Gabriel Zuzu Luxe Dual Powder Foundation

4.3

Mica, cetyl palmitate, octyl palmitate, silica, kaolin, avocado fruit extract*, zinc stearate, jojoba seed oil*, caprylic/capric triglyceride, lecithin, Crithmum maritimum (sea fennel) extract*, tocopheryl acetate, iron oxides, titanium dioxide. *Organic

on 5/22/2013 3:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have combination skin and was originally very hesitant to use this product as a foundation. I originally purchased it to use as powder on top of my Gabrielle moisturizing liquid foundation, which was a bit too greasy for me. I thought the powder would help. I tried it on top of the foundation and I found it to be horrible and made my skin look dull. However, for fun one day I just tried it on its on on my skin. The staying powder is very nice! When you first put it on it does make your skin look more on the matte side. But after about 30 minutes it melts into the skin and looks very nice. And the compact makes it easy for touch ups throughout the day. Very natural looking. I will be purchasing again! A little warning though...if you have dry skin or flake skin I would avoid this. Whenever I do chemical peels then use this my skin looks horrid. I would only suggest this for normal, oily and combo skin. The coverage is great! Even skin tone and covers blemishes well. I purchased D-4 and have fairly yellow undertones to my skin. It looks very pale but I would say it is better to go lighter with this foundation. I just use a blush and a bit of bronzer after and it works perfect.

on 2/21/2013 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The first time I bought this, I hated it. I threw it away after trying it only once or twice. It was chalky and just sat on my skin. I wasn't using a moisturizer underneath. Fast forward to a year or so later and in an attempt to once again use more natural products, I purchased a second time and I am in loooooove. I use the Giovanni D-tox moisturizer first and then use a puff to sort of press this powder into my skin. Within about an hour, once it has melted into my skin a little, I have a FLAWLESS looking face. It stays on all day, keeps shine at bay while making me look slightly dewy and smooth. I have fair skin and the D10 is a perfect color match for me. I love this and will definitely continue to use daily. : ) I don't need a liquid foundation or a concealer. This is a gem.

on 10/28/2012 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just tried Zuzu Luxe dual foundation powder and I really like it. It gives me good coverage, which I need, without looking thick. The color D17 is a perfect match for my skin. I know Whole Foods carries it if you want to try it out or you can get it directly from the website; here's a link: http://www.gabrielcosmeticsinc.com/index.cfm/product/45_21/zuzu-luxe-dual-powder-foundation.cfm

I don't break out from it, which I have from some other mineral powders that contain Bismuth; this one does not. It has SPF8 and comes in a nice compact that includes a sponge and a mirror. It's not too expensive, $28.30 (US).

on 10/23/2012 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Just tried this powder for the first time today. I'm a former MAC girl gone natural (as possible). I am a fan of the Glamorganic Goddess and her blog, and she recommended Gabriel dual powder foundation. Based on the MUA reviews and comparison of the color selection, I went with Zuzu Luxe instead of Gabriel. For reference, I am NC 40-42 in MAC and went with D-24, which looks good on me in natural and artificial light.

So far, I am impressed with the coverage and durability of the powder, especially without a primer. I do have a t-zone issue, so I've blotted my nose a few times, but the rest of my face is even, natural, and dewy.

I also used the Zuzu Luxe bronzer in D32, which is great for contouring. I do like the color, but I'm curious to see how D-28 would work on my skin tone. But just like the dual powder foundation, staying power and evenness is great!

Not sure how they will hold in hot weather, but I'll definitely find out in December when I go to Mexico and will keep you posted.

BTW, I bought the Zuzu Luxe products from pharmaca.com because they're 20% off right now, and there's an additional 10% savings. I'm so tempted to grab the other bronzer and try some blushes. :)

on 10/19/2012 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love ! I use Meow Cosmetics and ZUZU!!!....can throw Zuzu in my purse for easy for touch ups though...careful do not judge for NOT being oil free.. I have very oily skin that breaks out easily and this is EXCELLENT make-up for oily and dry or mature. BETTER THAN MAC.. I used MAC powder foundation for years, great coverage but not healthy for you or your skin. If you cant stop using Mac like a junky LOL . Try this :)

on 10/18/2012 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love, love, love this foundation. Looks very natural and literally takes me seconds to apply. Wears really well. So much better than any liquid foundation I have ever used. This is my first powder foundation. I tried some before in the stores and I thought they emphasized my pores and wrinkles and were too iridescent. This is perfect and is matte and does not emphasize my lines and pores. I am approaching 50, so I use over a thick moisturizer so it is not too drying.

