Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 2/16/2015 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This winter I have been looking for the perfect foundation for my very dry skin. I tried a bunch of different foundations that were all supposed to be good for dry skin but they always ended up enhancing my dry patches and looking cakey. I am so happy i have found this foundation. It is perfect for my dry skin. What I love about it is that it looks like skin and it doesn't look like i caked on a lot of makeup. It is a light coverage but it is buildable and dries very quickly, the only problem is that all their shades seem very dark. I got one of the lightest colors, ivory 20 but it is too dark, more for medium skin tones. However it still seems to blend with my skin tone because of it's light coverage. I would like to try the porcelain 38 but i can't find it in stock anywhere.

on 2/9/2015 12:22:00 PM

MY STORY: I just picked up this foundation a few days ago after reading reviews about how light and "just like real skin" it is and also that it's waterproof (since I wanted something for a beachy vacation where humidity is crazy, even at night). The SA at Sephora used their computer matching thingie to find me a foundation match and she picked out #20 in Ivory. She applied some to my face and I thought it looked pretty darn good! I bought the bottle along with the Sephora #55 brush and some Shiseido sunscreen and was happily on my way. The next day, I tried the foundation. Holy tanned face! The color was so dark compared to my neck and chest! I had to wear a scarf when I went out bc I was rather embarrassed about it, lol. I jumped in my car and went back to Sephora to get a lighter sample. They did not have #38 so I ended up choosing #2 and got a generous sample to bring home. #2 is very pink but it's a tiny bit lighter than #20, so I mixed them and it's perfect! I mixed them about 3:1 (3 parts #20). I really wish they had a better color match for me without mixing but this will work for now.

HOW I USE IT: As others have said, you can get light to medium coverage and it doesn't look heavy or caked on if you do 2 layers (I didn't try 3). I use about 4 pumps of the bottle for my whole face (and add the #2 for a good color match). I do two layers on certain areas that need more coverage. I smear/rub it on, patting my skin a bit. It stays wet for quite some time so once it starts to dry down a bit, I use the #55 brush to lightly buff it in for a nice airbrush effect. It does leave a somewhat dewy finish, which I like, but I prefer to wear my MAC MSF in medium over top of it, which also adds a bit of coverage.

OVERALL: I think this has to be my favorite foundation. It doesn't really feel like foundation because it's so light. And it doesn't look like foundation, it looks like skin. Others have complained about the smell but I actually like it. I have combo skin with an oily T-zone and I find this is moisturizing where it needs to be and non-slipping in the oily areas. It doesn't settle into fine lines or accentuate breakouts but I definitely need a concealer for covering darker spots. I wish they had more (lighter) color choices, maybe even matched to the MUFE Full Cover concealer, which I love. I use #5 in the concealer, which would be too light all over my face but it works to highlight the inner corners of my eyes and cover pimples. So, I gave this only 4 lippies because of the poor color choices for lighter skin tones. I really hope this foundation works for me on my vacation. I'll come back to give an update in March!

on 1/19/2015 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I just came across a review I wrote on this foundation back in 2010...it's hard to believe it's been 5 years of head-over-heels love. There is just nothing, NOTHING, else like this foundation. I want to update this review, plus add parts of my original review, because I want others to know about this incredible makeup. It could be just what you're looking for if you want "skin-like" and "incredibly long-wearing". It's just beautiful and exceptional.

