Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black

2.4

on 4/14/2012 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm reviewing the older version. This brush is a joke IMO. This should be marketed as a bottom lash mascara because it does work for that. It's very black and I found it only worked (sometimes) with revlon fabulash. Wouldn't buy again or recommend.

on 3/18/2012 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm reviewing on the older, silver version of this that was discontinued. I found it for around $3 at Big Lots, so didn't expect much from it, but WOW! It holds an amazing curl, gives great volume, and can be layered for a more dramatic look without clumping. I'm going to stock up on this, since I'm sure the new formula will somehow be different.

Not impressed with this mascara. The rectangular handle on the brush wand made application awkward, as I couldn't rotate the brush very well as I applied. The brush itself left goops of mascara on my lashes, though I liked the idea of the ball on the end of the wand.

on 1/25/2012 9:58:00 PM

This is the first mascara I threw away without using it at all. The brush/wand itself is poorly made, the bristles are weird, and the tube was a bit dry. Don't waste your money!

on 1/8/2012 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I did not like this mascara, it was way too clumpy, all my lashes where just stuck to each other, it just not a nice look. could not wear in the evening either.

on 11/20/2011 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I recently tried this mascara (I ordered it off e-bay, I'm not even sure if it's still available in stores) I have to say that I really, really like this! It's a classy, shiny package. Nice and lightweight so you can carry it in your purse, or even in your pocket if you wish. I love the brush, it's your basic old school mascara brush, no fat rubber one. What's great about that is you can get to those tiny lashes in the corner of your eyes. My eye lashes have never looked fuller! Plus I got this at a super cheap price online! So good luck girlies!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this mascara! I've used plenty of different mascaras, and they all have their pros and cons. However, I have nothing to complain about on this - great volume, good length (can't expect a lot of length as its a volumising mascara - but its surprisingly good) and good staying power. And you can often get it on a good special. Love it, would rebuy again and again.

on 11/4/2011 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This mascara absolutely destroyed my lashes!
They made them clump like crazy and my lashes were extremely heavy because of the mascara, so my lashes no matter how much i curled them would not get out of my immediate sight line.
When i blinked the mascara would rub onto my top and lower eyelids and i was left with an absolute nightmare sitting on my eyelashes.
The only personal note i can deduce is that when i bought the mascara it was on sale for about $8 AU down from the usual $20-something

I personally would not like to repeat this disaster.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This mascara works great on the lower lashes. It makes them long and separated. It doesn't tend to flake when I have it on. I don't use it on my upper lashes as I use L'oreal Voluminous and Revlon Grow Luscious for that.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara was OKAY. It was great in the sense that with one coat, you would have GIGANTIC volume (does that even make sense?) and a ton of length, it also looked like you had three sets of extra lashes on. However, after a mere hour of wearing it, if you just lightly swooped your finger under your eyelashes, most if not all of the product would flake off, so you can the problem. Another issue I had with the product was the brush. After about five uses, putting it in a cupboard for a week, and taking it out again, I noticed that the brush had seemingly disintegrated. There were barely any bristles left. There was a very pungent smell as well. I would buy this again because of the great length and volume IF it had a new brush and better staying power.

I have a picture of the brush up as well.

UPDATE: Okay, so I couldn't upload a picture, I don't know why, but here's the picture via tinypic. http://tinypic.com/r/1z6sj78/7