April 20, 2014 | 1949 users online

Cleansers - Trilogy - Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by reverendgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

It's about time I reviewed this cleanser! Even though I have combination/oily skin, this has to be one of my favourite. My skin feels so soft after I use it! I've found after years of using those drying products targeted to oily and acne-prone skin that gentle and nourishing is best. As good as it feels to be literally squeaky clean after cleansing, it just doesn't do my skin a lot of good. Trilogy's Cleansing Cream gets rid of the day's dirt and excess oil no more and no less than it should. It isn't so creamy and gentle that it doesn't do anything, yet when my skin was pimply and irritated after a bad breakout it both calmed and cleansed at the same time. It does a good job at removing makeup too, better than I expected. It won't remove all of my waterproof mascara but it takes off a decent amount. I now use less than half the makeup remover I usually would to get rid of the excess. I'd recommend this cleanser to people with all skin types, including oily and acne-prone. If your skin is very oily you may only need the lightest of moisturisers or your SPF over the top as this leaves your skin so soft and plump after use. Gently is the way to go with skin care and since I've adopted that approach, my stubborn acne has reduced significantly.
Oh and, lastly, the smell. A lovely, herbal rose! It makes it even more of a joy to put on. I never usually think comments on a product's smell are relevant as it's so subjective but I just had to say how much I love it! I don't imagine it will bother skins sensitive to fragrance either as it comes from the product's botanical ingredients rather than an added fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by maybemay1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very happy with this. Because of my dry skin, I have always preferred cream cleansers (such as Liz Earle C&P) and I am a convert to Trilogy's products now. I have had this bottle (classy-looking, glass with a nifty pump) for what must be nearly a year now and I still have some left! Granted, I don't always use it day and night every day, but it does last ages and you only need a tiny amount! You can use it on dry or wet skin (goes further on wet). It cleans well but most importantly for me, my skin does not feel tight afterwards. In fact, sometimes I forget to put night moisturiser on because it feels so good! Highly recommended. Plus all the natural ingredients and the ethics that personally I find important.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Another fail for me, when it comes to organic cleansers. I soo wanted to love this one, because it has such incredibly good ingredients and comes from such a lovely brand. But honestly, this cleanser didnīt work for me.
I bought it as a trial size in a christmas gift pack, together with a trial size of the vital moisturizer and the rosehip oil. Thankfully, the rosehip oil really worked for me and was the original size of 20 ml, so the 23 Euros werenīt wasted money.
I dindīt get a really clean feeling on my skin, but a film seemed to build on my skin. And I never use gel or foam cleansers and normally use Cetaphil, so Iīm used to gentle, creamy cleansers, that leave a clean, but not squeaky clean skin.
And my skin was feeling, but this happens with almost every organic skincare product, like it was on the verge of an allergic reaction.
It has something to do with the oils or waxes in the cleanser, but no matter which ingredient, I simply cannot use this cleanser.
I donīt believe that itīs clogging pores. I checked the ingredients before buying it, because my pores clog easily.
For my skin, the ingredients would have worked as far as I can judge.
If your skin tolerates organic skincare products, try it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very nice product. The consistency is that of a lotion, but it actually feels very moisturising on application. I just rinse off with water and its a very effective make up remover (although I only wear very light make up) and doesn't leave behind a residue. It's pretty expensive and I prefer other cleansers, for example the Weleda Almond cleanser, so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm clearly in a minority when it comes to this cleanser: not a big fan.
I've been using a 30ml trial size mostly for washing my face in the morning, it lasts for ages I must say.
First of all, this isn't really a cream, it has the consistency of a lotion. I find it works better if your face is not wet because otherwise the skin doesn't seem to hold the product very well.
For the first few times I used this, I couldn't get past the smell. It felt nauseating. To be honest, there's only 1 Trilogy product I like the smell of and it's the Spray mist. This scent is the worst of all and it lingers for a long time, especially if you're not used to it.
As for the cleansing itself, I have no complaints. It didn't broke me out, it didn't dry my skin, it did the job. When I used it to remove make-up with a hot cloth it did a nice job but I felt that the cloth didn't slide well over my face, the product made it stick a little in places and it was difficult to make smooth cleaning movements.
Overall, I'd prefer a creamier formula and please without the terrible scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 7:06:00 AM More reviews by nols

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this cleanser based on the excellent reviews here and have to say that I'm glad I did. I have dry, sensitive, pigmented skin and in the 2 months that I've been using this cleanser, am very happy with it. The product itself is very creamy much like a typical moisturizer, feels soft and silky when applied to the skin and does not foam. The scent is lovely, a cross between floral & herbal. I dispense a small amount of product (about the size of my pinkie finger nail), mix with a few drops of water and gently massage onto my face and neck. I then emulsify with more water and rinse. Because of the lush scent and feel of the product, I feel like I’m having my own little spa ritual at home :) I love that this cream cleanser is easily removed with just water and leaves the skin perfectly clean and not feeling stripped/taught or dry. The product is packaged in a 200ml amber glass bottle with a pump dispenser. Because of the size, weight & fragility of the glass packaging you probably won’t want to travel with it, but it can be easily dispensed into a jar/plastic bottle. My absolute favourite cream cleanser and another winner from Trilogy.

Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Spring Water), Glycerin, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cetearyl Wheat Straw Glycosides & Cetearyl Al, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Oil, Ormenis Multicaulis (Chamomile Flower) Oil, citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum, Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, *Components of Natural Essential Oils

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by VoR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just before Christmas my skin turned into what can only be described as a hormonal disaster zone! It became horribly congested with blocked pores, developed a dull and uneven tone and began to react to even my most long-standing products. In desperation I decided to go back to basics and having read great reviews of the all organic Trilogy line I invested in a few core products and set about trying to rescue my face!

As a starting points go they don't get much better than this cleansing cream - its fabulous! It's very gentle, smells lovely and does a great job, it's even gentle enough to use as an eye make-up remover (though I must admit that I prefer to use a separate dedicated product for this job) I use this to remove my make up and although this one can be rinsed off, I generally tissue off and then use the Trilogy face wash with my Clarisonic Mia.

After years of trying every brand on the block I'm thrilled to have stumbled on a product which is not only effective and appears to suit my skin but is also very reasonably priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by kelka

I'm in my mid twenties with skin that is very prone to breakouts.

This cleanser is so lovely and gentle, but thoroughly cleans my skin! I feel so fresh and and have lovely soft skin each and every time I use this, I've been using it for 6 months now and it hasn't caused any problems for my skin whatsoever.

Love it, can't recommend it enough, and it's all natural!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by cloudpaper

I have got oily and acne and sensitive skin and i react to most products with LSL. This product is organic but it leaves your skin with oil residual after cleaning and i feel my pores are producing more oil as it tries to breath through. The smell is very strong and last for ages which means it does have a strong essential oils. Wont recommend for sensitive skin, especially if you have oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by jfing01

I am amazed at this cleanser. I needed to switch to something more gentle than my usual clinque mild cleanser as I have been a bit stressed out and have developed ezema patches on my face. I decided to look at more natural options and decided to give it a try based on the reviews here. I am so happy I did. It is mild and calms my skin whilst still thoroughly cleaning it, instead of feeling dry and tight like it usually does after cleansing it just feels calm and soft. A big one for me, as cream cleansers are notorious for this, is that I have now been using it for 5 days and it has not made my combo skin break out. I could not be happier with this product.