September 30, 2014 | 1165 users online

Cleansers - Trilogy - Cream Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love, love love Trilogy products. I have battled a weird combination of mild eczema, dry skin with the bonus of sporadic breakouts/blackheads (attractive). So products for dry sensitive skin would cause breakouts and those for breakouts would exacerbate the irritation. I have tried everything then came Trilogy. People now comment on my skin and ask what I use. This is an absolute first for me, miracle!!!!
I use this cleanser or the amazing Age-proof enzyme cleanser followed by their rosehip oil.Please note I double cleanse if wearing long-ware makeup or waterproof sunscreen My skin is now clear, supple, and dare I say glowing??
I cannot rave enough about this cleanser or the other cleanser (I cannot find an entry to review it separately).
Another bonus I have found is that these cleansers also remove waterproof sunscreen wonderfully. Each summer I would get horrible blackheads when using waterproof sunscreen daily, this summer nada!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never liked cream cleansers despite it being good for the increasingly dry parts of my combination-dry skin. I bought the trilogy travel set and this was included in it. I tried it one day and went "Woah! What is this feeling?" It was soothing and refreshing at the same time! I have never associated the word "refreshing" with any of the cream cleansers I have tried (And I have tried plenty). The best part is that it rinses clean, with no ickiness like you still have product on your face. And my skins feels velvety after that! Smells lovely, like what you'd get entering a spa. I learned how to remove waterproof mascara with it from the SA. You add a drop or two of their rose hip oil to it and voila! It's gone!! Am using the full sized bottle now. HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by gkitten25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really like this cleanser, I know because I managed to finish the whole bottle. I'm a nightmare with my beauty products, especially cleansers, always looking for something better, so I usually never use one up completely before moving on to the next. I

have combination to oily skin and I am prone to acne flare ups from time to time. I bought this as I was looking for something gentle to cleanse off my makeup, that wouldn't strip my skin of it's natural oils, and this really did the trick. I would either use it on my face when it was dry, or slightly damp. I would agree with a previous user who said that if your face is wet it tends to slide off a bit so I would usually just wet my hands and pat them on my face to give it a bit of moisture first. Once rubbed in for a minute or so, I would rinse with water or use a warm face cloth (which is really nice) to take off the cleanser, this leave your skin feeling silky soft. Every other day I would mix a little bit of my Clinique seven day scrub into the cleanser, I find that if I don't exfoliate every few days I tend to get little blocked pores. The scrub mixed in with this cleanser managed to exfoliate and nourish my skin and it always felt great afterwards. The smell is lovely, very natural and like something from a Spa, the bottle is great too and the glass bottle give off a really high quality look, but the best part is the pump at the top, really hygienic and gives out just the right amount of the product. But also when I came to the end of the bottle, I was able to unscrew the pump and pour it onto my hand to make sure that I got use of the whole bottle. Didn't break me out at all, and helped with past acne marks and skin texture, I think the rosehip in it helps a lot!

I have since switched to another Trilogy product, the age proof enzyme cleanser, not because I didn't like this one, but like I said I am forever changing my products, I like that the age proof has exfoliating enzymes in it (although it is still a smooth cream, no grains). This lathers up every so slight is as well which is nice and holds better on your face if it is wet, I never use this one directly on dry skin and don't need to add an exfoliate into it, really liking it so far...can't say enough good things about trilogy products.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by reverendgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

It's about time I reviewed this cleanser. Even though I have combination/oily skin, this is my favourite cleanser. My skin feels so soft after I use it. I've found after years of using drying products targeted at acne-prone skin that they do more harm than good. Gentle and nourishing is best. As good as it feels to be literally squeaky clean after cleansing, it just doesn't do my skin a lot of good. Trilogy's Cleansing Cream gets rid of the day's dirt, makeup and excess oil but doesn't over-cleanse. It isn't so creamy and gentle that it doesn't do anything, yet when my skin was pimply and irritated after a bad breakout it calmed and cleansed at the same time. In regards to makeup removal, it handles everything but mascara perfectly so I simply remove my mascara prior to cleansing.

I'd recommend this cleanser to people with all skin types, including oily and acne-prone. My skin can be quite sensitive at times and I have no problem with this cleanser, in fact it helps calm my skin when it's irritated.

