Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencils (All)

4.4

on 3/12/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I like this lip liner. It is not the most amazing but it does what I want it to do. I didn't actually purchase this for the waterproof use. I went for colour. I purchased one of the darker shades, a dark plum red. I like the way it glided on the edge of my lips. No dragging, non drying. The pencil is however not as waterproof as I thought it would be, I can say however that it is long lasting. It out lasted my Mac lipstick, I was left with just my lip liner on : ) which made me look a bit funny after several hours and a hot beverage. The actual product did not make my lips sore/chapped and did not have perfume scent. I have used many other brands of lip liner Chanel, Mac, Origins, Dior, YSL, Lancôme and many other brands in the past but I can say that some of them did not last as long, cost more, smelled too perfumed or made my lip line look dry/greasy. I will happily repurchase this after I have completely used it.

on 2/21/2014 11:08:00 PM

I've been using this in 1, 2 and 3C. I have always had really thin lips and gave up wearing lipstick years ago. I completely line my lips with a lipliner and may occasionally use a shimmer lip stain over it. I've used everything from Chanel, Estee Lauder and Mac to all the drugstore brands and I have to say that this stuff is the best. Is it completely waterproof all day through eating and drinking? No, but it comes pretty close. I've had lunch, wiped my mouth and been driving to pick my daughter up from school and still had a little color on my lips. Love it...Hate the price but will continue to buy it. I only wish they had a nice warm, natural pink color (14C is a little too dark for me). (C3/NC25 here)

on 2/13/2014 10:21:00 AM

This product is not waterproof (or anything else proof). It doesn't come off as easily as other lip liners but it doesn't last all day either. Also it's too drying so your lips will look cracked and in need of a lip balm. Wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I discovered this after I desperatley needed a matching lip liner with my "girl about town' lipstick. I bought this is 16c. Matches perfectly! And the liner is great. Smooth, no bleeding and lasts all day. I love it, and am planning on purchasing other colors soon.

on 11/12/2013 5:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love this range- the colours are so so so fantastic! they can get way too creamy in the heat, so I like to keep them in the fridge and throw them into my kit each morning. They don't budge, they are so wonderful!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

These pencils are excellent, long lasting. Make Up Forever offers some really great color options, I own three of them. The liners are not drying on the lip. The liners sharpen easily (pencil). The $18 price tag is not the most expensive on the market, but still up there.... Because the brand offers great colors and because the liner is long-lasting/not drying, I am willing to repurchase at this price tag.

on 8/31/2012 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I have 8c (fuchsia) and 16c (red). I use 8c with my fuchsia lipsticks, namely NARS Funny Face and Schiap. I use 16c with MUFE Moulin Rouge. These liners are creamy, long lasting and have good pigmentation. They're not drying and can be easily sharpened for precise application. I have MUFE, MAC and NARS lip liners and MUFE are my favorite because of their application and the duration they stay in place on my lips.

I recommend and will repurchase.

on 8/3/2012 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this lip pencil for quite a while. Have it in 11C and 14C but use just 11C, every day. I'm so surprised nobody mentioned it as it is a perfect natural color if you don't apply too much. I always get asked what I'm wearing on my lips.

The pencil is pretty waterproof and color choice is good. It lasts quite long but actually is quite short inside. It is easy to apply and is soft enough. Right now I'm not thinking to switching to anything else.

on 7/29/2012 2:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

16C (bright fuchsia pink) and 8C (true red) are spectacular lipliners.
They glide on your lips like no other.
I wear them alone all over my lips with a bit of clear gloss.
16C boosts up any pink lipstick
8C has a fab retro vibe to any red lipstick

on 5/17/2012 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in C3 and I love it. It matches my natural lip color and helps keep my lipstick from feathering off. Lasts all day long and doesn't budge.

Popular Lip Liners