October 25, 2014 | 1526 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If you are a fan of tinted moisturiser then you are bound to like this foundation a lot. I don't use tinted moisturiser but love using F&B. This is the only foundation I have like this, the consistency is very thin and runny and almost slightly gel like, comes in a nice hygenic glass bottle with a pump included, I found 2 - 3 pumps of this more than adequate to cover my face and build a little more coverage where needed. This is a light - medium coverage at most, I think but it's still nice to see skin through and feels so good on.

After a bit of experimentation I found for me this did not last the distance applied with a damp BB and had a much better finish and lasted longer with a flat top brush. With a light powdering over top this gives hours or wear and looks like natural healthy skin.

I'm NC15 and went for the lightest shade #20 (Ivory) (swatch above). It looks darker than any other foundation I own in the bottle, but when applied blends beautifully and is a good colour match. I have had this foundation for 9 months but do alternate my foundations quite a bit - F&B seems good for both summer and winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Had the SA test this product in the store at my request and it looked beautiful. I thought I had finally found something light, sheer and water based that would provide just enough coverage for everyday.

I rushed home to do the rest of my face and what a disaster. The product is very very watery. Very messy. I used the exact same foundation brush the artist used and quickly applied the foundation before it slipped off my hand- it was orange. BRIGHT orange and I could not get it to cover anything- It was like I added an orange tinge to my face. Horrible.

Taking it back today and sticking with my HD

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by jikl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I finished a bottle of this a couple of months ago (but haven't repurchased), and here are my thoughts:

* The thing I loved most about this is that it was so easy to apply. I've never been able to just "rub-in" a foundation without it catching to my skin and somehow creating flakes and just looking bad. This you can rub in, and it settles to look just like skin. It's not a lot of coverage, but just like a veil to blur imperfections. It's also very buildable, so I could easily add more where I needed it.

* It smelled very strong, and not in a nice way.

* It was by far the most expensive foundation I've ever used in terms of cost-per-wear. I went through the bottle faster than any other foundation I've ever bought. I guess part of that is because I would often require 2 layers to cover redness, but also because it just didn't last on my skin. I used it more like a tinted moisteriser, for when I quickly needed coverage to pop out and meet someone/do something.

* it didn't last on my skin. I couldn't, for example, put this on in the morning and go to work, or go anywhere for more than 2 hours and expect it to still be intact. So although it gives a nice, natural, maintenance free look, it really wasn't. I would be paranoid it would have turned gooey and sticky. I tried several techniques and combinations with different moisterisers, different application timing, different powder, but it still would rub off after a few hours.

* They have a great shade selection. This was one of the main reasons I tried it in the first place. I'm very pale and it's hard to find a foundation that's light enough without being too yellow or too pink. I got this in the lightest shade with a yellow undertone, and it was a perfect match.

* I haven't repurchased and I probably won't. I have rosacea, and my skin always needs evening out so I liked it as a solution for me to get coverage to get out of the house quickly, but it didn't last long enough on my skin, or in the bottle (I went through it in about 2-3 months, and it wasn't the only foundation I was using at the time. A normal sized bottle of foundation lasts me about 6 months). Since it ran out I've been using Bare Minerals in it's place, and I'm finding it a better match for my skintype (although the colour isn't as good a match).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by mariselayoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff, I really do. I live in Texas, where half the year it's over 100 degrees, so this is a summer essential. It lasts through all the sweat and tears and feels wonderfully light on the skin. I often go to the gym after work, and as horrified as you may be by the picture of me running the treadmill with a full face of makeup on, I definitely do not look like a melted version of myself afterwards.

The product comes out super watery and thin, so as you would expect, the coverage is quite light. What surprised me, however, is how buildable this stuff is. I say this in almost every review as a sort of disclaimer, but I have some slight hyper-pigmentation going on from acne scarring (it's fading very nicely with rosehip seed oil btw!) and I can almost build this wonderful stuff up to a near flawless finish without it looking cake-y. In fact, it is positively skin-like! This finish is quite dewy, but it settles down to something more satin-y after an hour or so. I would definitely set your T-Zone with a powder if you are oily like me, though.

Finding the right color was very difficult for me, so I would definitely suggest getting shade-matched by a person at Sephora. I wish they would use a less confusing numbering system, for God's sake! Also, it tends to oxidize a bit on my skin, so if you have a neutral undertone, don't lean towards anything too pink or else it will end up looking wonky.

This is definitely in my top 3 foundations of all time and is always so damn reliable.

If you are looking for a less expensive dupe, I would direct you to the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. Different consistency but an extremely similar finish.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried MUFE F & B after I fell in love w/ MAC F & B but couldn't continue using MAC because it caused my skin to break out. Comparing the 2 products, I like MUFE better because I find it less greasy and tacky-feeling than MAC, it doesn't settle into my pores & it doesn't break me out but I do think that MAC F & B offers better coverage. Just to clarify, I am aware that these products offer minimal coverage to begin w/ -that's what I love about them- but I needed less of the MAC than of the MUFE to achieve the same, minimal coverage. Other 2 noticeable differences, which are neither good nor bad, just worth mentioning...1) MAC's finish is more dewy & "glowy" than MUFE's 2) MUFE F & B has more of a noticeable, floral fragrance.

