April 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Skindinavia - Makeup Finishing Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I gave it 4 stars because shipping took terribly long and it couldn't keep the oil away from my nose but other than that, this product is great! I was interested in makeup staying sprays due to the climate where I live in which is hot and humid all year round and makeup tends to melt easily. I was put off by the price tag of UD's all nighter spray. $48 for a 4 oz bottle? You got to be kidding me right? I decided instead to put my money down on Skindinavia's makeup artist kit which consists of 2 bottles of 8 oz makeup staying sprays, the original and the no more shine ones. I am currently using the original one.

Due to my good skin, I don't use liquid foundations. I use my favourite MakeupForever Duo Mat and after which I spritz about 3-4 sprays of skindinavia and wow, the powdery effect of the foundation is gone! Also my makeup lasts through out the day with minimal touchups except for my nose area which is just too oily.

Will repurchase but way before I finish as shipping was just too long. Paid $70 for 2 8 oz botthles. Quite a steal and Skindinavia often has discounts as well.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was extremely reluctant to buy this - $29 for 4 oz of product is a big investment (or potentially a big waste if the product is bad).
I'm in Australia, and as far as I know there isn't any retailer or otherwise that sells Skindinavia, so I didn't have the opportunity to try before buying. But I decided that the risk could really pay off, and bought the regular 4 oz bottle online.

So first off, my skin is very dry (but I can get shiny on my nose and forehead), and I need a way to keep my skin/makeup dewy and not powdery.

I am usually at University or work, and almost every day that I use makeup I need it to last 8+ hours with minimal touchups.

Even after hearing amazing things about this product, I was still skeptical about the power of setting sprays in general - they do sound like a marketing hoax in a lot of ways to be perfectly honest.

How I use it on days when I REALLY need makeup to last, I will spray it after my foundation + concealer, then spray again after I have finished eyes/rest of my face, including face powder. Otherwise I will just spray it once after all my makeup is on.

I am completely hooked on this!
It makes my makeup look so dewy and natural, even when I have a full face of makeup on. It increases the staying power so much, I don't have to constantly touch up during the day anymore.

The spray pump dispenses the product in a really nice fine mist, which means minimal product for maximum effect! I can't imagine running out of it anytime soon.

I can't vouch for its oil-controlling properties, seeing as my face literally never gets oily. But based on my experience, I'd say that it doesn't have any kind of mattifying effect. Oily skinned gals would be better off getting the matte version of this (I can't remember what it's called).

There's no denying it's expensive, but it's so worth it! A+

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by mnguyen34

This is an amazing makeup setting spray. I've tried another setting spray in the past, Model in a Bottle, but was turned off at how my face felt like I had plastered it with a layer of extra hold hairspray. My skin felt hard and suffocated. Skindinavia's makeup setting spray is a million times better! The bottle sprays a fine, even, refreshing mist over my face which dries quickly to a matte finish with no residual feeling at all. I've noticed that my makeup definitely lasts a lot longer with the setting spray than without. I have an oily t-zone and I usually have to blot my t-zone 3 hours after I've applied my makeup. Even with blotting, my makeup is usually melted half off by the end of the workday. With the setting spray, I won't have to blot and, after 7-8 hours, my makeup looks very close to what it looked like when I left my house in the morning. It's not identical, but it definitely hasn't melted off. The way that I apply this setting spray is that I spray it 5-6 times all over my face after I've applied all of my cosmetics save for mascara which is the very last step in my makeup routine. The spray dries within a few seconds and I'm basically done for the day.

Skindinavia's customer service is incredible too. My package contained a faulty bottle and Skindinavia's customer service responded to my email within a few hours. They were incredibly nice and polite in their response and sent me a new bottle within 24 hours. Overall, incredibly pleased with this company and the original makeup setting spray! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Ardhanari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product upon a recommendation from a youtube makeup guru because I had problems with becoming oily after a 2-3 hours and my makeup not staying put. Turns out that I was exfoliating too much and that was leading to the shine according to my dermatologist. As for the makeup not staying fresh without reapplying I will just have to find something else because Skindinavia does nothing for my skin and is way too expensive for me to be purchasing such a poor product. Spraying too close, spraying far away, it did not matter for this product, it did not achieve what I wanted.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by FrauleinM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It looked great for the first 2 minutes, then my foundation looked cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by MarcyMills

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't live without this product. I have used it for almost a year now and I don't feel my makeup is "done" until I use Skindinavia. I originally purchased it (after reading many rave reviews) for a wedding I was going to in the middle of the steamy summer. That night it kept my makeup in place and I loved not having to worry about touching up-picture perfect. I fell in LOVE with Skindinavia. Now I use it EVERYDAY to keep my makeup looking fresh and flawless. I'm so happy i've found this. It's a super light spray that sets within seconds. I would strongly recommend this to all makeup lovers!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Chantellouise93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find the finishing spray to be great! To be honest though I haven't noticed my makeup sticking around for too much longer than it used to. In saying that, I've been using it over the summer in Australia and the heat takes a toll on how well it holds anyway.
When I first started using, it did sting a tiny bit but I suppose my face has gotten used to that now. It does tend to make your makeup feel stiff if you spray too much but that quickly wears off.
Overall I'm enjoying it and I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

How can you not love this stuff? I use it after I powder and it makes everything blend nicely together. It also give my skin a little glow and brings it back to life from any over powdering. It hasn't broken me out and I am on my second bottle. I also like that it sprays evenly and nicely, unlike Model in a Bottle which squirts insteads.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Funnygiraffe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I buy a backup to my backup of this product. That's how much I love it. It sets my makeup in place for the whole day and takes away the powdery look of my BE foundation. It smells awesome, feels great, doesn't make anything cakey and is a MUST HAVE for my makeup bag. I buy the 8oz bottles when they have their free shipping specials and it lasts me about three months. Mind you I love spraying this stuff on my face. I want to try the bridal version but I love this so much I'm not even sure if I should try another kind. I am far from oily so I can't speak to its oil preventing powers but it helps the makeup stay in place when I workout so that's gotta be a plus! Love love love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This spray is pretty good. It helps my makeup look fresh for a longer amount of time. It gets rid of the cakeyness and if you applied to much powder, it helps bring some life back into your face. It does not help with oil control but there's a separate spray for that. I got this on haulerdeals.con for ten dollars, not sure if its still there. But it may be gone after new years since II think it was s holiday deal