Parts of original review from 2010:

Completely outstanding, in every way. The only negative about this foundation is that it took me so long to try it. I'm not getting any younger, and my combination/oily skin, which is oily in hot weather, is "normal" with occasional dryness during cool weather.On my skin, I've never felt any other makeup with a texture like MUFE Face & Body Liquid foundation. It's so light, it seems to disappear into my skin immediately, and I was surprised at how different it felt from the "cream" I'd expected it to feel like. It seemed to vanish, but when I compared the back of my right hand to my left, which happened to be dry and chapped, I realized Face & Body is in a class by itself. Used daily on my face and neck, it provides excellent performance for evening-out my skin tone, smoothing fine lines, and covering my pores. Its lasting power is remarkable - truly morning to night, and it does not get dry, cakey, or melt. Shade #34, is a perfect match for my skin (at this time of year), and it's shocking just how much this foundation looks like actual skin; not like makeup covering skin. It feels absolutely refreshing. , I have a hard time finding foundation color matches for my olive skin (Mac NC 35-37, C4 range). Many foundations seem to develop grey undertones on my skin, which looks terrible, or they seem to be a good match, but they're too light when applied over my whole face. MUFE Face & Body #34 keeps the "warmth" in my coloring, and it adds a flattering softness. My face matches the rest of me. This dried to a light powder finish. This foundation works well over sunscreens, and it's beautiful over primer, or just bare skin. I want to "mute" my pores, and this does just that. Face & Body's finish is almost matte, but it's too soft for me to think of it as mattifying. It doesn't streak, or crack around my eyes in the least. I spend days by the pool wearing this, swimming and sitting in the sun, and I still have "flawless" skin at the end of the day. I've read a few reviews that say this foundation "separates" but mine hasn't ever done this. Maybe it depends on the color? Climate? I am so, so happy with this foundation, and I'm sure it's, by far, the finest liquid foundation I've found.

on 1/9/2015 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loved the way this made my skin look and the wear was fantastic! However, the two times I've worn it my cheek/temples have broken out. Last night I removed it with DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and could literally feel all the clogs coming out. There were tons of them. I haven't felt clogs like that in a very long time, the foundation was the only change. :( It's too bad, I absolutely loved the finish and how natural it looked!

on 12/30/2014 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have dry sensitive acne prone with normal to oily t-zone.

Pros:
-The MY SKIN BUT BETTER foundation (looks like you have no foundation on)
-Lightweight
-Sheer to Medium coverage (Buildable)
-Everyday foundation worthy
-Shade 32 matches me best but is still a bit peachy
-Quite hydrating and does not accentuate dry skin at all
-Wears for a good 6+ hours
-Dewy/Natural finish

Cons:
-Smells funny...
-Lack of shades
-Definitely will need a concealer to cover blemishes

For reference - NC 25-30/ Diorskin Star 021 Linen/ MUFE HD 118/ YSL TE BD50/ Chanel Vitalumiere in 010 Limpide/Dolce and Gabbana Perfect Reveal Lift in 120/ Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum 53

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

this is absolutely skin! But it's sheer coverage so my acne scars can be seen but I put my concealer on them so no problemo! I love how dewy my skin looks after putting this miracle foundation on :)

on 12/11/2014 6:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It's not perfect, but i could still give it 10 lippies if i could.

Why? It's because this foundation looks JUST. LIKE. SKIN. All foundations claim to give flawless skin texture but this one actually does what it promises. I cannot "see" this foundation on my face, even on a sunny day with a magnifying mirror. It doesn't make dry & flaking parts of my face visible. I'm on retinol treatment right now so foundations seem to get under flaking areas but not this one. Even after i apply a ton of powder, i still cannot see that cake face. It also wears off beautifully and not patchy.

I also love the pump applicator and the amount of product in one bottle.

Now, the downsides...

First off, color selection is a bit awry. The lightest shade which is 20 Ivory is not that light nor is it truly "ivory"; it has some golden beige look to it and makes my face look a bit tanned. I purchased no 38 because it seemed lighter, but it lives up to its name being "pink porcelain" so it's a pink based very light beige. I needed a yellow-based light beige but no, there are no true yellow based colors in the selection.

This product is very liquid in consistency. It feels like rubbing water on your face & it feels wet for a minute or two. I rub it in with my fingers until it becomes tacky and then i pat my face to set the texture. It also gives a dewy finish (not satin, mind you!) and you might need to blot oily areas after a few hours.

