August 23, 2014 | 1092 users online

Primer/ Corrector - LORAC - Oil-Free Neutralizer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by MellyBelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product daily for almost 6 months and am just now to the point where I am going to need to purchase another bottle. I am quite fair but tend to get some redness around nose and on cheeks and this cancels the red like nobody's business. Thanks to this product I use less foundation/concealer to even out my skin. The only faults I can find are that it can be a little drying and the pump bottle can squirt a little erratically at times which means I not only have to clean my vanity, but I've also wasted product. Overall, this product is worth the money and I shall repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by sillylily0204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What can I say besides you get what you pay for. Yes, this is pricier than most neutralizers out there, at least the ones I've tried, which include drugstore and higher end ones. BUT you really don't need anything else after trying this! I've only used it 3-4 times, but every single time, I am amazed at how the redness on my skin simply disappears! The thing that is holding me back on keeping it is the price, so I keep trying to see if I won't like it each time I use it - except I love it more and more each time. Needless to say, this is a keeper. I'm sad to part with my other concealers/tinted moisturizers/illuminators but this will last me awhile as a little goes a long way. Plus, I won't have to hesitate on whether it'll work for me or not. I'm Asian so very light skin with yellow undertones so this greenish yellow color worked great for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is unlike anything else I've used - either as a primer or neutralizer. Right when you put it on you can instantly see the redness go away. This is like a luminizing lotion/primer in terms of consistency - it isn't think, but isn't entirely runny. I don't notice any scent to this. This applies nicely and also instantly satinifies your face - I say satinify instead of mattify, because mattifying to me is completely matte and the finish of this isn't completely matte. The pump is good - 1-2 pumps will cover my entire face. If you have a lot of redness to cover, or just a few spots, this will do the trick, and work as a primer at the same time!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Ever84

This really does limit "redness" and "add's" to that Matte look. I really like this in combo with the Lorac foundation. Would buy again. Little goes a long way...might be helpful on dry winter days to reduce redness, covers red marks from blemishes, and I could see it might be good for if you got too much sun and need to cover up a sunburn.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by PoesAnnabellee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the wonderful employees at Sephora applied this product for me during one of my trips to the store. I was thrilled with the results and decided to purchase it. I didn't dislike it at all until about halfway through the bottle. I realized that I kept having to use more and more of the product to get the desired effect. Layering on so much blocked up my pores, and caused breakouts to my VERY acne prone skin. This little irritants I ignored at first (for example : The liquid shooting out of the bottle unto my makeup table or pants, or the sticking pump) became downright maddening while rushing through my morning ablutions. It seemed to add insult to injury that I couldn't get the last bit of the primer out of the glass bottle. I talked to the girl at the store and asked her if she had ever had any problems with it, and aside from the packaging, she had remained happy with it. Clearly, this product works for some not others : it did not make my fair, sensitive, acne-prone, combo skin too happy.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by trapnest

i have used this on and off for the last month and on initial application i really liked this. I basically applied this like concealer with my fingers and only applied it to the areas of my face that are red. It did a REALLY good job at covering my redness, way better then any green primer ever could. Since i am extremely pale, asian(yellow undertone) and sort of have a natural white-ish undertone, the weird yellow/grayish toned product actually blended into my skin and I didn't need to wear any foundation over it. I just used some transparent powder over it to make it last all day and it looked like i wasn't wearing any makeup but had clear skin.

Now to the cons. Although i really loved how easy and low maintenance this was, i feel like it really dries out my already dry skin and although not immediately, may cause irritation after a while. Also, i HATE the pump this comes with. It is not easy to control and the product flies everywhere wasting a lot of product. Since i would only need pretty much half a pea size to cover my redness (nose, cheeks, chin and around brows) the amount the pump squirts out is unnecessary. Also, this product is almost $40 CAN which in my opinion, is really expensive and we can't buy from their website either.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Lori54

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'll admit I haven't read every single other review of this, but I read about 10-12 and no one mentions that this leaves your face sparkly. I was pretty excited when I first put it on, because I hate my ruddy face and it seemed to help the redness. I waited a little bit and when I looked again I am sparkling. That's not good. The pump is also very bad, gives out too much, like others said. It goes on pretty nice imo, and did a fair job helping the redness, but I can't use it because of the sparkling. Too bad.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by xxsweetDESiRExx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product!! I received it in a swap & I really think it works wonders! My natural skin is a bit red-toned (especially my nose which is usually more red than the rest of my face).

My makeup routine:
I apply Lorac Oil-free Neutralizer as my foundation base. This noticeably reduces the redness in my face and evens out my skintone. After that, I apply Clinique Superbalanced foundation. I find that I need LESS foundation when I apply Lorac Oil-free Neutralizer because it evens out my skintone quite nicely. I only need a bit of foundation for a nice "glow".

I definitely recommend this product! I haven't found anything that evens out skintone or redness like this product does!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by dreamlandlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: It does neutralize minor-moderate redness
Cons: It is super drying, which is strange considering it's made for sensitive skin, which is usually accompanied with dryness. It accentuates dry patches, and the packaging is horrible... you can't control how much product comes out of the pump, so you always end up either using more than you need, or wasting product. This is a major con, considering the price of this ( about $40 canadian). I'm going to try and mix it with my moisturizer, it does say it works best when used with lorac aquaprime before. Maybe I'll try that out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by swcook2005

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only corrector I've found that actually covers my redness around my nose and cheeks without either highlighting the area or turing it grey....
I have suffered from severe redness for about 2 yrs and have tried sooooo many products (green corrector under foundation goes grey I've found) and this one makes my skin the same color so I can blush/bronze and highlight where I want it...

Cons...bit thick but I attempt to only pump 1/2 pumps, not very successful and its hard to get out once the pump wont pump anymore...

Overall I will purchase again as I've tried almost every other HE corrector and none have concealed my redness the way this one does...