July 28, 2014 | 1246 users online

Hair Treatments - Extra Strength Hair Color Remover - Color Oops

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by jessicaalynnexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Color Oops has exceeded my expectations. I only paid about $10 for it at Rexall, and didn't think it would work well for me. I had bleach blonde hair that had been dyed with red dye, purple manic panic followed by more red dye (to hold the color). Then, I got sick of the red, attempted to get it out with hair color remover (fail), followed by bleach (only made the red brighter). So I gave up, and dyed it red again, followed by red henna over top. Basically, my hair was SUPER RED. It says not to use it with Henna, but the red henna I bought from Lush contains no metallic salts and therefore did not react with the Color Oops. My hair is now a brassy blonde color after only one 20 minute application, and is in fantastic condition. I would buy this again, and would definitely recommend to friends. Better results than paying $200 to get your hair stripped at a salon :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 More reviews by petiterugger

I have been dyeing my hair ever since the age of twelve. Now, I'm in my twenties. After years of experimentation (from unnatural colors to natural colors), I can not rave about this product enough. Color Oops is quite honestly one of the best hair color removers on the market. A lot of people complain that it smells horrible. The reason for this awful smell is because Color Oops has a sulfuric base that oxidizes and shrinks dye molecules (thus allowing you to rinse away the unwanted dye). Typically, your hair will return to it's natural shade (or a shade close to it) after rinsing. It's important that you RINSE WITH SHAMPOO. The longer you rinse, the better your results will be (it even says this on the box)! Usually, after I have dyed my hair a few shades redder than my natural shade, I pick up a box of this. My hair naturally has red tones to it and any bleaching (unless it is done with an Absolute Platinum bleach), my hair will pull red/orange tones. That's my usual result after I use Color Oops. I don't mind it because I can correct this. THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THIS PRODUCT ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. This is NOT ideal to remove unnatural colors (made by brands such as Manic Panic and Special Effects). It states this on it's website and box! You are better off fading those colors with a clarifying shampoo.
2. It is BEST ADVISED to use a PROTEIN FILLER after application of Color Oops! Your hair will be extremely porous after to use and will GRAB your new color and alter your desired results. Buy a few shades lighter than what you actually want to go so after processing, you end up with a desired shade.

I would recommend this product again and again to people. It's definitely one of my HG products. It's cheap and gets the job done!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by serenitysclarity

