February 1, 2015 | 1972 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by danamarie11740

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was tempted to purchase this foundation after I had gone to a pool party at a family member's house. I was looking for a foundation that wouldn't melt off my face the second I hit the water. I read the reviews on here and said to myself, "Self, what harm could it do to buy it? If you don't like it, return it!" So, I went to my local Sephora last week and purchased the shade Ivory 20 (for reference, I was color matched as NW20 at MAC with pink undertones all over my cheeks, but I have beige-y/yellow casts in my neck, which would put me at NC20, so I chose a more appropriate color to blend). The price is a bit more than I wanted to spend, but I feel that you get what you pay for most of the time, and again, don't like it, return it. I figured I would give it a full week before I went and reviewed it. This stuff is truly amazing. I love the packaging! it has a pump, which is always nice; however, be careful when pumping as this is a VERY liquid-y foundation. You must shake it before you pump. The way I apply this is starting off with a primer (I am OILY!) and then apply it with my beauty blender or fingers if I'm in a rush. I let that set, then apply a second layer to ensure that the pink tones on my cheeks are covered. This foundation lasts all day on my oily, oily, oily skin. There is a scent to it, but I personally don't find it offensive. If you are interested in a waterproof foundation, and are willing to spend the $40, I would definitely purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by chris100401

I love this foundation, especially in summer. It feel light on and last a long time when paired with primer. It has a nice satin finish. I layer it depending on how my skin is and the weather. Usually 2 layers gives nice coverage without being cakey. It doesn't clog my pores. I've also have occasional break outs on my back and have used this to cover it up, you just have to set and blot it. It is a bit runny and you have to shake it well, but it blends well. I wear Sand, I'm NC25. The shades are a bit limited, but if you have a match it is worth the steep price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by JillHamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This very interestingly textured foundation is just what I've been looking for. It is very gelatinous and watery. There is very little slip to it, so the velvety silicone feel that most other foundations have is missing. However, it does go on well and very even, no patches or streaks and does not cling to dry areas. Pores virtually disappear and STAY THAT WAY! It is buildable to medium coverage and the staying power is pretty impressive. I put 2 light layers on and then cover with another light layer of Dermablend INTENSE camo powder (which is actually another foundation). No breakouts or clogged pores so far. Very impressed with this foundation and will def buy again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Mikeswife

This is my first foray into a regular-use foundation. I am overall very happy with this choice.

Price: I took one lippie off for the price, because at $45, it's a lot more expensive than the MAC version ($27 for double the quantity). While comparable, however, I am not so sure the two are the same.

Package: I think I read somewhere that this didn't always come with a pump (if the picture above is accurate). The bottle I received had one at no extra charge; it's easy to dispense. I don't mind the glass packaging either.

Product: As my first sentence states, this is the first foundation I have ever purchased with the intent to use it every day. I spent a good number of years using BB's tinted moisturizer, but as I got older (sigh), I started to feel that the amount of coverage provided by that product was just a hair short of complete. I have long been averse to foundations--I feel that overall they are too heavy, cakey, unnatural--give me a negative adjective about them and I've thought it--but finally came to the realization that I needed to at least try.

I did extensive research (we're talking days!) on products and found Temptalia's matrix extraordinarily helpful in narrowing down what I was trying to find--something with sheer / light coverage, and a natural / luminous finish. I started with NARS Sheer Glow--nope. Next up were samples of MAC F&B first, tried that for a few days, liked it, but kept stumbling upon online reviews and endorsements of this product over MAC, and felt like I needed to give it a shot.

I was using N1 / N2 in MAC and picked up shade 20 in this, which, first out of the bottle, looked far too dark. It also has a gel-like consistency, so it's not unusual to pump some out and end up with a glob in the middle of the liquid. This also has a light floral scent compared to MAC, which doesn't bother me too much. (Apparently, I am only intensely picky about scents in moisturizers).

What this had that MAC seemed to fall a bit short on was the luminous, natural finish I was after. Don't get me wrong--if price is an issue, in terms of coverage, color line, packaging, ease of application, natural look--MAC F&B is just about even with this and a fantastic value/product, one I wouldn't hesitate to pick up. But I can honestly say that this is the first time I've ever used a foundation in my life and haven't immediately wanted to scrub it off my face for looking like a mask. It evens out my skin with *just* enough coverage so that I can tell I have something on, but everyone else thinks I look like me, but better. It doesn't cling to problem areas (moisturizing and exfoliating products have helped a lot with that as well), I get exactly enough out of one pump (so no waste) and I really feel it finishes to the best version of my skin. Overall, I'm really happy with this and will certainly buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by dani2323

