MAC Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OCTINOXATE 7.50%, OCTISALATE 2.00%, AVOBENZONE 1.50% INGREDIENTS PETROLATUM, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER, COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT BRAN) EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, WATER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ETHYLCELLULOSE, CHOLESTEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL ADIPATE/CAPRATE/CAPRYLATE/HEPTANOATE, HYDROGENATED DILINOLEYL ALCOHOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, LINOLEIC ACID, OLEIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, POTASSIUM SULFATE, SILICA, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ALUMINA, TIN OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL [+/- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 (CI 42090), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 33 (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 10 (CI 47005), YELLOW 10 LAKE (CI 47005)]

on 1/10/2010 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I truthfully like mac tendertones better than their tinted lip conditioner. It smells like strawberry kiwi and it makes my lips soft. I love it! I heard they dicontinued it though. I would buy more if I could.

on 12/2/2009 11:37:00 PM

i love these things. they are my favorite product mac has ever came out with! they are the first thing i put on my lips in the morning and the last thing i put on before i go to bed. they condition my lips and leave them feeling great. i love that they have spf too which makes them perfect especially in the summer time when you are at the pool or beach. i think at one point i have owned every single one! my favorites are shush, tread gently and honey bare. the only negative thing i can say about them is they are not very pigmented but i love them either way!

on 12/2/2009 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolute adore these lip treatments, not only is the scent is quite amazing and fruity scented like strawberry kiwi, but they are extremely lush on the lips.

I have forever dry skin on my face and lips, which is a never ending battle finding something that would end the dryness on my lips. As long as I used these (while I still have a large stock) my lips were extremely moisturized.

I could tell the difference immediately when I stopped using these because after about a week my lips dried out again. The consistency is nice and smooth without being sticky and obnoxious like some lipglosses.

The colors in these are quite delightful, and extremely sheer that gives you just a little pop of color. Some have no color, so have glitter and some do not, it is just a shame these are not sold year round.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the Tendertone because of a few beauty gurus on youtube, how much they loved these lip balms from MAC. Last week, I was shopping on ACW(AllCosmeticsWholesale.com), and found that they were selling a few Tendertones, so I picked the one called Purring. I just got my order in yesterday afternoon and went through and played with all the new goodies I had bought. I opened the lip balm and immediately noticed the light, fruity scent, then tried it on, and loved it! It goes on very smooth, not sticky, and it smells great!

I'm so glad I bought one...thinking about getting a few more in different colors...I'm assuming they all smell the same? Guess I'll find out!

And if you haven't alread..check out:
www.allcosmeticswholesale.com

on 7/8/2009 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved every aspect of the tendertones when mac released them. Soft colors, comfortable wear, nice packaging. But... my lips dry out with this so badly !! I've the same irritation with clinique buttershine, so it might be something in those new gel formula... too bad.

This is NOT a lip gloss....after reading people complain about the lack of pigmentation, i was perplexed. this is NOT marketed as a gloss. anyways, end of that. I LOVE tendertones. I've got about 6 (4 from old collection & 2 from new one). I absolutely love the smell, love the feel and could not be happier with these. I've always been able to buy them at the CCO so I have never paid full price which is great. One of my favorite lip conditioners (besides burts bees)

on 5/20/2009 5:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I just picked up my first one of these yesterday and I like it but I don't love it. Not sticky, nice color, no lasting power (but it's a gloss, they never last), and a way too strong smell. I got it at my CCO for a discount, so I think it was a good purchase. If it was a bit more shiny it would be perfect and only lightly scented it would be perfect.

on 4/8/2009 9:03:00 PM

Tendertones are amazing, my fav lip conditioner. The packaging is great, they are really moisturising and they smell fantastic, they're not too sticky. I don't wear lipstick, only gloss and usually light colours so the tendertones are great for me. Love it.

on 1/31/2009 3:13:00 PM

i love tendertones! i have one in hush hush and take a hint. . i they are moisturizign and smell good. although i wish it had a bit more pigment in them , its ok they still have a nice shimer to it.

on 11/26/2008 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in Pucker, which is a 'dark' berry-color in the pot- but looks transparant on me. I really like how this moisturizes my lips and looks glossy at the same time.
The packaging looks great, but I don't like to use my vingers to get the product out the pot, just feels so unsanitary.

Top Rated Lip Treatments