Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Ozokerite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera {Candelilla} Wax), Tocopherol, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), MICA, Black 2 (CI 77266), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 77470).

on 2/18/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a retractable long lasting eyeliner to replace my Mac one which I definitely love. But I somehow finish it very quickly. Most probably because it is very soft and I break it easily. As I am trying to reduce my makeup expenses lately, I opened MakeUp Alley and looked for a replacement. Considering the number of the reviews and the average rating, I decided to try Revlon Colorstay eyeliner. When I went to buy, I liked the colour range which was really extensive, so I bought 2, one black and one brown. The result: Overall it is a very good product. Very long lasting eyeliner, it is not easily coming out, it did not smudge even though I've tried once to do smokey eyes but I think because I was a bit late, the brush on the back did not work. The only thing that bothered me was the tip of the pen is not fixed, as it is unstable, moving all the time it is difficult to draw a perfect line, especially on the upper lid. Would I buy it again? Yes, I may buy it but only if I travel abroad and find it for a cheaper price. For what I have paid in here, nope, not again.

on 2/18/2015 11:49:00 AM

This was my HG eyeliner for many years; had it in the black and black brown. I loved it because I never had to worry about it smudging and giving me raccoon eyes. However, Revlon has changed the formula recently. It now comes with a small smudger on the other end. They definitely have changed the formula because it use to last the whole day without much smudging and now it smudges on me within an hour, giving me raccoon eyes just in a few hours. Why do companies do this, such a great product and then go and change it. I guess I will have to look for something else out there now, unless I can get my hands on the old formula!

on 2/17/2015 1:35:00 PM

I have supremely oily lids, and I've trolled makeupalley forever to be pointed in the right direction. This, this, at last, is the one! It's dry and un-smudgeable, which is exactly what I need. I found that whenever the reviews are "creamy, smudgeable, glides like a dream," those are the ones I should probably stay away from (like UD 24/7 pencil eyeliner, which after 2hrs has given me a blackish shadow under my eye). This one stays put even without a primer.

My only beef is the packaging, I'm not a fan of the little pencil sharpener included. It's tiny and you need a surgeon's steady hands to sharpen it with miniscule hand movements--a single twitch can break off a chunk (which I've done many times). But the price is fantastic! I have it in both black and brown for an everyday, just-line-it-and-get-out-of-the-house kind of look.

on 2/3/2015 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this product for 5 years now. It comes in a wide range of shades such as black ( which is a true dark black), black brown, brown, charcoal, amethyst, jade, sapphire ( this is one of most beautiful shade of sapphire, topaz.
I bought this eyeliner in every shade except for topaz. The colors are so beautiful and vibrant. The eyeliner lasts for a good 16 hours without smudging if used alone. It's lasting time can be prolonged if set with eye shadow. It's waterproof so washing it off with just water can be a struggle . But it can be taken off easily if you use baby oil or a makeup remover of your choice. It glides on effortlessly and it is so pigmented. The colors are definitely intense so if you're looking for a sheer eyeliner then this is not for you.

Pros:
1) Very long lasting
2) Affordable.
3) Pigmented
4) Glides on easily
5) Does not smudge easily
6) Can be taken off easily with baby oil or makeup remover.
7) Colors are very intense.
8) Waterproof
9) Does not cause irritation.

Cons:
1) The colors are very intense so if you're looking for something sheer then this is not for you.
2) It's hard to take off with just water.
3) It does not smudge, so if you want a smudged eyeliner look than this is not for you. Unless you smudge it with a brush before it dries.

I love this product and I will definitely recommend this to everyone who appreciates color in their eyes. There is a wide range of shades so you can use any color to bring out your eyes.

on 1/23/2015 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this eyeliner for over 20 years. The package may change, but the product is always amazing. The black is very black and it stays in place. It never feathers or rubs off. I have even swam in this eyeliner and it does not come off. Okay so taking it off can be a challenge, but use Olay daily facials gently and it comes off. Eye makeup removers are too harsh on my eye lids, even the expensive brands. When there is a buy 1, get 1 free, I stock up. You can find good deals on this if you search for it.

on 12/21/2014 7:13:00 PM

I've used this ever since I started wearing makeup! It glides on very nicely and its a nice bold colour. One thing i find is that it can crumble and stain fabric easily, so be careful with that. But otherwise it is very very great and I always buy it

on 11/30/2014 11:13:00 PM

I love this eyeliner, I wear it with my everyday makeup. I canít tell you how many eyeliners Iíve tried. The different lines to the different types (gel, liquid etc.) I always end up buying this one again. Although there are some higher brands that have some of the same characteristics. This is a great drug store eyeliner.

best drug store pencil liner I've ever used, does not bleed below your eyes like you've been crying. upset because lately I haven't been able to find black anywhere!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This eyeliner is my baby and my holy grail!!! It's deeply pigmented and the tip is just the perfect size for people with small hooded lids like me! I never have to go back and re-color my eyeliner because it stays on so nicely, unless I wear it for more than 4-5 hours because I have oily eyelids.

on 11/10/2014 11:46:00 PM

This eyeliner is amazing! Although it bleeds and makes me look like I've been crying for hours, it is phenomenal! It is so creamy, and its so easy to apply!