August 29, 2014 | 1818 users online

Eye Shadow - BeneFit Cosmetics - Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in R.S.V.P.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I got this shadow as part of a set. It's a pale shimmery champagne cream shadow. I like to use it lash to brow with a winged liner and a bold lip. Great staying power over a primer. Look for it in one of Benefits great sets. I find them to be a great chance to sample products you might not otherwise try.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by prettygirl22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My sister had a small sample of the R.S.V.P. benefit creaseless eyeshadow that had been sitting in her drawer for years and decided that she didn't want it anymore and "graciously" gave it to me.

I don't waste makeup so I thought I'd try it out. Although it was COMPLETELY dry and the product had shrunk I still managed to scrape some onto my eyelids.

And let me tell you... I LOVE this product! Even with its expensive price tag and poor packaging (which is why I gave it a lower lippy).

It stayed on my eyes ALL day and is perfect for a pretty look for work. I work in a hot environment so I was impressed that it stayed on as long as it did, without a primer at that!

Although I loved this product I would definitely try to find dupes before repurchasing it.. cause lets be honest..thats in intolerable price for ONE eyeshadow!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by aishahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear this all over the lid + Mega Plush mascara to school most days. Purchased only a few months ago, it is now cracked, and dry, I always shut the lid. :( The color is easily duped by many different e/s I have, and the only pro left for me is that it really is creaseless...Not worth the money, get Maybelline's Color Tattoos instead. Oh, and the packaging is sturdy and really cute.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

RSVP acts like a subtly glossy highlighter and/or a base. Makes other colors used with it look even better. Very versatile. The texture is a silky pleasure to use. An instant favorite in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Sunny1212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this shadow!

It is so pretty and appears kind of a nude colour. It is a very neutral colour which is nice for every day.
This also adds a nice sparkle (nothing too much, though) to your eyelids which can brighten up your face!

It's not messy, and you can apply it with your finger or a small brush.

As for pricing, I think it was something like $18 for a tiny little jar. It lasts a long time, but you can probably get a similar cream eyeshadow for a fraction of the cost.

The packaging was great because it comes in a little glass jar with a plastic screw-on lid.

I applaude BeneFit for this product!!

*UPDATE*
I've had this product now for a long time… maybe too long. Even if I wanted to use it again, I don't think I could. It's gone all hard almost, and is difficult to apply. It's cake now, too. Yuck!
I also learned that Benefit may possibly test on animals, which is a big no-no for me. So I have taken away one lippie.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I simply adore these cream eyeshadows! I bought the shade "Flatter me" first (fabulous), and bought this wear during the day! I wear this everyday to school because I am literally out of my house for 13 hours a day. It doesn't budge and even when everything else is smudged, worn off, or looks dreadful this is still pristine! It's lasted over 24 hours without creasing with a primer. Amazing, sometimes for a little extra razzle dazzle I put Bare Minerals "Nude Beach" loose eyeshadow over top. Stunning! I will pick up more, and will most certainly repurchase this. The formula is so creamy and soft and the packaging is sturdy and great for transport.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by CrZyGrrrL479

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product and almost done with my 2nd pot! It doubles as an eyeshadow and primer for me. It seems a little pricey but this has lasted over a year for me and is still smooth and creamy. Easy when I'm in a hurry and a great color to brighten up my eyes!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by grace11103

I got this for half the price during boxing day. I thought what a steal since I generally adore Benefit cosmetics. However, this was even worse than what I ever expected. I don't know if I just got a bad pot, but it was very very dry, there was no point to use a brush as it didn't even pick up any hint of the product. I had to smear my finger around it very hard to 'warm' it up, and when I finally was able to get the product on my eyelid, it didn't even blend. I had a huge chunks of the product on my eyelid and no matter how much i rubbed with my fingers, it just stayed stuck..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

What kept me from giving this a 2 rather than a 3 is the fact that there's generally really good reviews for this product, and I think I got unlucky twice!

Like most people, I wanted a very easy to apply cream shadow in a neutral but pretty color for quick looks. It's difficult for me to find a gold/champagne shade that doesn't look orange on my NW15 skin. I was thrilled when I swatched R.S.V.P. at Sephora on the back of my hand; the color was very pretty and soft and not at all harsh! I bought a little pot immediately. When I pulled it out of the box at home, the lid was completely unscrewed (but still on top of the pot, if that makes sense) and the shadow felt bone dry. It was pulling away from the edges of the glass, and I was very disappointed. I tried to make it work, as I hate returning products, but the shadow was unworkable.

I exchanged this pot for a second pot from Sephora. Took it home, and the lid was screwed on this one! However, the product still wasn't very creamy. I was confused because I felt like the tester pot I had used was at least a little more workable, but I thought maybe I'd try to work with it anyway. I attempted to warm up the shadow by holding the pot in my hand, I swirled in a few spritzes of Fix+, and I even tried mixing some on the back of my hand with my eye primer.

No matter what I tried, R.S.V.P. was stubborn to apply. It took a lot of blending to smooth out the patchiness, and that was even after adding Fix+. Finally, I realized I was spending too much time trying to work around a product meant for speedy makeup applications! I don't know if I simply repurchased from a bad batch of product or maybe my lids aren't compatible with the formula, but I just gave up on the idea of it. I returned this pot and bought Chanel Emereville instead. The Chanel version of this product is a near dupe (look at Temptalia's swatches for reference) but the consistency is much creamier. I hated spending nearly $10 more, but have used Emereville weekly since then and could not be happier.

Ultimately, I won't buy R.S.V.P. again, but I still want to try other shades in the Creaseless Cream line, because the pigmentation looks so good and the colors are beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by annamail84

This is a new favourite for me for cream eyeshadows. I have tried Maybellines Color Tattoo range and was not impressed by how dry they were. R.S.V.P by Benefit is the perfect everyday colour base and is also buildable. It goes on very nicely and if you want a more intense colour, wait a minute and add another layer. It is very pretty and I have actually had a few random comments from people asking what shade I am wearing. This does not crease at all on me although I do add a light dusting of a similar shade of powder eyeshadow which may help.