I am an NC20-25 (MAC F & B C2) & best match for me in MUFE F & B is #20. I also tried #32 & it's a pretty good match but it's more peachy, where as #20 is more yellow/neutral. I advise getting color-matched by a Sephora associate- I was convinced that I was #32 & would have never even tried #20 if not for the sales associates' recommendation.

All in all, MUFE F & B is an excellent sheer coverage foundation and for me, it's a good replacement for MAC F & B. If you're in the market for one of these super-sheer foundation formulations & MAC's face products don't irritate your skin than I honestly think that MAC F & B is a better choice because it offers better coverage & these products are not cheap. A 3rd, and possibly, the best alternative out there is Shiseido's Sheer & Perfect (I'm an O20 in Shi S & P) which unfortunately caused my skin to become very dry & itchy (probably all the fragrance in it) but I think it's even better than MUFE &/or MAC F & B but that's another review...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by dbabiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

AT first I was excited for this it was looking amazing like 2nd skin, it gave me a nice glow didn't cling to my dry spots but now that I've worn it more I noticed it settle into my forhead lines and my under eye lines and around my mouth! ITS A HORRIBLE LOOK its going back to the store

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by LatinFairness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of MAC Face and Body. So, when I read MUFE's version to be similar, I had to try out a sample for myself. I researched online and narrowed my match down to 2 shades: #32 Alabaster Beige and #34 Honey Beige. I have an olive skin tone and am between a MAC NC30-35. I went with #34 since swatches of it seemed pretty similar to my MAC Face and Body C3 shade. In fact, I was really hoping it would be an even better match for my skin tone than the C3 since it is almost a shade too light on me and I usually end up mixing it with a drop of C4 to darken the color somewhat. Upon getting home with my sample, I squeezed a very minimal amount of the foundation on the back of my hand and began applying to my face. The foundation blended VERY well into my skin tone. It is possibly the easiest foundation I've ever worn in terms of application. The color match was nice, although a bit too dark (it was the shade of my skin if I had gotten a natural-looking tan), and my skin seemed very glowy and healthy. I walked around for a bit, admiring the dewiness of my skin in my reflection and thought I had found my HG foundation. I was pretty excited. Not even thirty minutes later, I decided to check my foundation in the mirror and I was now at least 2 shades darker than my chest and neck. The foundation also appeared to be "melting" off. It made my skin look very oily, which is typically not a problem I have with most foundations. Had I found a perfect match in this foundation, I would not consider purchasing since it oxidizes so fast, it ruins that initial dewy, nice-looking finish. I still prefer MAC Face and Body since the color match is near perfect, it doesn't oxidize nor result in extremely shiny skin, and the semi-matte, glowy finish stays put. I found the only positive to MUFE's Face and Body to be the coverage. I didn't have to layer on much, and it covered all of my flaws. Nonetheless, the cons outweigh the pros.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Kdale27

This is by far my favorite facial concealer! I have already repurchased twice! The product is thick, but easily bendable.Though many full coverage concealers leave my skin oily and with breakouts immediately after it's rinsed off, this didn't make my skin freak out or like an oil slick. My pores are instantly erased and my few acne scars are completely covered. The product does last all day for me, without creasing. And, yes, I plan to repurchase, yet again, when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by scarlett10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Looks like skin
Buildable
No breakouts

Cons:
In a glass jar so those traveling or those who are clumsy might want to put this somewhere safe
Has a rosy scent that might bother some
Price

I was introduced to this foundation by a Sephora SA who had it on and I actually asked her what she was wearing and she showed me this. At first, she matched me to shade 32 (described as light skin with yellow undertone), but I already knew as soon as she grabbed it that it was going to be too light. I'm somewhere between NC30-NC35, perhaps an NC32. When I was looking at shade 34 (described as medium skin with beige undertones) it looked extremely dark and a little too brown/ red. However, when I tried it on, it was decent enough to wear it, but I could still see the slight undertones of it.

This is an extremely sheer foundation, considering it's 80% water. So it is buildable and the shades are slightly forgiving, as long as you have the right undertone. I've applied this with a flat top brush, my fingers, a sponge, and just a regular paddle foundation brush and it seems that any application will do just fine. The texture is like jelly in the bottle, but when you apply it, it feels like water because it is just so light. I have some redness and acne scars and it covered my redness with two layers and it didn't cover my acne scars, just blurred it and I didn't expect it to. It looked completely natural and that's all I wanted!

It lasts a surprisingly good while for me, more than 6 hours until I started getting oily and since I live in Southern California where winter apparently doesn't exist, my skin is more oily than usual so I was impressed. (It might have something to do with the Smashbox's Photofinish Anti-Shine though!) I don't know how long this will last me because even though it is 1.69 ounces, I'm using more than usual because it's sheer.

I have two gripes with this foundation. First of all, I really wish they made a medium shade with yellow undertones because even though I could get away with shade 34, it isn't a perfect match. The other gripe is that it is $40! I know, I know, they give you 1.69 ounces, big whoop. It's 80% water and I'm paying $40 for it? I just think the price is a little steep when you take that into consideration.

Overall, I love this foundation except for the price and shade. I said 'yes' to buying it again because it's the only natural-looking foundation I've come across. I've read reviews on the Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation and the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation, so I'm going to try and see if those will replace this one!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by tracymarcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love the formulation of this product but wish there was a better color range!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No