Although it's sheer, you can apply two layers without looking cakey and get a medium coverage.

I'm not a fan of its smell too. It's a heavy, old-lady kind of smell that thankfully disappears after a few minutes. But those who are sensitive might want to steer clear because of this.

This also needs a good shake before use. It gets clumpy very easily. Also, when you first purchase a bottle, make sure you shake it for a few minutes, all this time it was sitting in the drawer not moving an inch.

Despite all the downsides to it, it became my HG foundation instantly because of the finish it gives. I heard people say "glad you're finally letting your skin breathe!" "Are you wearing makeup? your skin looks good!"

on 11/19/2014 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My new HG foundation. I have normal/dry skin with very slight redness on my cheeks, and my pores tend to look huge under foundation, causing everything to look cakey. Normally I'll go for a medium-full coverage foundation just to cover the small area of redness so I don't have to "layer" because layering always ends up looking cakey/emphasizing my pores. Sheer coverage foundations have never given me enough coverage on my cheeks, and when I layer.. you guessed it. Cake face.

I decided to try this foundation on a whim after hearing that it is really great for NOT emphasizing pores, giving natural buildable coverage and making the skin look radiant. I was skeptical at first... I was almost certain it wasn't going to give enough coverage or that layering it would result in the dreaded pore-filled cake face - but it was the Sephora VIB sale so why not give it a try.

I decided to use a water-based primer to accompany this foundation - as the foundation is water based. I applied a decent amount to my face and blended with my fingers. It sets pretty quick so you have to blend fast. It gave me enough coverage on the other areas of my face instantly. I decided to try layering on my cheeks for some extra coverage - and POOF! Perfect... buildable coverage and NO PORES!! The finish was beautiful and radiant... not quite dewy but not matte either. Just natural skin. Its SO nice to have a foundation that has buildable coverage that DOESNT cake. I don't need coverage everywhere on my face... just on my cheeks. The foundation lasted ALL day and didn't budge at all. No oil, dryness, fading or smudging. I just use concealer under my eyes and around my nose and everything looks flawless - poreless. I am so happy that I don't have to spend $65 on a small bottle of Guerlain Lingerie De Peau anymore.

I definitely recommend this foundation for the other ladies out there struggling with pores, redness or their foundation not lasting all day. Also amazing for those girls out there with pretty good skin who just need a boost of radiance or to even out skin-tone. DON'T use with a silicone based primer though, it won't work as well with this water-based foundation.

on 11/17/2014 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this foundation from hearing great things about it with oily skin and that it is water resistant.

I have VERY oily skin and have been using powder foundations for the longest time. I wanted a little bit more coverage, so I decided to try MUFE Face & Body.

The foundation never seems to set on its own (feels tacky) so it's a MUST to set with powder. After using my MAC prep + prime powder, I will stay matte for maybe 1 hour if i'm lucky.

Overall, it'll be perfect for someone who:

1) has dry/combo skin
2) likes little coverage

Returning to Sephora tomorrow.

on 9/12/2014 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know why, but can someone please tell me why makeup companies think that to be fair means to have strong pink tones? I tried this in two colors, #32 which I should have known better as it was too dark and #20 which was a shade too pink.

I should make comment now that I'm pretty lazy when it comes to daily beauty rituals, I prefer quick and effective. On to my notes: Coverage was sheer to light/medium, depending on how many layers you applied (I prefer medium); it leaves a very pretty dewy finish to the skin, didn't look unnatural and seemed to wear quite well, it does have a perfume-y smell to it, but I'm used to strong smells that didn't bother me…my only real grip was the color and if you have a blemish, you will need many layers and concealer and powder (that's too much work for me). So, overall, if you have relatively good skin that just needs a minor evening, and want a natural dewy coverage that highlights your skin texture and can find your perfect color - This is your foundation. continued >>