This is my all time favourite foundation. I like to layer my make up and this foundation is perfect for that. It doesn't look cakey when I layer it, it gives a really nice sheer finish with great coverage. This foundation is perfect for my skin type which is normal to combination. I highly suggest this foundation!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I debated between giving this foundation 2 and 3 stars. I have had it for a long time, longer than the recommended 2 years for foundations. My skintone was no darker back then, but I was worse at selecting the proper shade, so I bought Ivory 20, which is supposed to be for light skin with beige undertones. I wouldn't purchase this foundation again, but I think Porcelain 38 would have been a better match for me. However, that is not why I gave it 2 stars, because that was my fault. The coverage is decent, and I like the fact that it can be used on the body. However, the fragrance is strong and repulsive. It fades to some extent, but the main reason I don't like this foundation is that even after shaking vigorously 20 times, when I squirt a pump onto my hand, it comes out with little gelatinous pieces dispersed throughout the liquid. Disgusting, messy, and it makes it difficult and unpleasant to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by IreneIss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this product on a whim, hoping to use it for the summer as I don't like using foundation during the summer months. I was warned that this product was runny and it certainly was! The weird part was that it was runny and it congeals at the same time. It goes on fairly well, but covers nothing, so if you're looking to hide any flaws this is not the product for you. It initially left me with a dewy glow, but that disappeared fairly quickly and by the end of the day it looked like I was wearing nothing at all. It also has an old lady smell, which MUFE should consider getting rid of. I'm a big fan of MUFE products, but I do not recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If you are a fan of tinted moisturiser then you are bound to like this foundation a lot. I don't use tinted moisturiser but love using F&B. This is the only foundation I have like this, the consistency is very thin and runny and almost slightly gel like, comes in a nice hygenic glass bottle with a pump included, I found 2 - 3 pumps of this more than adequate to cover my face and build a little more coverage where needed. This is a light - medium coverage at most, I think but it's still nice to see skin through and feels so good on.

After a bit of experimentation I found for me this did not last the distance applied with a damp BB and had a much better finish and lasted longer with a flat top brush. With a light powdering over top this gives hours or wear and looks like natural healthy skin.

I'm NC15 and went for the lightest shade #20 (Ivory) (swatch above). It looks darker than any other foundation I own in the bottle, but when applied blends beautifully and is a good colour match. I have had this foundation for 9 months but do alternate my foundations quite a bit - F&B seems good for both summer and winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Had the SA test this product in the store at my request and it looked beautiful. I thought I had finally found something light, sheer and water based that would provide just enough coverage for everyday.

I rushed home to do the rest of my face and what a disaster. The product is very very watery. Very messy. I used the exact same foundation brush the artist used and quickly applied the foundation before it slipped off my hand- it was orange. BRIGHT orange and I could not get it to cover anything- It was like I added an orange tinge to my face. Horrible.

Taking it back today and sticking with my HD

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by jikl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I finished a bottle of this a couple of months ago (but haven't repurchased), and here are my thoughts:

* The thing I loved most about this is that it was so easy to apply. I've never been able to just "rub-in" a foundation without it catching to my skin and somehow creating flakes and just looking bad. This you can rub in, and it settles to look just like skin. It's not a lot of coverage, but just like a veil to blur imperfections. It's also very buildable, so I could easily add more where I needed it.

* It smelled very strong, and not in a nice way.

* It was by far the most expensive foundation I've ever used in terms of cost-per-wear. I went through the bottle faster than any other foundation I've ever bought. I guess part of that is because I would often require 2 layers to cover redness, but also because it just didn't last on my skin. I used it more like a tinted moisteriser, for when I quickly needed coverage to pop out and meet someone/do something.

* it didn't last on my skin. I couldn't, for example, put this on in the morning and go to work, or go anywhere for more than 2 hours and expect it to still be intact. So although it gives a nice, natural, maintenance free look, it really wasn't. I would be paranoid it would have turned gooey and sticky. I tried several techniques and combinations with different moisterisers, different application timing, different powder, but it still would rub off after a few hours.

* They have a great shade selection. This was one of the main reasons I tried it in the first place. I'm very pale and it's hard to find a foundation that's light enough without being too yellow or too pink. I got this in the lightest shade with a yellow undertone, and it was a perfect match.

* I haven't repurchased and I probably won't. I have rosacea, and my skin always needs evening out so I liked it as a solution for me to get coverage to get out of the house quickly, but it didn't last long enough on my skin, or in the bottle (I went through it in about 2-3 months, and it wasn't the only foundation I was using at the time. A normal sized bottle of foundation lasts me about 6 months). Since it ran out I've been using Bare Minerals in it's place, and I'm finding it a better match for my skintype (although the colour isn't as good a match).