MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 6/10/2015 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am a light-medium, olive undertoned girl. I have a VERY hard time finding foundation that matches me due to my olive undertone. Everything looks pink on me, even if it looks yellow in the bottle. I use this foundation, because its easy to apply, matches me perfect (i use C30) and has good coverage (medium to full). A few things i wish were better was i wish it was a little cheaper (around $30) and I wish it stayed on longer. I prep my skin with primer and then use a setting powder and spray, and it doesnt last as long as i would like it to (around 4-5 hours). Im fine with reapplying since it matches me perfect, however.

I wish C30 came in a liquid....NC25 is my liquid match, but its slightly pink (of course).

on 6/2/2015 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This powder is SO pigmented and finely-milled. It takes me two minutes to go from bare-faced to nearly-flawless canvas, ready to add color. I can even build it up a bit over areas of hyperpigmentation to hide it a little better. NW43 is my absolute perfect skintone match! Nice matte finish, which is appreciated by my combo-oily face. Can last up to 7-8 hours on me with midday blotting. Unfortunately, this cannot be my everyday foundation, not matter how much I want it to be, because it clogs the pores on my cheeks and forehead. So I'll wear it occasionally, but not repurchase. The search for a beautiful matte powder foundation continues.

on 6/2/2015 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So this is one of good powders in the market but it is not perfect. If you are oily and applying this by itself, it will disappear and melt like any other powders in the market. A primer cannot hold it on either, unless you use cement. Having said that, I use this over my liquid foundation and on special occasions to create a canvas for my bronzer or blush. As far as the quality goes, just like other MAC products, you need to watch out. The MAC products seem NOT to be fit for everyday use as they could clog pores and dry your skin. Overall, I think this product can be compared to drugstore products at 1/3 of the price.

on 5/28/2015 7:05:00 PM

I love this powder! I have never found a better foundation since the day I started using it, it has really good coverage. I use it everyday by itself, it lasts me all day and I only have to get a new thing of it every few months so its worth it for the price.

After years of buying crap powder from the drug store I finally decided to buy this and I love it! Makes me look like porcelain. My skin doesn't seem to react to it. My only problem with it is it doesn't seem to stay on my skin too long and needs reapplications throughout the day, but as a person relatively new to make-up maybe I'm doing something wrong or skipping a step? In the future as I learn more I'll come back and edit this maybe. Regardless, the quality is great and I love this product.

on 5/20/2015 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I really love this powder because of the coverage and finish. It didn't breakout on me. I used this with ELF studio powder brush to get an airbrushed and full coverage without feeling cakey. Since i'm living in a very humid country, i tend to get very oily and this doesn't help much on the oil control. Instead, it gives me this dewy flawless look like those korean actors.

on 5/19/2015 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of the best make up products by Mac. I don't think I have found a better foundation / powder till date. It can be used as a powder over foundation for added coverage and setting your makeup. I have used it both wet and dry, but mostly prefer it dry. The powder is quite pigmented so you don't have to put on a lot for light coverage and can avoid that cake-y feeling. It goes on really smooth and because the powder is finely milled, you don't waste a lot of product like many other powder foundations. The product is buildable, so you can use it wet for medium to full coverage with a matte look. (Wayne Goss has a great YouTube video on this). The range of shades is also impressive. I use NC43, and this one of the few products that perfectly matches my skin tone. They have this in four ranges, NC, C, NW and W, making it one of the most versatile products ever.

on 5/18/2015 4:29:00 AM

THIS IS MY HG POWDER. I love it over a foundation or to use as a foundation on its on. 110% recommend.

on 5/17/2015 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

HG powder. Flattering ivory shade, loads of pigment, and it makes me look airbrushed. This can cover freckles perfectly over top of foundation. It doesn't dry out my skin or look odd by the end of the day. I sometimes need to reapply, but never more than once a day. Perfect before contouring and blush too, because it makes my face so smooth. It can cover up anything too, without irritating.

on 4/24/2015 9:47:00 AM

I got mine at MAC store in shade NC40, my tan is in . In winter I'm in shade NC35. I used this to set my foundation. This powder cost $27 before tax which is cheap compared to other brands. I used this product before. This is my 3rd compacts. Didn't break me out no bad reaction to this product. I think some thing different to this 3rd compact the powder cake look so much lighter(white) for the color that I bought 2 compact before this. Maybe they reformulate this powder. Good powder.