UPDATE: As of 2014, this cleanser has been reformulated. It's still my favourite and, in fact, it's better than ever. It has a thicker, creamier, more luxurious texture. The ingredients appear more-or-less the same, with a few changes in the order in which they appear. Sweet almond oil has now swapped with glycerin as the second ingredient in the list. I've been able to compare the two formulations and the newest one seems to cleanse better as well. I'll continue using this as my #1 cleanser in the years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by maybemay1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very happy with this. Because of my dry skin, I have always preferred cream cleansers (such as Liz Earle C&P) and I am a convert to Trilogy's products now. I have had this bottle (classy-looking, glass with a nifty pump) for what must be nearly a year now and I still have some left! Granted, I don't always use it day and night every day, but it does last ages and you only need a tiny amount! You can use it on dry or wet skin (goes further on wet). It cleans well but most importantly for me, my skin does not feel tight afterwards. In fact, sometimes I forget to put night moisturiser on because it feels so good! Highly recommended. Plus all the natural ingredients and the ethics that personally I find important.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Another fail for me, when it comes to organic cleansers. I soo wanted to love this one, because it has such incredibly good ingredients and comes from such a lovely brand. But honestly, this cleanser didnīt work for me.
I bought it as a trial size in a christmas gift pack, together with a trial size of the vital moisturizer and the rosehip oil. Thankfully, the rosehip oil really worked for me and was the original size of 20 ml, so the 23 Euros werenīt wasted money.
I dindīt get a really clean feeling on my skin, but a film seemed to build on my skin. And I never use gel or foam cleansers and normally use Cetaphil, so Iīm used to gentle, creamy cleansers, that leave a clean, but not squeaky clean skin.
And my skin was feeling, but this happens with almost every organic skincare product, like it was on the verge of an allergic reaction.
It has something to do with the oils or waxes in the cleanser, but no matter which ingredient, I simply cannot use this cleanser.
I donīt believe that itīs clogging pores. I checked the ingredients before buying it, because my pores clog easily.
For my skin, the ingredients would have worked as far as I can judge.
If your skin tolerates organic skincare products, try it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very nice product. The consistency is that of a lotion, but it actually feels very moisturising on application. I just rinse off with water and its a very effective make up remover (although I only wear very light make up) and doesn't leave behind a residue. It's pretty expensive and I prefer other cleansers, for example the Weleda Almond cleanser, so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm clearly in a minority when it comes to this cleanser: not a big fan.
I've been using a 30ml trial size mostly for washing my face in the morning, it lasts for ages I must say.
First of all, this isn't really a cream, it has the consistency of a lotion. I find it works better if your face is not wet because otherwise the skin doesn't seem to hold the product very well.
For the first few times I used this, I couldn't get past the smell. It felt nauseating. To be honest, there's only 1 Trilogy product I like the smell of and it's the Spray mist. This scent is the worst of all and it lingers for a long time, especially if you're not used to it.
As for the cleansing itself, I have no complaints. It didn't broke me out, it didn't dry my skin, it did the job. When I used it to remove make-up with a hot cloth it did a nice job but I felt that the cloth didn't slide well over my face, the product made it stick a little in places and it was difficult to make smooth cleaning movements.
Overall, I'd prefer a creamier formula and please without the terrible scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 7:06:00 AM More reviews by nols

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this cleanser based on the excellent reviews here and have to say that I'm glad I did. I have dry, sensitive, pigmented skin and in the 2 months that I've been using this cleanser, am very happy with it. The product itself is very creamy much like a typical moisturizer, feels soft and silky when applied to the skin and does not foam. The scent is lovely, a cross between floral & herbal. I dispense a small amount of product (about the size of my pinkie finger nail), mix with a few drops of water and gently massage onto my face and neck. I then emulsify with more water and rinse. Because of the lush scent and feel of the product, I feel like I’m having my own little spa ritual at home :) I love that this cream cleanser is easily removed with just water and leaves the skin perfectly clean and not feeling stripped/taught or dry. The product is packaged in a 200ml amber glass bottle with a pump dispenser. Because of the size, weight & fragility of the glass packaging you probably won’t want to travel with it, but it can be easily dispensed into a jar/plastic bottle. My absolute favourite cream cleanser and another winner from Trilogy.

Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Spring Water), Glycerin, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cetearyl Wheat Straw Glycosides & Cetearyl Al, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Oil, Ormenis Multicaulis (Chamomile Flower) Oil, citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum, Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, *Components of Natural Essential Oils

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by VoR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just before Christmas my skin turned into what can only be described as a hormonal disaster zone! It became horribly congested with blocked pores, developed a dull and uneven tone and began to react to even my most long-standing products. In desperation I decided to go back to basics and having read great reviews of the all organic Trilogy line I invested in a few core products and set about trying to rescue my face!

As a starting points go they don't get much better than this cleansing cream - its fabulous! It's very gentle, smells lovely and does a great job, it's even gentle enough to use as an eye make-up remover (though I must admit that I prefer to use a separate dedicated product for this job) I use this to remove my make up and although this one can be rinsed off, I generally tissue off and then use the Trilogy face wash with my Clarisonic Mia.

After years of trying every brand on the block I'm thrilled to have stumbled on a product which is not only effective and appears to suit my skin but is also very reasonably priced.