October 22, 2014 | 1955 users online

Powder - Milani - Minerals Compact Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by msdharkainjel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i bought this product in true beige but its really too dark for my skin, i was thinking if i should go back at the store again and exchange this into a lighter shade...I really want to like this coz its one of the few foundations that doesnt break me out. so im gonna buy this again soon on a lighter shade. Maybe nude buff will do for me.

the packaging of the product really looks cheap.. i dont like the applicator that comes with it..
    ill update this when i get the new shade .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by rvdiaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is a great powder foundation, it hides ,my pores and is matte, my only complaint is the shade selection, natural tan was a little too dark for me so i got honey beige, which is the next lighter shade, not only was it a little too light for me it was yellowish, i still use it since they just don't have my shade and i just apply a dark bronzer over it to kind of even out the color. but its a great foundation powder, very smooth!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was just "so-so" to me. I felt like it looked powdery and just felt kind of maskey. Returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by breakfastattiffanys11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG product for me! I typically wear Revlon Colorstay during the year, but I am working at a summer camp in high humidity plus I have extremely oily skin. I love this product so much that I am replacing Colorstay. When I first used this product I coated my makeup brush in the product, thinking that a mineral powder would not provide heavy coverage, but I actually ended up using too much! This product leaves me completley shine free, provides medium coverage, and is the most natural looking product I have ever used. This is a product that you can wear and people can't tell you're wearing makeup. I did not notice any chalkiness or a "muddy" effect that goes along with some mineral makeups.

I used to wear Bare Minerals (prior to Colorstay) but I was finding that it would not provide enough coverage for my blotchy, red skin tone and that my skin was too oily. I kept the brushes from the Bare Minerals and use the concealer and kabuki brush to apply this product, and it is honestly much better than Bare Minerals at a fraction of the price.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by fitasian78

Creamy and natural look if applied with kabuki brush. Great d/s powder. Better then BM bc does skin does not get oily after application. Package is bulky, but great product. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by moifull

I loveeeeedddd ittt !!!
    It doesn't clog your pore and it's very light ( not cakey)..
    And it helps my skin i don't get pimples when i am using this product!!!!
    I use nude buff,,,,( !!!!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by borrricua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as my every day makeup. It is great. Evens out my skin tone. I have bought this at least 5 times and I will continue to buy it. I buff it on with a kabuki to even out the coverage. It's a bit much with the sponge thingy it comes with.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by mkarii143

Wow... love this. I think this is even better than the mineral foundations that cost 5X the price of this (around 8$). It's so strange how this company is so "down-low" , yet the makeup is great. Anyway, i feel like its even healthy for my skin. my skin looks better in it, evenly toned. great buy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I read about Milani cosmetics on this site. I had to go to a CVS out of my way to buy this foundation. I selected the Nude Buff for my fair, yet pinky cool toned skin. It gives a slight tan tone to my skin but no orange which I tend to have trouble with when trying D.S. foundations. It also covers spider veins around my nose and some slight acne scarring I have on my chin. This powder is great when you only have 1.5 minutes to set your sunscreen/moisturizer, apply the rest of your make up and go. I also can touch up with this, pacticularly under my eyes, without it looking cakey. I prefer using a foundation brush to apply this but the puff that came with will do in a pinch. I get more coverage when I use a brush but the puff is nice to smooth carefully around my eye area and nose creases. My skin has actually looked like it is glowing lately. I am not sure if this foundation is the 100% reason. I have been using a new face cream from Avon. I think the combo of the minerals in the foundation and the cream have put me back into my 30s.I would probably buy again if Milani is being sold at a store I frequent. I will not be making any special trips to CVS again. They were having a BOGO 50% off sale but the sales clerk gave me a hard time because I didn't have a CVS card. I told her I have too many store cards and don't want another! Boo.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by sierralynn992

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder is amazing. It gives good coverage if you like light-medium. Personally, I hate thick liquid foundation so this powder is perfect for me. It has good staying power. The only thing I would change would be making the the packaging more sleek. But the product itself is amazing and inexpensive. It doesn't cake or look powdery either.