April 17, 2014 | 1842 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Aveda - Large Paddle Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love my brush - I've had it nearly a decade! Yipes! It's travelled with me extensively throughout the world, and has held up like a champ! The wood has a few scuffs, but nothing tragic. I've never lost any bristles, and it hasn't cracked at all. I find this brush to be very effective at detangling my hair, either wet or dry. I can barely get anything through my mane after a beach day, but this brush glides on through. Aveda says it's massaging for scalps, and I would agree with that - it's very soft but so effective at getting out knots quickly, without having to rip at my hair. I'm probably due for a new brush soon, and I'll definitely repurchase. Highly recommend as an HG hair tool.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by kristinhatch2

I love this brush. Even with my dramatic hair change from long to bob, it is my #1 tool. It works great on wet and dry hair and doubles as a blow drying tool. It feels great on my scalp with out hurting and its easy to clean.The BEST hair brush ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't consider this brush expensive, its cheap compared to a Mason Pearson! I had my eyes set on one of those but then, after seeing the rave reviews about this one, decided to get the aveda instead. I love how it kinda scratches my scalp. I scratch it unconsciously at times and this brush alleviates my craving to scratch. =) lol. So far I like how the brush works. I like it more than my other brush and comb. Yay.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the Aveda medium size wood brush. I wish I had not bought it. The wood has become very marked and the veneer o nit is coming off even thought it is only 6 months old. I will stick with Sephora's smoothing hair brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HG, had no idea what a difference a good brush could make, I also have a Mason Pearson () and was really quite disappointed as it scratches my scalp, but this little beauty is fabulous. I have a lot of fine colour-treated greasy hair which can look very limp, but after a good brush with this it looks shiney, healthy and full of volume. Can't recommend strongly enough. (Think I even got it free with a couple of huge bottles of shampoo).
Edited Feb 2004: Unfortunately, just went to use this brush and it literally fell apart in my hands - the rubber perished and the bristles fell out ! According to the internet I am not alone. Reduced from 5 to 4 stars and changed to non-repurchase as will look at the other paddle brushes out there now.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by kit_e_kat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this paddle brush on the recommendation of a friend. I have thick, waist length hair that is a nightmare to brush and detangle, especially after washing.

This paddle brush can be used when my hair is still wet, as well as on dry hair. It glides through tangles easily without breaking or yanking out tonnes of hair like other brushes.

I find the bristles give me scalp a nice massage as well. It costs about 15 which I think is very reasonable for such an excellent brush. It seems pretty sturdy too so it should last a very long time. Definately HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by shesays514

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful, versatile brush - good for blowdrying hair straight and also great on dry hair for general use. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by ProductPris

Best brush I have used so far. I've had it for about 4 years now and still going strong. Some scratch marks, mainly from the puppy. lol

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by kbabe44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

have mine for over 10 yrs and still going strong... minus all the scratch marks on the wood but that's ok. that alone makes it worth it. makes your hair much softer and easier to brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Naty1209

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Been using this brush for years and absolutely love it. I would never switch. Now, if only Aveda could make a round brush that is nearly as good as their paddle brushes. *sigh* One can dream...