Aveda Large Paddle Brush

4.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I still have my first brush like this that I bought, and I just bought a back up brush. My old one is very scuffed up and looking gnarly but it still never lost a single bristle and has held up well.
I like the wood aesthetically but it is irritating when I want to wash the brush because with my plastic handled brushes I let them sit in a sink with soapy warm water and then brush all the hair and dust out but with this brush even a dip once a month to really try and get it clean will warp the wood after extended periods.
I feel like my old brush has gotten softer somehow since Ive had it for 7 years now. The plastic bristles have also gotten a little worn down over the years too I think, but hey 7 years is a good run.
This is the only brush that I love to use and the only brush that I have ever repurchased. For reference I have long, relatively thick, colored, wavy hair. This is also the only brush my fiancee likes to use every day on his fine-textured, straight hair.

I bought this brush after reading the positive reviews. I'm so disappointed with mine right now. It worked well initially. However, the bristles are all coming out ...the base is cracking up so the bristles are coming out every time I brush my hair. One reviewer mentioned she had hers for 10 years??? Mine is no longer useable after less than 2 years. I've had brushes from a dollar store that have lasted longer.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

Love this type of brush! Only brush that can successfully pull through my thick, coarse hair. I use it for everything-brushing to straightening.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love it. Easy to handle

I absolutely LOVE this hairbrush. I've had probably 2 in my lifetime (one went missing under my bed when I was 12). I don't ever use other brushes.

For whatever reason, when I blow-dry with a round brush it disrupts my cuticle and I end up with flyaway city on my head. My hair is pin-straight without much help, and it ensures that my hair is shiny and smooth.

I can't get a better blow-dry, regardless of products. I also like how it feels, and how it doesn't yank at my hair like other brushes. The wood does age and get streaky, but it kind of makes me proud that I've kept a hairbrush around so long. Mine does have a hairline crack, but I've been using this specific brush for around 10 years.

For the record, I have very fine hair, but a lot of it. It tangles very, very easily (sort of like if you put iPod headphones in your purse), and it is very straight, with barely any wave at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Thanks to the wonderful MUA reviews and my awesome hairdresser at an Aveda salon, I purchased this brush yesterday at an Aveda store. AWESOME! This brush beats my FF brush all to heck and the FF was 3 times the price. $20 USD for this brush was incredibly inexpensive. It will last forever. I have a POB haircut and this works for smoothing it and making it so shiny and soft looking. LOVE IT! I guess my Australian Shepard will be getting the FF brush now. :)

I love my brush - I've had it nearly a decade! Yipes! It's travelled with me extensively throughout the world, and has held up like a champ! The wood has a few scuffs, but nothing tragic. I've never lost any bristles, and it hasn't cracked at all. I find this brush to be very effective at detangling my hair, either wet or dry. I can barely get anything through my mane after a beach day, but this brush glides on through. Aveda says it's massaging for scalps, and I would agree with that - it's very soft but so effective at getting out knots quickly, without having to rip at my hair. I'm probably due for a new brush soon, and I'll definitely repurchase. Highly recommend as an HG hair tool.

I love this brush. Even with my dramatic hair change from long to bob, it is my #1 tool. It works great on wet and dry hair and doubles as a blow drying tool. It feels great on my scalp with out hurting and its easy to clean.The BEST hair brush ever!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really don't consider this brush expensive, its cheap compared to a Mason Pearson! I had my eyes set on one of those but then, after seeing the rave reviews about this one, decided to get the aveda instead. I love how it kinda scratches my scalp. I scratch it unconsciously at times and this brush alleviates my craving to scratch. =) lol. So far I like how the brush works. I like it more than my other brush and comb. Yay.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have the Aveda medium size wood brush. I wish I had not bought it. The wood has become very marked and the veneer o nit is coming off even thought it is only 6 months old. I will stick with Sephora's smoothing hair brush.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools