Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, isohexadecane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetraria islandica (Iceland moss) extract, propylene glycol, methylparaben, sodium citrate, benzophenone-4, 2-bromo-2-nitroprophane-1, 3-diol, sorbitol, phenoxyethanol, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, CI 19140, CI 42090.

on 9/19/2013 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really enjoy this eye makeup remover. It leaves my eye area clean and hydrated. It even removes my waterproof mascara. It's not overly expensive and it doesn't bother my sensitive eyes.

Okay, so not a fan of this Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover.

It does the job removing under-eye makeup, but its formula is very greasy.

It is not "soothing" at all. Any of this product gets in your eye, it will sting - and I mean REALLY sting. An uncomfortable grease is left in the eyes, blurring vision for a bit.

2 STARS. Not buying again. Seriously not worth the pain.

on 1/13/2013 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have only used this a few times but I was impressed from the outset. It is a reformulation and re-packaging of the Botanics gentle eye makeup remover which I never tried so I can't compare. All I can say is how pleased I am with this product.

It is excellent value, the packaging is lovely and, most importantly, it is very effective at removing eye makeup without dragging, stinging, drying or leaving an annoying film over your vision! It is partly oil based, partly water based with plant extracts claiming to contain natural AHAs. I can't comment on the AHAs, the concentration of them in the eyemakeup remover or their effect but it is a very reliable eyemakeup remover and suitable for my sensitive eyes.

on 10/1/2012 12:15:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I never tried the old formula, but the new "All Bright Eye Soothing Eye Makeup Remover" is great, though it did not appear so immediately. Boots' whole Botanics line has revamped its packaging and looks a lot sleeker and expensive. That is just as well, since without the new image I had great doubts about this confusing blend of oil and water (and bubbles?) that I'm seeing through the bottle. But at this price point I was happy to take a gamble, and it paid off. It is effective at taking e/s and mascara off with just one swipe, and you don't even need to let it sit on the lids. No stings. This turned out much, much better than my last drugstore venture, the Simple eye makeup remover. My only complaint is that the bottle opening is too large for precision control and I tend to get either too much or too little product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This, to me, is the best eye make up remover I have used. It got all my make up off and didn't sting my eyes. But, for crying out loud, they have discontinued it and replaced it with an 'eye brightening make up remover'. Why reformulate a good product? This new one is compete garbage. I am hopping mad. This new one has made my eyes sting, eyelids burn and did not do its job well. I am sat here with red eyes and they are watering like mad. Now I have to hunt for another product - took me long enough to find this one as it is!

on 4/16/2012 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Really wanted to like this because i'm fed up of makeup removers that either drag my skin or don't remove everything. This removed all my eye make up perfectly, but left a oily residue that was hard to wipe off. It also left the skin around my eyes a bit red and even though I had my eyes closed when applying it still made my eyes a bit blurry. Genuinely not a fan of the consistency.

on 3/21/2012 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I picked this up from Target to remove my eye makeup. My HG is Clinique's Take the day off makeup remover, but it $18 for 4.2oz vs this $6 for 5oz. It works well with taking off my waterproof eyeliners and mascara with little rubbing. It is a tad oilier then Cliniques but its cheap and does the job with no irritation...no complaining there. The screw top is annoying, I might transfer it into another bottle.

on 1/24/2012 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Not too keen on this. It feels really greasy on my skin, and doesn't remove makeup properly either - for example, when I do use waterproof mascara, I use only a thin layer, and still this doesn't take it off. Also you have to wash your face really quickly afterwards or this will dry on your face and get into your skin. Not a good feeling!
Also the two parts separate very quickly, so you can't just leave the bottle open and use it for say a second time even in the space of 30 seconds or so. You have to close it and shake it again, and it's also a screw on cap, so I find the packaging rather annoying as well.
It doesn't irriate my sensitive skin though, which is good.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a very mediocre eye make up remover. It's very oily and I am not too keen on that. I also doesn't remove my make up that well! It takes at least four goes to remove even mascara and a makeup wipe does that alone. I like that it doesn't sting, but that's about it.

on 8/1/2011 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nice product does not burn my eyes I like it better than the Almay eye make up remover, it is a bit oily but if you shake it well before use it is great and moisturizes the eye area. I will repurchase this again.