Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

3.4

on 1/27/2013 10:08:00 PM

LOVE THIS SO MUCH! I have never felt so confident. I get do many compliments and it stays al day at school without reapplying it looks seriosuly do pretty and I look flawless. My pores look smaller and it has really improved my skin overall and my skin doesn't look shiny or oily in this makeup. It's the only kind that hasn't broken me out. I love bare essentials and it was prolly the best Christmas gift I have got(:

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE the finish Bare Minerals gives. Usually I avoid powder foundations, and happened to try it out by chance because my friend was wearing it and it looked GORGEOUS. It takes some practice, and you need the right brush (Which obviously ups the price) but once you've got the hang of it you'll be amazed. I personally use the original one & so many people have commented that my skin is glowing! Plus, if blended well, it looks like you have next to nothing on your skin. Don't just go putting it on with any old brush though - and definitely build in thinner layers to avoid blotchiness (powder, unlike fluid, is difficult to correct & you may end up having to take it all off and start over again!) When i'm going out I tend to wear Armani Luminous Silk foundation (6.5) and use Bare Minerals (Golden Tan) to set it and give myself more of a matte glow. (I'm an NC35/37 in MAC) x

on 10/19/2012 1:21:00 AM

I've been using Bare Minerals Original SPF 15 Foundation for nearly 2 years now. I'm using Fairly Medium C20, and I have sensitive, acne-prone combination skin, with a history of severe cystic acne.

I'm on the fence about this foundation because it has many pros & cons for me. Every time I try a liquid foundation, I break out.

PROS
--- perfect shade for my skin
--- does not cause *any* breakouts
--- completely covers mild rosacea / redness
--- quick to apply
--- if applied with ELF's powder brush, doesn't look like I"m wearing any makeup at all
--- it applied with ELF's powder brush, doesn't emphasize pores too much

CONS
--- easily can look cakey or chalky
--- easily will magnify pores in the cheeks / nose
--- will settle into any grooves / wrinkles / acne crater scars
--- mineral veil seems ineffective at mattifying & sealing in foundation

Overall, I've stuck with this because it evens my skin tone, hides my rosacea and discoloration from acne scarring, and doesn't cause me to break out. I have been trying liquid foundations because I would like to minimize my pore size, but every liquid foundation so far causes me to break out in regular or cystic acne. Many primers also cause me to break out. However, I suspect this product would work better with a primer beneath it.

on 10/10/2012 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

MAKEUPLOVERAUS is obviously doing something wrong. That's why you buy a starter kit that comes with a DVD. It is fairly inexpensive at $27.00 but if it cost $100.00, I would still buy it cuz 1 foundation lasts 2 years. First of all, you need to apply it with your heavenly face brush. It took me a whule of playing with the brushes to figure this out. Also if you have oily skin like me, they offer the foundation in matte which gives yiu a flawless finush with no breakthroughs. And if you happen to have daily breakthroughs, they now sell mineral veil in a to go compact. 80% of women are the color mediun which I found to be true because I am medium & I love the new turnlock containers. You have to give it time & play with it. It's the best makeuo I've ever put on my skin.
Monique. 40 yo caucasian

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

For the price this product isnít worth it. The coverage is okay but looks quiet chalky, the staying power isnít anything to write home about and the colour range is okay. ID minerals are generally a nice brand if you are willing to pay for quality. Unfortunately for them the quality factor doesnít exist in this product. If I compare it to Youngblood it isnít half as good. This product to me is no different from your 20 dollar supermarket bought powder which you expect low quality from. I donít recommend this as itís not worth the $$.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This mineral veil gives a nice finish, bt does not control oil for me. With my super oily skin, after an hour or two I am all shiny. If your skin is not as oily as mine though I think this would be a good product for you.

on 9/4/2012 6:44:00 AM

Best mineral foundation I've used. Also the most expensive, but for a reason! I am NC25 and wear Medium Beige in the product, in the container it doesn't seem to suit my skin, but it appears to adapt to my skin tone very well once on, looks completely seamless

This is a fantastic mineral foundation that leaves a radiant, healthy and yet lasting finish!
One of my favourite things about this foundation is actually how well it photographs! In every photo my skin looks flawless and even toned, radiant is really the word. A lot of reviews and make-up artist types claim because of the spf and reflective particles in this foundation it gives off a "flash back" effect where your face looks whiter than normal, but having been wearing this foundation since 2007, I can say it looks fantastic in photos!

PROS:
natural lasting finish

improves skin, seems to dry out pimples without drying out the rest of your skin

great packaging especially with introduction on the inside bit that you can twist to close and stop foundation spilling everywhere

photographs very well

CONS:
does not feel as luxurious going on skin as liquid does

need to buy very high quality "dense" kabuki brush to get the most out of this product.

pricy!

often hard to find in shops and have to purchase at beauticians which often overcharge.

I think this foundation could really suit any skin type especially those with uneven skin tones. If you're going to buy it, make sure you invest in a very high quality kabuki brush as mineral foundation gives the best coverage when it is literally "buffed" into the skin, (this can be a bit irritating and hard to get use to at first for mineral virgins)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Way back when I used to use Bare Minerals, I used the Deep/Dark and mineral veil and liked it at first. However, I never understood how to get this to not exacerbate pore visibility. No matter how many times I used to swirl, tap and buff, it remained an issue. Same for oil control... it remained an issue no matter how many times I layered the powders! Also, I was never completely satisfied with the foundation color choices for my caramel colored complexion. Deep/Dark made me look slightly ashy. I think I stayed with Bare Minerals so long because I thought this was the best choice at the time. Then, the final straw...over time, Bare Minerals began to irritate my skin and eyes, making both burn and itch. Clearly, I had a reaction to the product over time because it was out of the blue after a few years use. All in all, a final analysis of Bare Minerals is that it wasn't doing much for me at all and actually began to do more harm than good. So when I got the allergic reaction, I did some research online and I ditched Bare Minerals for Alima which has an absolutely beautiful array of mineral foundation shades for women of color. Again, I didn't want to give up on mineral makeup. Alima worked beautifully for me and never irritated my skin or eyes. However, when I went on Accutane 3 years ago, mineral makeup became to drying for my face, so I gave up mineral makeup completely. After the Accutane treatment, I started using Origins (gasp) stay-tuned balancing liquid foundation which is mild, paraben-free and helps balance my now combination skin. I've been happier ever since. However, if I ever went back to mineral makeup, it would be Alima for sure.

on 7/30/2012 12:51:00 PM

I don't see what is so great about this product. I got this in a Sephora exclusive package, along with some other things. I didn't like any of the products that this came with. First of all, the packaging is terrible. I opened the package and the powder came flying out all over the place. I also had to use a lot of the product to cover anything on my face. It didn't even have great coverage once it was all over my face! All that it actually did was make any zits or imperfections I had look 10 times worse. In fact, wearing this product made me discover that I had a few zits I didn't know I had. It's so strange because every woman I know talks about how great this product is and how great the coverage is. I just don't see it. I think this product is a waste of money.

on 5/30/2012 1:25:00 AM

I bought BM starter kit two year ago when a beauty therapist introduced it to me. I have prone acne skin and it gives full coverage. Fully covered my lumpy pumpy skin. And I can use it as concealer as well.
I have been repurchased it for so many times, sadly it doesnít give full coverage for dried up spot. But I still can live with it. Happy with this product.