January 31, 2015 | 1885 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Voluminous Marker eyeliner

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by MissAwesome

I was expecting a lot when I bought this, but this was a let down.
The pigment was alright, not very dark nor very light. When I was applying to my upper lid, the chemicals in the marker, made my eye sting a bit and was watery. You, also can't use this for tightlining nor waterline- pigment won't even show up and it will sting your eye even if it's not touching your eye.
So this product won't go to waste, I apply this to my upper lid after I apply my pencil eyeliner. It makes the eyeliner darker and it makes the color stay longer. This product is kind of a stain. But it would be unnecessary to go over it if you're using liquid eyeliner.
What a waste of money. I really need to read reviews before buying

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Dustylove

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

No -- this doesn't work on waterline. I thought this would make it easier without going to the gel/brush route. This liner has no density. Also, is not waterproof. A disaster!

I will stick with milani pencils or revlon liquifeye. Or, back to gel.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2012 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Beatmadl

I thought this would be a great eyeliner before I bought it.

But it didn't work for me at all. The color pay off was really bad, the line was extremely uneven.
I don't know, maybe it's me, but I couldn't handle this product at all.
Definitely never going to repurchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by truelily

I bought it, thought it was okay, then after a month, I thought it was all dried up... You have to press really hard to get the colour to come out... Not great.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by zeener

This looks and smell like a permanent marker. The tip is rather think which makes it difficult for thin lines, and the pigment is not very dark. You have to draw over it a few times for good coverage, but the awkward tip makes it difficult to maintain a good line.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by payalbansal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very lucky I didn't spend any money on it(I got it free with my mascara).

I like the concept but it didn't quite work out with this, it literally feels like I am putting my eyeliner on with a sharpie. It smells terrible, hard to apply evenly with the tip I found, very watery. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by NARSaholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love love love love love!!!!! If I could marry an eyeliner, I have found my match! This + Urban Decay Eye Primer + ANY eye shadow + L'Oreal Collagen Mascara = I don't have to touch up my makeup at all, all day. Seriously, it's a gold mine. I am in love and so very happy I have found this amazing piece of tiny machinery!

UPDATE: Sadly, I'm no longer as happy with this product as I once was. I am now using MUFE waterproof eye pencil in black and using a smudge brush to work it into the top lashes. This gives me a more natural daytime look. I may hold onto the L'Oreal marker for nighttime looks, but am generally reaching for eyeliner gel pots in the evening to increase the eye "drama".

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by kimmierivera

I've had the same issues a lot of other reviewers have posted, but wonder if anyone else has had an allergic reaction to this eyeliner like I have? It took me twice to realize it was the eyeliner causing it...I must have gotten it in my eye when applying, my eyes started to itch & sting and within minutes it looks like I've been punched in the face. The entire insides and area around my eyes swells up like a balloon. The swelling goes after a day or two with rinsing them repeatedly, but the irritation lasts all week! I will NEVER buy this product again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Kat2004

I think I'd get better results from lining my eyes with a crayola marker. This is one of the worst eyeliner pens i've ever used - goes on choppy, uneven and has very weak pigment.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by ccmakalister

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Rating- I cannot believe this doesn't have higher ratings! This helps me create the BEST slight winged look with STRAIGHT lines (obviously not for use on the lower lash line). I get so many compliments. I have only tried the black/brown and it does fade a bit into the day, but is easily refreshed with a second coat. I'm going to buy the black next time. I hope they keep making this product! It's a must have for me! :)
Packaging- The cap should be like a marker/pen and stick to the bottom. Otherwise the cap can get lost.