Fyrinnae Loose Powder in Fire Opal

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/29/2007 1:46:00 PM

I wanted to like this color so MUCH! It appears muddy on my eyes and looks more gold/orange than grey most of the time. Orange sheen all over and very sheer even with UDPP.
If I wanted orange sheen that I could just buy Fire and Brimstone from theshespace.com.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is not that great. Of all the fyrinnae shdows i recently purchased, this is the one i was most excited about, and most dissappointed with. It's not at all the swatch they have on the website, at least not on me. I tried it with a base, and its kind of a muddy grey/bronze color. BAD muddy. I really wanted this to be awesome too.....i'm so disappoined.....

Interestingly, all three of the color descriptions below work. Yes, this color is that complex. It reminds me of when a campfire is dying down... lots of greyish brown ash but still a few glowing pieces benieth it all. For this reason, Fire Opal looks especially great with golds, coppers, browns, and oranges. It wears very well, like other Fyrinnae eyeshadows, and I often don't need a base, despite having oily eyelids.

This is a beautiful and unique eyeshadow. It's a shimmery grayish bronze. It looks gorgeous if you use it wet as a liner. Then it looks like a metallic bronze. It also makes a pretty lipgloss color. I will repurchase this one.

on 6/17/2007 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love Olivia's description of the color below, so I will just say '2nd!" It is simply lovely, and totally unique. I have fair, neutral skin, blonde hair and blue eyes, and it works so well with my coloring. I would love to see this on green eyes!

I want to emphasize that even though it has "red" in the description, this isn't a product to immediately run from. I say this because I usually must avoid red/pink toned e/s like the plague...I can't get near MAC Cranberry, Sketch, Trax, (or even Mulch) etc. The way it plays with the grayed down copper, it just seems to work. A sample size (which is more than generous!) is just $1.50, so it's worth a try!