April 18, 2014 | 1712 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #252 Large Shader Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by sylviemakeupaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't usually write reviews, but this brush has made me want to tell everyone about it! Although I didn't think much of it at first, as I found that I preferred other shader brushes for all over the lid colour. So there it sat in my drawer for a couple of months untill I was going through my makeup brushes, looking for a good brush to apply my paint pot with, and voila! It does an amazing job! Applies eyeshadow bases like a dream! So then I started experimenting with it, and discovered it applies my studio fix concealer like nothing else I've tried (including various concealer brushes, as well as the 217, 224), but it looks so unbelievably natural and perfectly blends in concealer. A bit of a shock for me, as I've always suffered from "cakiness" around the under-eye area. This has become one of my favourite brushes, if not the favourite brush, as it blends like a dream and is extremely versatile! Yes, it is a bit pricey, retailing at around 20 or so I believe in the UK, but soo worth it! Would definitely repurchase again if something ever happened to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

I use this to spot conceal or to conceal my dk under eye area ! Love it it wks better than a reg concealer brush ! I know people use it for shadows too but I choose to use as concealer brush only

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Paulchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this brush for concealer... use it with select moisturecover and it gives me a flawless result. I feel like the oh so hyped 224 doesn't give me the coverage that I need since it applies the product much sheerer. Would definately recommend it for concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by aprlgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of my fav mac brush........... It picks up perfect amount if shadow and wasy to apply.......

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm torn on this brush. I love that it packs on eyeshadow better than any brush I own, but it is so itchy that I hate to use it. I wouldn't buy again. I'm on the lookout for a brush that isn't so scratchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by minni4bebe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG! I LOVE IT! My favorite brush to date! I used to live by the 239, and then the 242. Well, I just swapped for this and its PERFECT. Makes applying shadows quick and easy. Picks up the perfect amount of color. BUY IT!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wrote NO for would you repurchase, because it's a maybe. I do like this brush, it's very good and it does it's job. The only complaint I have is that it's not soft at all (at least not mine) It's scratchy and rough. I use this to apply paint pot, cream color bases, anything like that. Is this a must have? No but if you want only a few brushes, this is very good to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by COmtngrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I put off buying this brush for several months because I felt that I could get the job done with other brushes, namely the MAC 239. However, as I
kept watching makeup tutorials, I saw this brush get a lot of "screen play" as a highlighter brush and also as great for picking up pigments with it's relatively stiff bristles. Since I broke down and bought the brush on ebay (and yes, it's even authentic-I did my research before buying) I have used it every single day! The arch at the top of the bristles perfectly follow the arch of my eyebrows and make my highlighting look professional! I've been getting compliments on my makeup lately! I know that it's the brushes that are making the difference!!!!! I would definitely buy another one of these brushes again as a backup. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 5:18:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I own two of these brushes. One reserved for paint pots, primer, and NYX jumbo eye pencils, and the second one for eye shadows. I have a lot of lid space and I love how quickly and easily this brush applies and blends the colour. Does a pretty decent job on packing on shadow too. I find I reach for this brush more often for shadows then my 242 or 239. Granted both brushes are excellent, but the 252 gets the job done quicker.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 6:56:00 AM More reviews by MissShellDawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful large shader brush. I would someday love to get the full size brush. I got this in the MAC Magic, Mirth & Mischief Collection: Do-The-Trick Buff and Line Brush Set. I use this brush to apply light colors on the lid. The soft and firm bristles make it ideal for blending and shading! Great brush, would repurchase.

continued >>