April 20, 2014 | 1521 users online

Treatments - Extra Strength Hair Color Remover - Color Oops

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by tanyab2007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Even thou this product didn't work on my hair - I like the idea of it.
I tried to lighten my hennaed hair. I know that instructions say that the product doesn't work on henna, but I read about good result with henna and decided to try.
Many complained about the smell. Well... For me it brought back some memories of 80ties and hair salons in Eastern Europe....I almost became nostalgic :-)
Washing it off for 20 minutes was the hardest part. My face turned red and my husband was seriously concerned about me fainting there in the bathtub.... I shampooed it 4 times during those 20 minutes. My hair felt squeky clean. No damage whatsoever. After this I put deep conditioner and left it for 20 minutes.
Hair has same healthy glow I always have (I use only henna). The shampoos and conditioners I'm using are from organic store and they have only natural ingredients....
The verdict..... I don't see any difference in color. However, my husband says it became lighter.
My advice - if you are desperate, try it. Worst case scenario - it will leave your hair 'as is'

Update.... I used color oops on Friday and all Saturday I was reading LongHairCommunity forum about ladies removing the henna. So I applied today another package, kept it for 3 hours,
rinsed for 40 minutes and YES - my hair is5-6 tones lighter!!!!!!

So, looks like hennaed hair needs much longer application. I'm so glad it worked !

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by nsugga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Would NOT buy this again. Buy the loreal color remover. The color oops wasn't effective as I hoped lifted my black color maybe a .5 if there was a such thing. Smell wasn't horrible had a fan blasting n incense going surprisingly enough the bf didn't say any thing about the smell. I have the loreal color remover in my hair right now and it's 100% better already as far as "removing" color. Don't spend ur 12 bucks on this. I went out of my way to Sally's in search for this and they didn't have it so I went to walgreens and found it there. Debated on the loreal and color oops grabbed the color oops and the next day had to go back for the loreal one.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by hilbilly534

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this stuff does work... however it made my roots lighter than the bottoms of my hair.. i think thats just cause i've dyed it dark brown so many times and if I had used another box i feel like I would have gotten good results....
the thing that wont make me buy this again is the smell.... omg terrible. I can handle it for the hour its in my hair thats not big deal.. but it literally lingered in my hair until about 3 weeks later when I dyed it again.. overall this is a good product but only use it if you really messed up not worth the after smell

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by ChristinainOttawa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can not rave enough about this product. It exceeded my expectations by far.

My hair history is pretty bland, other than a bleach blond experiment 15 years ago, I've kept my dark brown hair in it's natural state. I keep my hair fairly long (at my bra- line) and I don't blow dry, straighten, colour or otherwise mess with it. I wash it, let it dry on its own. That's the extent of it.

UNTIL ... I noticed the sun had faded my ends a lighter colour than my roots and the rest of the hair shaft so I decided to buy a dark brown semi-permanent colour FROM THE DRUGSTORE (red flags waving wildly here ..) to match my ends to my roots. I used L'Oreal Healthy Look Creme Gloss in Darkest Brown. GONG! There wasn't a HINT of brown in that box, it turned out closer to a shoe-polish black! My hair was darker than my black cats fur. Great on him, GROSS on me. I lived with it for a week or more and then read 'fix-it' reviews that suggested clarifying shampoo, Dawn dish soap, baking soda ... etc. Tried them all, none worked. Still black. I read about Color Oops but was afraid to try it because I didn't want any further chemicals on my hair.

The day my daughter told me black hair color made me look OLDER is the day I RAN to the Drug Store and bought Color Oops. I committed to trying it and decided if it sucked, I'd just get help from a professional that knows what they're doing (which I should have done in the first place). So I tried Color Oops, followed the directions to the LETTER and was shocked by how well it worked. My natural dark brown is BACK and my hair is still shiny and healthy! AND ... only $15 (CDN).

A lot of reviews talk about how awful the smell is and say that it smells like farts for a month after using. This is only a little bit true. There is a sulphurous smell but it's not outrageous and was gone from my washroom within the hour (with the window open). They recommend two boxes for long or thick hair, but I have long hair to the middle of my back and I only used one box. I highly recommend this product for correcting 'too dark' color jobs!! Happy, Happy, Happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by cnikolinka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first review, ever. I decided this product is worth the time and effort. Basically, it works and that's all that matters to me. I mean until yesterday I believed that getting rid of a dark hair color is only possible by bleaching it or gradually highlighting it. So this blew my mind.

