November 25, 2014 | 1755 users online

Bronzers - Rimmel - Natural Bronzer - 027 Sun dance

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by DiAni

I purchased shade 27 Sun Dance after hitting pan and completely used up my 22 Sun Bronze. While 22 Sun Bronze virtually is a matte bronzer that I love using all year round for warming up my face and contouring subtly, 27 Sun Dance is more for the dead of winter. It pulls a glowy peachy golden on my very yellow Asian skin so it really enhances my tan skin at the moment. The powder itself has a satiny finish but I always end up with a bunch of tiny golden glitter on my skin that I buff away with a clean brush so oily skin and large pores please beware. I especially love 27 Sun Dance on top of my 22 Sun Bronzer during the dead of winter since it helps perking up my deadly yellowish pale skin so much. Pigmentation is decent, I can easily build the intensity up or buff away and last me a good 5-6 hours on top of my powder fdtn. I definitely will repurchase when this baby runs out. On that note, 1 star for the price is good value you repurchase right?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Brendab11

This is a great bronzer, it works the best for me when i contour. The color is amazing, giving me a nice effect without over powering, the reason behind the rating of 4 is that it has somewhat of a shimmer, but its all in personal preference. Overall its a great bronzer and definitely worth the 7 dollars, im up to my second one cause i lost the first and had to repurchase this

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by hotmess

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My HG Bronzer!! I'm n my second container! The color makes my face look like the sun danced on it. I found a replacement for my expensive one:)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by BonjourMaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as an impulse buy since it was on sale. I've had it for about 2 years now and it still looks untouched. Not because I don't use it enough, but because a little goes a long way. This is NOT matte. It has shimmers on it so a light hand would be ideal. I have NC35 skin and this looks great over my blushes. I also swipe it down the bridge of my nose and sometimes on my chest to give them a glow. This is cheap and a very good buy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Chubz

This stuff will last you forever! It's cheap and has sooo much product in it. This particular shade, sun dance, has a ton of micro glitter in it and the bronzer is a little shimmery. Not too shimmery though. Half matte. Even if i tap the excess off, bits of glitter float around my face. I don't recommend wearing this in sunlight. It smells great. I've seen $22 shimmery/glittery bronzers at Victoria's secret recently and this one is highly comparable and beats VS. I suggest buying the other shades without glitter they have great reviews. Using a light hand and tapping off the excess is helpful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok I tried more expensive and higher rated bronzers, but keep coming back to this one.

I'm fairly pale so bronzers usually go muddy on me. This doesn't. One swipe over my forehead and cheekbones, down my nose and I'm done and looking healthy.

It looks sparkly in the pan, but not on my face. Looks far better than the matte bronzers from Estee Lauder or Physicians Formula.

Updating: I'm on my 5th package I think, and I experiment with other products but always come back to this. I hate the packaging, it is flimsy but seeing as I've hit pan on it so many times I'm buying it till they discontinue it.

Yes it can go on too dark if you are pale like me. I use a light hand and I apply over pressed powder or my new mineral powder foundation from Elizabeth Arden. If you apply onto a wet or sticky surface like sunscreen by itself or liquid/cream foundation it will grab the area.

Powder your foundation or sunscreen first, then apply lightly with a fat puffy powder brush, which needs tapping to get rid of excess or blow on it gently before dusting onto the face, collarbone area etc.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Looking below, I see all of the awesome reviews on this product, and unfortunately I will have to differ here. I bought this bronzer after seeing all the glowing reviews about it on YouTube and by several personal recommendations. My biggest issue that I have with this product is the color itself. It looks very orange and fake on my face, especially when my skin has not tanned much (I used this as an all-over glow type of thing). It also feels kind of grainy when I try to swatch it with a finger. This bronzer blends pretty well, though. The staying power is so-so- I can easily rub it off even if I have my most stubborn foundation underneath. It's also kind of sparkly, but it's not too much of a drawback, but sparkly bronzers aren't my thing. It also smells nice, which is a pleasant little touch. The price is good though- I only paid like $6 for it and you get a lot od product. The packaging is really crappy though- it's really cheap-looking plastic and the lid hardly closes tightly, which kinda makes me nervous when I carry it around in my bag. I really want to like this product, but I just don't feel like it's the right bronzer for me. If it works for you, then yay :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by mantharay27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I heard a lot of great things about it from people on YouTube as well as here on MakeupAlley. It was a bit of an impulse buy, though, because I usually take a closer look at the products in person before I buy, even if I've done research on the product.

Honestly, my favorite thing about the bronzer is the smell. It's not overwhelming or irritating, and you can't really smell it unless it's up close.

The packaging is one of the things that confuses me. I can't figure out how to get it to close properly because the lid is always coming off. It feels cheap and flimsy. Although the sort of embossed sun on the bronzer itself is quite nice.

I have two issues with this product.

1) It has sparkles. I wouldn't call it glitter, but it definitely sparkles and I can see it on my face. I've always been more into matte bronzers, though, so it definitely depends on your taste. I don't mind a sheen for a bit of a glow, but this is kind of like a matte bronzer with some sparkles thrown in. Maybe I just got a weird one, though, because I haven't seen a lot of complaints about this.

2) This color looks horrid on me. Again, it totally depends on the person, but this just makes me look orange and tan... even if I apply a minimal amount, my face instantly looks about 3x darker than the rest of my body. And just as a note, my face is actually lighter than the rest of my body. I'm also of medium skin tone, although in most concealers and foundations I'm light-medium. It just looks like a really bad tan job... and the orange undertones prevent it from being a contour powder, as do the sparkles.

So, overall, I'm not buying this again... these are just points that I had problems with but that other people might like in their bronzer. I'm just picky, I guess. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by daniebar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Color is build able and looks great...but... I called the company after breaking out a little bit... And come to find out that the product contains mineral oil and coconut oil. I returned for Maybeline. Too bad bc I really liked the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Lowecj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Matte Bronzer, not easy to find so this is a gem. I have tried some pricey bronzers and this stuff is fabulous. The bronze isn't that cheap looking orange, very natural color that gives me a sun glow. Looks like my bronzer for summer 2012. I dont know if it will break me out since it's new product for me but I will edit if I get some unwanted pimples.