December 21, 2014 | 1620 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Summer is coming around in Melbourne and I really wanted a powder foundation. I'd been using MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium last summer, but wanted more coverage. The last two compact foundations I tried were by Chanel and Shiseido - good in their own way, but not perfect. Studio Fix is well beloved by MAC fans, so I decided to give it a try. I'm Asian with fair skin and a cool undertone. I was matched by two different MUAs under different lighting to C3 - it's not an exact match but it's very close and does add a little much needed warmth to my face. I buff it on with my ELF studio powder brush and it blends in beautifully, although I do need to work it into my skin to avoid caking. Worn on it's own it provides light coverage. Worn over foundation, you can achieve almost full coverage which stays "makeup fresh" all day. And yet my face never feels dry or powdery, but very touchable like there's nothing at all. Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by cali5991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. If youíre looking for a product that does the job FAST and EFFICIENTLY for CHEAP, this is for you. I bought the product for about $35 CAN at MAC. It sounds expensive, but keep in mind that this is a 2-in-1 product that will save you money. Itís a powder foundation, which coverage that ranges for moderate to full. For a moderate coverage, you can apply the product with a brush but for a full coverage, you can use the sponge that is provided or opt for your own sponge. The thing that I love about MACís Powder Plus Foundation is that it is so versatile.

First, Iíll talk about my use of the product. I start by preparing my face. This includes cleansing, toning and moisturizing. It is important to exfoliate 1-2 a week because this will remove any dry, flaky patches from your complexion that can rid the splotches that a lot of users of this product complains about. Then, I make sure to use a primer on my face. I like to use Benefitís PoreFESSIONAL because it fills any imperfections, such as lines or pores on my face. This will ensure a SMOOTH application. If I want a full coverage, I will use a BB cream or a liquid foundation, then I will conceal before using MACís Powder Plus Foundation with a sponge. As a bonus, this is SPF-free, so it works well for photography. This routine is ideal for any occasion, in which you will want to have a full coverage. Otherwise, for casual use, you can omit the BB cream or liquid foundation. You can conceal any imperfections, such as blemishes and then, apply the product with a sponge or brush. The latter method is the one that I use on a daily basis. This is exactly how the product is versatile because you can use it to suit the type of coverage that you are looking for.

This is a fast method to applying a base. I can apply a flawless base in under five minutes. This is lovely for the days that you have school or work. This is an efficient product because I suffer from hyperpigmentation (discoloration) and I can use this product to cover whatever I want to hide.

If you want a product that is fast, efficient and cheap for a 2-in-1, try MACís Powder Plus Foundation! I hope that you all love it as much as I do. This is my HG foundation that I recommend for everyone!

Note: Iím an NC45 with a combination skin type. As mentioned, I suffer from hyperpigmentation caused by acne. If you're concerned about the hygiene with the sponge, wash it frequently!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by KayandRich1204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very happy with my new MAC powder! I matched my color perfectly. I like that this powder feels really light on my face, and it seems to stay put. I have had trouble with powders "caking" up on my face, and if it is hot outside, my powder would have issues. With this powder, I have not had those problems a all. I wish it did last a little longer, but I haven;t found any powder that literally lasts all day. But I have added this to my new collections of favs!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by SummerGlow

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've never used a foundation so soothing to my skin and it covers everything.There's a secret to making it work for you with these tips. For a Matte look. Let your moisturizer sink in and it should be a light moisturizer. Use the sponge for full coverage. I find the sponge that comes with the compact to be perfect. If you want less matte and a less powdery look, just spray your face with water or a facial spray. For a dewy look, put on a richer moisturizer, less soak in and use the sponge the same way and spray more water or a moisturizing facial spray. It doesn't matter how thick and powdery the makeup looks because after you spray your face, it will look flawless. The trick is to use the sponge it comes with. I've used this technique for years and it's flawless. (and my skin is far from flawless). After I spray my face I can't even see my wrinkles under my eyes and I can't see the makeup at all but it covers like a dream.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by hy1ian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