My story is pretty simple. I've gone through many colors and the color I had prior to having it dyed pitch black is an ombre style blond. I didn't ask fot black fyi. I wanted a dark brown. So clearly I was disappointed. Once my pretty light (dirty blondish) roots started showing, I felt gross. So despite my promise to myself that im done with dyes (since I have quite thin wavy hair that would fall off in crazy amounts lately which freaked me out) I was desperate to do something. I figured my safest bet would be going as close as possible to my root color in order to be finally able to grow it out.

So here started my little seeking adventure for a suited color without needing to bleach. So I found this online and long story short I went to walgreens at 6 am (couldn't sleep) and purchased this along with a "neutrogenas triple nutrition hair mask" since that's what reviewers recommend. I tried it. Conditioned my hair after (which btw I found two awesome products in one night because the mask seemed to work wonders too and it's the first deep conditioner that didn't make me strands of hair) but anyway, back to the oops... I woke up with the ideal color, not my natural but pretty darn close. Its a medium chocolate brown. Now I can just add a few sun kissed hughlights and I'll be a happy camper.

So overall. The product works, isn't too harsh, doesn't it turn your hair orange or anything like that, and it's cheap and saves you time money and the unhealthy hustle of forcing a light color on your dark hair color. Yes the smell is pretty awful, but I can care less. It'll go away with an exta wash or so

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Yououghtaknow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I moved to the beach I got the bright idea to use sun-in on my hair. After a few months it turned an awful color so I decided to color it a light brown. After about two weeks it faded and was nowhere close to my natural color, so I decided to try one more time. I used a dark brown color and it was way too dark, almost black! I found this product at Walgreens on sale for $10.00. I was very nervous to use this because most reviews said it wouldn't work on dark hair. I followed the directions exactly and it actually worked so much better than I predicted. My hair is now almost exactly it's natural color, brown with red tones. I am so happy with this product. My hair is about shoulder length and very thick and curly but one box was enough. Follow the directions and use as soon as possible, I think it helps. Oh and yes the smell is awful but it's worth it

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

( I used this on 100% human remy hair extensions from BellaMi hair which I died black and wanted them to return to their blonde color they came in)

I didn't think it smelt like rotten eggs, smells more of a dental office in my opinion
I had previously dyed my hair black 3 times and they are now a light ginger brown (orignally blonde)

EDIT: I made the mistake of not rinsing but instead letting it soak in hot water.. BIG MISTAKE
do NOT let it soak.. definitley rinse otherwise the color will not come out.. it started processing and then suddenly just went to a very very dark brown. This was my fault. If you rinse, this will work.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by TexasScorpio

You always want what you can't have. I'm a natural ash blonde and on a whim, I decided I wanted to be a red head. I paid a student at the Paul Mitchell school who in turn, gave me orange hair with neon green highlights. I was mortified. The next day, I ran to Walgreens and saw Color Oops for the first time. I tried it and the results weren't great, but better than it was before. My hair turned BRIGHT golden blonde (golds aren't good on me. I have cool undertones). BUT, the green and orange were gone. A few hours later I applied Wella T10 toner and got my natural shade back. Whew!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by openocean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am really impressed with this stuff. A few weeks ago I bleached my brown hair to a coppery blond, then the next day dyed it bright red. All it took was one bottle for my almost-shoulder length hair to go from the ugly faded red, to the bleach blond it was before. There are still yellowy tones in it, but one box of ash blond will fix that! Oh, and it smells pretty foul, so be sure to spray some air freshener/purfume/incense to counteract the funk!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like most people, I was afraid to try this. All I could think of was my hair looking patchy and uneven. I watched you tube videos and read message boards and decided to first try removing the dye with vitamin c. Basically taking vitamin c powder or crystals, some people even used vitamin c capsules and crushed them, and added it to shampoo. I used about a quarter of a cup of crystals and enough shampoo (doesn't matter what kind) making enough to cover my hair wrapped it in a plastic shower cap for about 45 minutes and rinsed. I did this three times which completely removed the last dye I used in my hair. My auburn hair was now very light brown. Still I wasn't satisfied so I used the maximum strength color oops. My hair is long but thin and one box was enough to cover everything. And yeah the smell. Like rotten fruit and farts. Mixed put on hair and covered with two plastic shower caps just for a little more heat. 20 minutes later I was left with this really pretty honey blonde. My hair was completely even just a bit dry. It took years of dye out because its been a long time since I've seen blonde. Worked better than I thought it would. I would suggest vitamin c first just to help your hair along. Also, depending on the quality of the dye you use also makes a difference. I only use box dye so maybe that stuff comes out easier. If you usually get your hair colored at a salon, you may need to do this more than once.