Ion Sensitive Scalp Developer

4.7

on 1/10/2012 8:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I'm going to assume that my bad experience with this developer was due to the fact I used a 40 developer and I used too much of it. It made my scalp tingle extremely bad but at the end of the whole 45 minute ordeal my hair turned out a very vibrant (way more vibrant than the swatch!) red. I've got to say though this developer is pleasant smelling, nothing like others that reak! Ion developer+ion color brilliance=a fair smell! my scalp+40 developer?=the worse tingly sensation ever!

on 10/12/2011 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

HG! For this product alone I will not go back to regular drugstore boxed color (unless it's a beauty emergency). There was no itching whatsoever, and it does not smell bad at all. And it's cheap! I may or may not use the Ion Color Brilliance again with it, but I will definitely use this developer again. I used the 20 volume for 30 minutes for gray coverage, and my gray, it is covered.

on 2/8/2011 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this developer in conjunction with ION color briliance liquid permanent hair color, and it works wonderfully! It is very gentle. You wont feel any tingleling or burning with this, and it doesnt leave that really unpleasant dye-like smell behind. Although I do notice that to get better color saturation on the root touch ups using a little less than one part seems to work best. Overall I think this a fabulous product.

on 1/30/2011 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is in connection with the review I just wrote about the Ion Permanent Creme Color (which was excellent).
I have a sensive scalp. Even with the no-amonia haircolor, my scalp still tingles when I color my hair.

This is unbelievable. My scalp was fine--no burning nor did I experience any tingling. In fact, this stuff smells really pleasant.

Glad I found it--glad I used it!

on 1/14/2011 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have really bad psoriasis on my scalp(to where it bleeds) and it always itches crazily when I dye my hair ( I've dyed my hair for 3 years now, and also bleached it) But this i had no problems with at all.! It doesnt make me itchy and doesnt burn my scalp.

on 12/28/2010 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I used the 20 volume version of this today and it is the first time ever that my scalp did not burn or itch when dying my hair. And I've been dying my hair for a LONG time. This stuff is amazing, smells lovely, not chemically like other developers you get in boxed hair dye. My hair had tons of bleached out highlights, very over-processed looking at the ends so I decided to dye it back to a dark brown. After using this my hair looks 1000 times better than it did prior to coloring it. It is soft, silky and the shine is unbelievable! I got mine from Sally's Beauty Supply.

I will NEVER use another peroxide again. This is the best. No burning, no damage done to my hair, nothing. I've been going through a process and my hair is now a medium golden blonde. I started a jet black. I pair this and mix it with Loreal Quick Blue. Then cover with the Ion color brilliance in golden blonde. Love the results. Will continue to buy. Also, the packaging is great because you can save what you dont use in the bottle for later :)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

im not big on dying my hair myself but i got desperate since the stylist butchered my hair 2 days in a row and gave me orange/yellow hair with some gray! i used the 20 vol developer mixed with Clairol toner in Towhead (on the non silver pieces) and it made it to a nice, normal colored blonde, without the crazy tones! didnt burn my scalp either.

on 10/13/2008 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have naturally wavy black hair and its been a long time since I've had any color in it (or lack there of). I did some research and bought this product. I wanted my black wavy hair to go blonde (highlights only). I bought the 40 vol with the Ion Powder Lightener. It was awesome. I never used a hair coloring product that was gentle on my scalp, good smelling, let alone keeping my hair soft after bleaching. But because my hair is so dark, I have to re-bleach it. It only lifted to a 6 and I need to lift it to a 8-10. At least the next time, it won't take as long to lift.

Great developer! Works well with Wella. Very cheep and smells great. Don't think I'll ever buy another.