July 31, 2014 | 1700 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know it works well for a lot of other people but unfortunately for me I was left really disappointed. I found that it didn't help my foundation sit any better than with just having my moisturiser and foundation on. It did nothing for oil control throughout the day, I still got shiny and oily on my t-zone and probably even more so with this primer on, not only that but it looked like my make up was melting and disintegrating after just a few hours which was unusual for me before using this primer. For these reasons I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Jabi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best primer by far, for someone like myself that struggles with oilness. I bought Mac blot pressed powder and I thought that was good until I tried this one. From now one it's going to be my HG. And YES I would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by christine91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a week now and before that i did not use primer at all. I must say, that was a big misstake! I love that this primer has SPF50 because my face cream does not have any and a want to stay young ;)

I would recommend this to everyone :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by IfeAde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The most important thing for my makeup routine!!! Perfect for oily skin !!!! Before I found this primer I was using an Avon primer which did nothing for me. This truly is AMAZING

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 6:36:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and this kept my oily forehead matt and my dry cheeks doesn't look dry. Its a thick silicony texture, does not feel greasy, my skin feels velvety smooth after. I love this and use this mainly as a sunblock. I use a light moisturizer underneath and this feels amazing! Sweat resistant, has a very light fresh scent and i love the packaging. Its opaque squeeze tube, very convenient to use and hassle free.

Highly recommended!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by taoat

This is probably the best face primers I've tried up to date. It works miracles! I tend to get oily throughout the day and this primer helps control that shine! It comes out as a thick, white cream and pretty easy to apply. The quality itself is amazing but the packaging and price not so much especially for the size :/
I would probably get this again but use it for special occasions since I wear makeup every day and I would go through these bottles like crazy! I would suggest a more inexpensive alternative if you don't have the money like I. Story of a broke college student. D:

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Galletly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the single best beauty product I have ever purchased. I can't beleive I battled with skin that was constantly shiny/oily for so long when I could have been using this.

Not only does it prevent shine, it smooths out my skin so that make-up sits really well on top of it and doesn't slide off even after a full day at the office. I was worried it would break me out because I have pimple-prone skin, but in the six months of using it my skin has been really good.

I should mention that this is the first primer I've ever used so maybe all the others work in the same way, but it's awesome that this one is SPF50. I used to hate putting greasy sunscreen on my face in summer and this is the perfect solution.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I bought this product for the summer because I wanted some extra protection
for my skin. My mum started getting age spots due, which I guess are partially due to
overexposure to the sun and I don't want the same happening to my skin.
This product is great because it's a primer and a sunscreen in one and it doesn't feel greasy like
most sunscreens I have tried and it absorbs easily into my skin.

This product has SPF50/PA++ which means that it protects against UVA and UVB rays,
which is great because a lot of cosmetic products only have a SPF, meaning only UVB
rays are blocked.
It is formulated to help prevent skin discolouration and premature aging from damaging UV rays. Zinc Oxide and Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate are added to absorb UV rays. The formula contains Vitamin E (an antioxidant) to help protect the skin from environmental damage and humectants that help the skin retain its moisture. It contains oil-absorbing ingredients, like Silica Dimethyl Silylate. The formula helps to create a soft focus effect on the skin.

Ideally you want something that blocks both types of UV rays because even though UVB
is responsible to causing the tanning, UVA rays penetrate the skin more deeply and actually
causing long-term damage that only show in 15-20 years.

I would definitely repurchase this product and use it not only for the summer but
throughout the year.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Because my skin is extremely prone to clogged pores, oiliness and acne; I am very particular about what products I use. Recently, I’ve gotten my acne under control with LRP’s Effaclar line, and I’ve found that this primer from MAC has helped a lot. It does not break me out at all and offers a very good base for makeup. It glides on and absorbs, is moisturizing, and subtly smooths out skin. My foundation stays in place throughout the day – but I’m not sure how much this is attributed to my foundation’s own staying power as I use ELC’s Double Wear. I am delighted that this offers sun protection, as I’m prone to pigmentation. Take caution though, it’s not super amazing as sunscreen, even though its SPF 50 – I recently spent 1-2 days under intense sun and I found that I still darkened a bit, but it was minimal and therefore excusable. It is quite pricey, but it comes in a very gorgeous tube (I love how it glimmers) and lasts for quite a while – I purchased this 3 months ago and have used it every single day and haven’t run out yet. I would definitely buy this again, I can see it becoming one of my staples. I would rate it 4.5 stars if I could – I’m still on the search for my 5 star HG product!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Rocklover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin and read on MUA that this is great for controlling oil - even though it's not advertised for that purpose. So I gave it a go and YES - it's the best oil control primer I have found to date.

A little goes a long way, I only apply a teensy amount to my nose (where I have oily issues) and it keeps me pretty well matte all day. I may have to blot once or top up powder, but not bad considering that normally I would be an oil slick within the first hour.

Will I repurchase? No. The reason is because apparently the formula has changed. I purchased my bottle in early 2012 and it's still going thank goodness....but I am starting to look for an alternative now:

Recently I have tried Mac prep and prime skin, She red rice primer, lanacane and desitin (yes weird, I know). With each one, I apply the new product to one side of my nose and my Mac 50+ to the other under makeup to judge which controls oil better. Mac 50+ has won every time. I'm worried I won't find anything to fill its shoes!!