October 31, 2014 | 779 users online

Powder - Gabriel - Zuzu Luxe Dual Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by kcielo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just tried this powder for the first time today. I'm a former MAC girl gone natural (as possible). I am a fan of the Glamorganic Goddess and her blog, and she recommended Gabriel dual powder foundation. Based on the MUA reviews and comparison of the color selection, I went with Zuzu Luxe instead of Gabriel. For reference, I am NC 40-42 in MAC and went with D-24, which looks good on me in natural and artificial light.

So far, I am impressed with the coverage and durability of the powder, especially without a primer. I do have a t-zone issue, so I've blotted my nose a few times, but the rest of my face is even, natural, and dewy.

I also used the Zuzu Luxe bronzer in D32, which is great for contouring. I do like the color, but I'm curious to see how D-28 would work on my skin tone. But just like the dual powder foundation, staying power and evenness is great!

Not sure how they will hold in hot weather, but I'll definitely find out in December when I go to Mexico and will keep you posted.

BTW, I bought the Zuzu Luxe products from pharmaca.com because they're 20% off right now, and there's an additional 10% savings. I'm so tempted to grab the other bronzer and try some blushes. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by BACHNROHN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love ! I use Meow Cosmetics and ZUZU!!!....can throw Zuzu in my purse for easy for touch ups though...careful do not judge for NOT being oil free.. I have very oily skin that breaks out easily and this is EXCELLENT make-up for oily and dry or mature. BETTER THAN MAC.. I used MAC powder foundation for years, great coverage but not healthy for you or your skin. If you cant stop using Mac like a junky LOL . Try this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Suzie2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this foundation. Looks very natural and literally takes me seconds to apply. Wears really well. So much better than any liquid foundation I have ever used. This is my first powder foundation. I tried some before in the stores and I thought they emphasized my pores and wrinkles and were too iridescent. This is perfect and is matte and does not emphasize my lines and pores. I am approaching 50, so I use over a thick moisturizer so it is not too drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It has been too hot for makeup recently. Even my tinted sunscreen felt thick and heavy on my face. I decided to try the ZuZu dual powder foundation based on the reviews here. I initially bought color D-10 as I was matched to that one by the SA. I was almost immediately worried that I had the wrong color. The color in the pan looked a little pink toned to me when I checked it in natural daylight. After going to the website, I realized that it was indeed pink toned. I am light olive and need more yellow based foundation. I returned it the next day for the D-7 which is the yellow based equivalent of the D-10. I have been applying it over my sunscreen with the big ecotools bronzer brush. This brush is really soft and dense and picks up a good amount of product and applies it evenly and smoothly. You are supposed to use the sponge applicator that comes in the contact. I have not tried that yet as I do not want a really heavy coverage during this heat spell. The compact seems sturdy enough and is easy to open. The sponge and mirror are located under the pan, making the whole thing a little bit bulky. I love the feel of this on my skin. No streaks, no itchy-ness, no settling into fine lines and best of all....no cakey-ness. I like to keep my ecobrush for bronzers only so I may need to get a second one to use with this foundation. I would rebuy this product in a heartbeat. There do not seem to be a lot of color choices however. I was lucky to get a really good match.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by jedi_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first mineral powder foundation I have ever tried and holy smokes where have I been?!? This stuff is amazing! (To be clear my review is for ZUZU Luxe Dual Powder Foundation.)

-Staying power completely outlasts traditional liquid/cream foundations. I wore it for 9 hours with NO primer underneath and I could not perceive any fading although I am sure there must have been.
-No cakey look, very build-able
-Light to medium coverage -> you can customize it by applying more but in general its a light-medium coverage.
-The finish is matte and smooth and it gives you a blurring of lines or blemishes that is lovely
-I have colour D-17 (Light/Medium with beige undertones) and I find it is slightly more golden than my skin tone but because the look is so natural I can get away with it. The description says 'beige' undertone which typically means its a bit more 'pinky' than it is 'yellow or golden' in undertone. But I do not find the D-17 to be pinky at all... and thus not a typical 'beige' undertone. (Note: The colour D-07, which is the lighter counterpart to D-17 does have a more beige undertone as expected from the description on their website.)
-No irritation, no redness, no odd reaction to the formulation, no fragrance.

So far I am really thrilled with this foundation!
I am taking off one lippy because I think its priced too high, $40 CAD.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by sparkleandshine79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far this seems to be the only natural face powder my skin has tolerated. It actually seems to clear up my skin if it's breaking out. I don't like their oil free foundation at all though (see review). It made me breakout, so I use the powder as a foundation too. I make sure I put a light moisturizer on first and let it sink in a little, then I use a damp sponge to apply the powder, use concealer where I need it, then a little powder with a brush if I need some. I've used it for about 2 years now. I use shade D-10. Also, I really like the packaging. The powder is on top, and in the bottom is a mirror and the applicator sponge. Price wise I wish it were cheaper, but I'm just glad my skin doesn't breakout from it:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am giving this a 4, because I find that Gabriel powder foundation is different than Zuzu Luxe, although they are supposed to be the same company.

I would give the Zuzu Luxe product a 5. It's the best "natural"/green powder foundation I've found. I have fair but not absolutely porcelain skin and the D-7 color (Ivory with Beige Undertones) matches me perfectly. Lovely coverage and natural finish.

However, I would give the Gabriel powder foundation only a 3. (I have the Light Beige). Color doesn't match me as well, and something in the formula seems to irritate my skin and makes it feel hot and inflamed, and flush/redden.
The only reason I am giving this a 3 and not a 1 or 2 is because maybe I am simply allergic to something in it, and it may work for someone else. Not sure what the ingredient is in the Gabriel product that isn't in the Zuzu Luxe...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by RS315

I am reviewing the Zuzu Luxe (not Gabriel Color) Dual Powder Foundation. This is an amazing product that used alone provides light coverage, and over a liquid foundation creates a truly flawless look. I have been using this for a few years, and although it is pricey, it lasts a long time. I can't live without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Icebox5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder foundation. I am near the end of my second compact and have already purchased a third to have on hand for when I run out. I've tried numerous products, and always avoided powder foundation because most of them looked chalky and made me break out, but this product doesn't. D-4 is a good match for my fair skin, and works well on my sensitive skin. If you're not sure of shade, try Whole Foods; they have an array of testers and a liberal return policy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by delitebrite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this foundation. It doesn't just sit on top of your skin like a lot of powders, it blends into it. The coverage could be a bit better, but for powder only I'm not complaining. It really leaves your skin soft, and since I've been using it I've had fewer breakouts, anyway. I've heard some complaints about the packaging, or the sponge, but I haven't had an issue with either. My only real gripe is that it's so expensive! I'm willing to shell out $25 for high-end, vegan cosmetics, I just wish they were a tad more affordable. Hopefully it lasts quite a while.