this is enough. On bad days (exam periods), two coat of this and a coat of concealer covers my dark circles and make me look as if I slept a good 10 hours of sleep (when I probably had about half of that). It stays on the whole day. And the best thing is : IT DOES NOT CREASE into my lines. I have these weird wrinkles/folds under my eyes (and i'm only 22) and it's super hard to find something that doesn't crease. (if any of you were wondering, the concealer i'm using is the Diorskin Sculpt lifting smoothing concealer: a great concealer that doesn't settle in wrinkles (if you don't use too much)). Also, this corrector is thin and liquidy and it stays flat under your concealer and does cake up. I absolutely recommend Giorgio Armani Master Corrector to anyone with dark circles that need an extra push with their concealor.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by DaniDeelish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a review specifically for the 'orange' shade.
This is an ingenious product! It is essentially acts like a very pigmented, liquidy primer (as it doesn't crease, but a little goes a very long way). It comes in 4 shades; pink, yellow, green and orange. I have the orange one for my under eye dark circles. Doesn't crease, stays put all day, but covers my horrendous, genetic dark circles flawlessly. you only need a few tiny dots under your eyes. I blend it in with the beauty blender, as I do with practically everything these days. I'm an NC15, so this is far too dark for my skin (I would say it would suit a NC30-35 by MAC). So I have to go over it with another concealer that is my skin tone. My favorite ATM is MAC Pro Long wear concealer in NC15. Helps brighten the area fantastically, stays put all day and creases very minimally. I highly recommend using a brightening, or just a light colored concealer under your eyes on top of this corrector, as the corrector will CORRECT the darkness under your eyes, but not BRIGHTEN.
This stuff is very liquidy, which really helps it not crease and not look heavy or cakey.
I will continue to use and will 100% repurchase, maybe even also try the pink shade.
If you're looking for something to conceal your dark circles, and have tried everything but hated it cause it creases and looks cakey (story of my life), try this. Just make sure to have another light concealer on hand to go on top of this (recommend the mac pro long wear).
Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by sunnyraingene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS! I've been using this for more than 4 months and I'm left with about 20% of the product. I use this about 6 days every week and I reckon it will finish by the sixth month, just the right use-by period for a liquid concealer. Am using the orange shade (I have a yellowish skin tone) and my ring finger to gently pat in the product onto my crazy dark circles. The consistency is quite thin you'd think it won't do much, but it's so highly pigmented that a little goes a long way. It makes my skin in that area look dewy as well. I know this is not the most affordable concealer but hey, it does what it is supposed to do!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in shade no.2 after hearing raves on the makeup board. I'd been using bobbi browns peach corrector and wanted to try something new. The armani is a little darker than the BB. The shade worked well on my nc42 skintone and created a nice brightened look. I'm giving it a 3 rating because it's expensive, and I found that my concealers creased/faded when I used this under, and I tried it with several dif. concealers.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm NC15 and got it in #1 for my brown undereye circles. This is a pigmented pink corrector that IMO can't be used as a concealer. A concealer still has to go on top as this turns my undereye circles an alarming coral-brown shade. Thankfully, the coral shade disappears when concealer is applied on top!

I like the brush as it is thin and allows precise application of corrector. However, I will use a concealer brush to spread it out evenly. I don't use a lot, a few dots are enough to spread over my circles. This is a great base for applying concealer as it doesn't settle into lines, crease or cake. Concealer won't slide off or crease because of it.

I'm deducting 1 lipstick as my undereye circles don't seem to be that well corrected despite layering high coverage concealers over - maybe the shade doesn't suit me (but peach/orange/salmon correctors like BB light peach or Benefit's Erase Paste don't exactly work for me too D-:) There is an improvement as opposed to wearing just concealer alone though... I will be looking for a yellow corrector next as I heard that it's better for brown undereye circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Elysew

This is wonderful for correcting the blue tint under my eyes. Great product

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by cindyriel

This is a review for the Master Corrector in #2 - orange.