Worked. Smells like rotten eggs but not near as bad as I expected from the complaints. I have natural dark ash blonde hair that I used to lighten. Then dyed red. Then covered in brown. Eventually I had 2 inches of dark ash blonde roots then dark red brown along shaft and natural Med to light brown on the ends. After researching diff things to try, I chose color oops because I'd never used it before and was curious. My original idea was to avoid my roots and hope the oops took off enough color to blend with them. I ended up getting drunk and forgot to avoid 'em. Any who.. I mixed, slathered runny mess all over, covered in aluminum foil (thinking better heat/more active?), covered in the plastic cap, and started blow drying, all super quick because I've read the mixture can become inactive. Blew dry for 20 minutes (now wish I left it on longer for slightly higher results), then QUICKLY hopped under hot water rinse. If it cools before rinsing, the cuticles could close and trap the dye in. Luckily my hot water lasts ages in the shower (I crank the water heater as high as it'll go any new place I move to). I rinsed, gentle scrubbed, shampooed, repeated for 20 minutes and followed with my new love: One n only argan oil restorative mask for ANOTHER 20 minutes in a hot towel. The condition of my hair is great, but my scalp tingles a little. It lightened my roots, so there is some type of lightner in it (I wasn't sure prior). The rest is all an even very warm mild orangy light brown. ... debating on toning or dying with an ash blond. We'll see and I'll try to update. The red was a permanent and brown a semi.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by captainkelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought it because I had to get dye out of my hair and Sally's was closed, so I found this at walgreens hoping it would work the same as Color Fix. My hair was dyed a permanent black and semi-permanent purple, pink, and blue. First off, the smell is absolutely disgusting. It smells like rotten eggs. Its also really messy and runny but it coated my hair pretty nicely. It took off SOME of the hair dye, and also turned the rest green. It barely even took off any of the semi-permanents. I'm glad it didn't damage my hair like bleach, which was a plus. However, it barely did its job and the smell is still lingering in my hair and my neck and its so awful. If you need to get a dye out, use a home remedy or get something like Color Fix or Color Zap, don't waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Ksealssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently dyed my hair a dark red color. It was too bright and looked horrible with my skin. I am a natural redhead but just wanted to amp up my color. I've done it before with semi permanent dyes but decide to go permanent this time for some reason which I totally regret. I had quite a few blonde highlights and then applied the dark red dye. It was much too dark and some blonde highlights were showing through. I hated it but dealt with it for like a month and decided i needed it gone. So I read hundreds of reviews on this product and couldn't find any dealing with natural redheads going a darker red. So I decided to give it a try and the results were incredible. Yes the smell is horrible and will linger in your hair but you won't care because of the amazing results. I rinsed for about 30 minutes total. You have to rinse a lot a lot a lot or you won't get the results you want. I deep conditioned my hair will some Wen and it worked great. My hair is now almost exactly back to my original color, my highlights are even showing. There's the slightest hint of the fake red but it makes my hair look pretty nice actually. So if you're a redhead and you wanna know if this works it does. And I'm sure it will vary for other hair colors but for the most part I've read good things. This is a great product and can really save you. Thanks Color Oops!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Waywardkatie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay so I had my hair a bright red colour for over eight months. Permanent dye, to be exact. I had done a great job recolouring it every 6 weeks, making sure it didn't fade, keeping it healthy, etc. but then there was the dreaded grow out. It just took too much to maintain. Everything I owned that was one white, yeah, it's pink now. I got tired of having to wait 3-4 days between washing my hair. So I decided to get rid of the red, then go get a brown to blonde ombré colour job. The thing was, how was I supposed to get rid of the red? Dish soap, head and shoulders, hot water, nothing seemed to work, not even that L'Oreal hair color remover. I tried this, and after 1 application and processing for 20 minutes, I was left with a great coppery blonde colour. Sure, it was splotchy, but that was my fault. The smell wasn't bad at all, the hardest part was leaning over the side of the tub for 20 minutes.. My hair is hardly damaged, this product works wonderfully. I would definitely recommend this! If you have a teenage daughter (who's like me and changes her hair colour often), and she screws it up, just go to Walgreens and buy this! Hahah:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by avieTH21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So,this is my first review ever.I decided to write it because this product was AWESOME to me!
I have dyed my hair red for some time. And then,I made a big mistake.I dyed my hair BLACK. So,I've been dying my hair black for 6 months. I started to hate it so I decided to give a try to color oops. I was really afraid of it,but I thought: I can't lose anything.
So,I did this thing with color oops yesterday.The first thing,it smell is NOT that bad.After washing my hair it hadn't any smell,it was nice and it did not demage my hair.After using of color oops I've got a beautiful copper color. I couldn't be more happy. Thank you to whoever made this product,I'm really grateful. :D
I would highly recommend this product,it worked perfectly for me!
(I hope it won't go dark)

Good luck :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by tanyab2007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Even thou this product didn't work on my hair - I like the idea of it.
I tried to lighten my hennaed hair. I know that instructions say that the product doesn't work on henna, but I read about good result with henna and decided to try.
Many complained about the smell. Well... For me it brought back some memories of 80ties and hair salons in Eastern Europe....I almost became nostalgic :-)
Washing it off for 20 minutes was the hardest part. My face turned red and my husband was seriously concerned about me fainting there in the bathtub.... I shampooed it 4 times during those 20 minutes. My hair felt squeky clean. No damage whatsoever. After this I put deep conditioner and left it for 20 minutes.
Hair has same healthy glow I always have (I use only henna). The shampoos and conditioners I'm using are from organic store and they have only natural ingredients....
The verdict..... I don't see any difference in color. However, my husband says it became lighter.
My advice - if you are desperate, try it. Worst case scenario - it will leave your hair 'as is'

Update.... I used color oops on Friday and all Saturday I was reading LongHairCommunity forum about ladies removing the henna. So I applied today another package, kept it for 3 hours,
rinsed for 40 minutes and YES - my hair is5-6 tones lighter!!!!!!

So, looks like hennaed hair needs much longer application. I'm so glad it worked !

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by nsugga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Would NOT buy this again. Buy the loreal color remover. The color oops wasn't effective as I hoped lifted my black color maybe a .5 if there was a such thing. Smell wasn't horrible had a fan blasting n incense going surprisingly enough the bf didn't say any thing about the smell. I have the loreal color remover in my hair right now and it's 100% better already as far as "removing" color. Don't spend ur 12 bucks on this. I went out of my way to Sally's in search for this and they didn't have it so I went to walgreens and found it there. Debated on the loreal and color oops grabbed the color oops and the next day had to go back for the loreal one.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by hilbilly534

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this stuff does work... however it made my roots lighter than the bottoms of my hair.. i think thats just cause i've dyed it dark brown so many times and if I had used another box i feel like I would have gotten good results....
the thing that wont make me buy this again is the smell.... omg terrible. I can handle it for the hour its in my hair thats not big deal.. but it literally lingered in my hair until about 3 weeks later when I dyed it again.. overall this is a good product but only use it if you really messed up not worth the after smell