Fyrinnae Loose Powder in Fire Opal

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love fyrinnae products in general, and fire opal is one of my favorite shades of their eye shadows. The site describes the base color as dove gray, but in my experience it was a little more brown than what I would call dove gray. It was still grayish enough for someone like me who doesn't wear much brown, though. The glowy, shimmery part to the eye shadow is exactly as described - this kind of orangey glow. I think ImCastingMagicMissiles described it as being like a campfire dying down, and that is v. accurate. I use this as shadow all over the lid with Bastet as a liner for a dramatic, smoky look, or wet as a liner by itself for daytime. Love this.

on 11/29/2007 1:46:00 PM

I wanted to like this color so MUCH! It appears muddy on my eyes and looks more gold/orange than grey most of the time. Orange sheen all over and very sheer even with UDPP.
If I wanted orange sheen that I could just buy Fire and Brimstone from theshespace.com.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is not that great. Of all the fyrinnae shdows i recently purchased, this is the one i was most excited about, and most dissappointed with. It's not at all the swatch they have on the website, at least not on me. I tried it with a base, and its kind of a muddy grey/bronze color. BAD muddy. I really wanted this to be awesome too.....i'm so disappoined.....

Interestingly, all three of the color descriptions below work. Yes, this color is that complex. It reminds me of when a campfire is dying down... lots of greyish brown ash but still a few glowing pieces benieth it all. For this reason, Fire Opal looks especially great with golds, coppers, browns, and oranges. It wears very well, like other Fyrinnae eyeshadows, and I often don't need a base, despite having oily eyelids.

This is a beautiful and unique eyeshadow. It's a shimmery grayish bronze. It looks gorgeous if you use it wet as a liner. Then it looks like a metallic bronze. It also makes a pretty lipgloss color. I will repurchase this one.

on 6/17/2007 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love Olivia's description of the color below, so I will just say '2nd!" It is simply lovely, and totally unique. I have fair, neutral skin, blonde hair and blue eyes, and it works so well with my coloring. I would love to see this on green eyes!

I want to emphasize that even though it has "red" in the description, this isn't a product to immediately run from. I say this because I usually must avoid red/pink toned e/s like the plague...I can't get near MAC Cranberry, Sketch, Trax, (or even Mulch) etc. The way it plays with the grayed down copper, it just seems to work. A sample size (which is more than generous!) is just $1.50, so it's worth a try!