SKIN BACKGROUND: normal/dry, acne prone, mild to severe acne marks and scars, dominant yellow-olive undertones.
COVERAGE: full
FINISH: matte
TEXTURE: definitely very smooth - I have dry, weirdly textured skin and this powder just glides right on top of it without looking cakey.
LASTING POWER: I rarely use this on its own, but when used as a setting powder, I can get about 2-3 more hours out of the foundation I'm using under it.
SHADES: Iím NC20 in the Studio Fix Fluid, but the powder is definitely lighter than the liquid so I got NC30, but it's somewhat beige-y.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: not at all!
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: yes! - it's become my favorite powder.
FINAL VERDICT: This is definitely my HG powder foundation. I use this under mousse foundations and as a setting powder but it's also my go-to foundation when I'm in a rush. I got mine for around $32, and I would say it's worth the price considering how long I've had it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by MaoIjaz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My, oh my! This product is a GEM for those of us in a pinch. I'm just a student, but I'm always running off to something or the other. Whether it's a meeting for my student-run NGO, whether it's a debate competition, an MUN, a student council meeting, THIS baby right here is always there for me. I carry this around with me. When I have to be somewhere, I only get a moment's notice. And when I'm looking ruddy (which is like, always), I whip this out. I need about five minutes and five things to do my entire face. A kabuki, this powder, the Rimmel Brow pencil in Black Brown, MUFE Full Cover Concealer, and the Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain. However, out of these five products, it's this MAC powder I absolutely CAN'T skip. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff.

COLOUR: NC43. It's spot on.

COVERAGE: The coverage is buildable to full, but I only build it to medium-ish coverage.

FINISH: At medium coverage, this powder looks EXTREMELY natural. I don't know what it would look when it's built to full, but a few spritzes of rose water on top would totally take away that powdery-vibe to it. The finish is actually demi-matte for me. My skin looks ABSOLUTELY real somehow.

LASTING POWER: 12 hours for me.

BLENDING: A breeze. Melts into your skin as long as you use a kabuki brush.

APPLICATION METHOD: I feel like the fact that I blend like a crazy person with a giant kabuki brush till I'm running late helps this to look way more natural than it should. I mean, let's be honest here. No foundation really looks like skin. And to a trained eye, no way. But looking in my magnifying mirror and seeing it blend perfectly into my skin, with no streaks, and no texture was absolutely brilliant! This foundation mimics my skin. Totally. It looks transparent and flawless. BOO-YEAH!
Tip: Use that nasty sponge they give you for your neck. Not your face for Pete's sake.

MY SKIN TYPE: I have dry skin, which I moisturize heavily each morning and night. Flakes are not a problem for me. I also have hyperpigmentation, which is easily covered using the concealer and the powder in conjunction.

WHO SHOULD USE THIS: People who have oily skin should buy this. If you're not diligent about moisturizing, dry skinned girls, NO! If you have mature skin, NO! If you have skin problems, HECK YES! I've never seen a powder provide this kind of coverage.

VERDICT: This stuff is slightly expensive. I know. But it works. It works especially if you need to carry around your make up a lot and have bad skin. This powder is beautiful. Go get it, what're you waiting for?

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by amitayumi

its my day foundation. .i have dry skin..just apply it thinly on my face and it stay more than 8 hours..and barely touch up ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by amandarud08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Been wearing mac since I was 15, Im now 22 (forever) jk..im 28. :(

I love MAC products. I recently changed foundations from MAC to see what else is out there and I want to venture out and see what type of poweder there is as well. I love full coverage so I do the whole Foundation concealer, and powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by sveltemakeup

I got this in shade, NC42. When worn alone, this powder is low coverage. Although, it claims to be full coverage. I used this powder over my liquid foundation for more coverage and to set my foundation. It feels a bit heavy and dry on my skin. After half-and-hour, it sets and looks smooth. When I wore it at nighttime, it looked a bit dewy and reflective. Although, you get a lot of product, this powder is not worth the price. I was expecting it to be med-full coverage. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Sueleen

When I first wore this, I had to take it right off because it felt way too cakey on my skin but after I gave it another try, I realised it was just the new foundation I was trying out. This is such an amazing powder and gives light to medium coverage. I use it on top of my foundation or concealer when I'm having a bad skin day as it's in my skin colour. Overall, it's a great product! Really does control the shine on my face.