on 8/5/2012 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It has been too hot for makeup recently. Even my tinted sunscreen felt thick and heavy on my face. I decided to try the ZuZu dual powder foundation based on the reviews here. I initially bought color D-10 as I was matched to that one by the SA. I was almost immediately worried that I had the wrong color. The color in the pan looked a little pink toned to me when I checked it in natural daylight. After going to the website, I realized that it was indeed pink toned. I am light olive and need more yellow based foundation. I returned it the next day for the D-7 which is the yellow based equivalent of the D-10. I have been applying it over my sunscreen with the big ecotools bronzer brush. This brush is really soft and dense and picks up a good amount of product and applies it evenly and smoothly. You are supposed to use the sponge applicator that comes in the contact. I have not tried that yet as I do not want a really heavy coverage during this heat spell. The compact seems sturdy enough and is easy to open. The sponge and mirror are located under the pan, making the whole thing a little bit bulky. I love the feel of this on my skin. No streaks, no itchy-ness, no settling into fine lines and best of all....no cakey-ness. I like to keep my ecobrush for bronzers only so I may need to get a second one to use with this foundation. I would rebuy this product in a heartbeat. There do not seem to be a lot of color choices however. I was lucky to get a really good match.

on 2/5/2012 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the first mineral powder foundation I have ever tried and holy smokes where have I been?!? This stuff is amazing! (To be clear my review is for ZUZU Luxe Dual Powder Foundation.)

-Staying power completely outlasts traditional liquid/cream foundations. I wore it for 9 hours with NO primer underneath and I could not perceive any fading although I am sure there must have been.
-No cakey look, very build-able
-Light to medium coverage -> you can customize it by applying more but in general its a light-medium coverage.
-The finish is matte and smooth and it gives you a blurring of lines or blemishes that is lovely
-I have colour D-17 (Light/Medium with beige undertones) and I find it is slightly more golden than my skin tone but because the look is so natural I can get away with it. The description says 'beige' undertone which typically means its a bit more 'pinky' than it is 'yellow or golden' in undertone. But I do not find the D-17 to be pinky at all... and thus not a typical 'beige' undertone. (Note: The colour D-07, which is the lighter counterpart to D-17 does have a more beige undertone as expected from the description on their website.)
-No irritation, no redness, no odd reaction to the formulation, no fragrance.

So far I am really thrilled with this foundation!
I am taking off one lippy because I think its priced too high, $40 CAD.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

So far this seems to be the only natural face powder my skin has tolerated. It actually seems to clear up my skin if it's breaking out. I don't like their oil free foundation at all though (see review). It made me breakout, so I use the powder as a foundation too. I make sure I put a light moisturizer on first and let it sink in a little, then I use a damp sponge to apply the powder, use concealer where I need it, then a little powder with a brush if I need some. I've used it for about 2 years now. I use shade D-10. Also, I really like the packaging. The powder is on top, and in the bottom is a mirror and the applicator sponge. Price wise I wish it were cheaper, but I'm just glad my skin doesn't breakout from it:)

on 10/17/2011 5:07:00 PM

I am giving this a 4, because I find that Gabriel powder foundation is different than Zuzu Luxe, although they are supposed to be the same company.

I would give the Zuzu Luxe product a 5. It's the best "natural"/green powder foundation I've found. I have fair but not absolutely porcelain skin and the D-7 color (Ivory with Beige Undertones) matches me perfectly. Lovely coverage and natural finish.

However, I would give the Gabriel powder foundation only a 3. (I have the Light Beige). Color doesn't match me as well, and something in the formula seems to irritate my skin and makes it feel hot and inflamed, and flush/redden.
The only reason I am giving this a 3 and not a 1 or 2 is because maybe I am simply allergic to something in it, and it may work for someone else. Not sure what the ingredient is in the Gabriel product that isn't in the Zuzu Luxe...