My skin tone is around and NC30 and I have yellow undertones with browny looking dark circles. I naturally have very dark circles that are quite brownish. I've tried several different concealers and correctors - MAC select cover up, Maybelline age rewind (sponge tip applicator), Maybelline cover stick concealer, Maybelline fit me - and none of them have ever dimished my dark circles or even hid them, they only made my undereyes look unnatural and weird-looking as my undereyes are BROWNY, not blue-ish. I can't remember where I saw this but I knew I had tot have it. I had my eye on it for about half a year before I decided to buy it due to its price, but I am SO HAPPY I bought it. It's the best makeup item I have ever purchased. When you first apply it, it goes on very orange and I initially thought I'd have to apply a normal concealer/foundation that is my shade to hide the orangey-ness, HOWEVER once you start to blend it in (I just used my finger) the orange goes away and blends like a dream and for once, I can truly say my dark circles are GONE! It has a very very slight shimmer to it which is not noticeable at all! I only noticed it when I was wiping the concealer and I could see slight shimmer residue under my bathroom light.

In summation, I am completely in love with this product and would definitely repurchase this again with no hesitation! Ah no more cakeyness or weird unnatural looking under-eyes!

Note: #1 (pink) is recommended for those with blue-ish undereyes and #2 (orange) is recommended for those with brownish undereyes.

Also, if you have purchased the orange one and you find it makes your undereyes look hollow or "sunken in", chances are you are much better suited to the pink shade! x

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by arlenek

I have this in shade no.1, and it's amazing it neutralises my dark circles, it feels beautiful on the skin, it blends like a dream:) it also doesn't crease and I add concealer on top and somehow it acts like a primer in preventing the added concealer from creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by powerderprincess

At first I didn't like this product because I thought it was the wrong shade. I am NC25 and after trying the 4.5 shade I am sold. This product literally melts into my skin and is the opposite of cakey. It covers 90% of my dark circles, but they are really dark. Bonus, for the price a little goes a long way. I can see this tube lasting a year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I appoligize in advance for this long review, but I take correctors seriously!!! Also, I know that there are many others like me that struggle to cover-up undereye circles and I want to be as helpful as I can re: this expensive & not "easily-available-to-swatch" product. I have tried both of the Giorgio Armani Master Corrector colors- #1 & #2.

**** If you are seriously considering trying this product & are unsure of what color may work best but don't have Giorgio Armani products available in your area, know that L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-Dull Skin Primer color "light skin" is the almost the exact same color as GAMC #1 (L'Oreal is a tad more pinky & less coraly as GMAC but it's darn close) & color "medium/deep skin" is the same color as GAMC #2. These are NOT true DUPES, as the intended purpose of each product is very different. The COLORS are duplicates. I purchased L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-Dull Skin Primers in both "light skin" & "medium/deep skin" to see if they would bea cheaper alternative to GMAC & I can tell you that they do not provide the coverage, the pigment or the quality that GAMC does & they are very drying under the eyes. L'Oreal's are face primers (I guess-still not sure WTH they are!) & GAMC's are true under-eye color correctors. Still, I think applying these similar colors under your eyes will give you an idea of which GAMC color will work best for you.*******

Now for my review: For reference, I am fair-light skinned, NC20-25, cool yellow undertones, mild rosacea on cheeks & sides of nose with mostly dry skin (very dry under my eyes). I have had obvious bluish-purple undereye circles as well as brown patches under the eye area & on my lids since I was a child & they are only worse now that I'm approaching my mid-40's, have chronic sinus issues & I am somewhat of an imsoniac. I am always on the look-out for a magical concealer and/or corrector. BB's corrector/concealers are too dry & cakey for me as are every other corrector I have tried.

I heard about Giorgio Armani's Master Corrector here on MA & ran to Nordstrom's & purchased both colors. #1 is a light coralish colored peachy pink. #2 is more of an orangey peach. When swatched next to each other, #1 & #2 look similar except # 1 is a tad lighter & has more of a pinkish-peach where as #2 is deeper & has more obvious orange to it. I don't have pink undertones so I thought #2 (orange) would be my color. It did correct the bluish circles but made the hollows under my eyes look deeper because it was just too dark for me. Next, I tried #1 (peachy pink). It is more of a peach than a true pink but still has a pinkish tint and I honestly didn't think it would work. Well, was I ever surprised that #1 (peachy pink) did the trick! It covers the blue & purple very well & does not get cakey. It has a unqiue, silky texture and is similar to a thick, liquid under-eye concealer. No obvious sparkles, not greasy at all & blends-in well. I feel that I look better w/ a concealer over this but some may find that GAMC works well enough, on it's own, & can skip concealer. I need to brighten up the hollow area a tad w/ a lighter concealer.

All in all, I think GAMC is an excellent product if you pick the correct color. The packaging is not great for such a pricey product but it works well (comes w/ a feather-tip applicator wand) and no product goes to waste. Hope this reviews helps!

32 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No