August 23, 2014 | 1402 users online

Fragrances - Juliette has a Gun - Lady Vengeance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am so in love with Lady Vengeance. I think Francis Kurkdjian is a fabulous parfumer Ė probably my favourite, and I especially like what heís able to do with rose and musk combinations. Narciso Rodriguez eau de toilette is my most-worn scent of all time; here he uses a clean musk and floral once more, but makes it darker, jammier and sweeter. This has a red wine accord Ė something juicy and easy to drink, most probably an Australian, Californian or African bottle, as thick as Ribena. The sugary and bright vanilla in this becomes apparent on my skin, following an odd detergenty opening, which Iím fine about as Lady Vengeance morphs into a beauty pretty swiftly. I fancy there is a touch of lemon, and on my skin, some suede Ė a similar accord to that I find in Serge Lutensís Daim Blond.
I know that this gets comparisons to Agent Provocateur but for me, that scent is much more of a classic chypre, where this is more like a rose version of Chanelís Chance, mixed with Narciso Rodriguez, Daim Blond and a ghost of Kurkdjianís own Lumiere Noire, which is a warm and haunting rose. If that sounds complicated, thatís because Lady Vengeance is, but sheís strangely clean too. Itís less dark than an oud scent, but the thick caramel aspect of its mid notes makes sure thereís a voluptuous skank giving the vaguely soapy musk a smudge of kohl.

By the way, I just wanted to add that the recent price increase of this, from £35 to DOUBLE that did not go unnoticed.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by sharilstuff

Hhmm. OK. Dark? No. Va-va-voom femme fatale...thorns...etc? Uh, no. I don't get the description, nor many of the reviews for this scent. To me, it's a marriage of Divine L'Inspiratrice and Bvlgari Rose Essentiale, except that either of those are honestly a bit better to my nose. This one veeery sweet to my nose - candied, even. In fact, this is my second try and I'm feeling that a scrub is inevitable. If you want a dark rose/patch combo that really does smell dangerous, go with L'Arte de Gucci. If you want that general idea but something easier to wear, opt for Francis K.'s other creation, Lumiere Noire. This one is just sickeningly sweet and not worth the big money. I know many disagree - more for you, right? Over and out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Of all the fragrances made by JHAG, this one was the only one that was a complete scrubber on me. It starts out with the light, delicate scent of rosewater and quickly morphs into the strong, sweet patchouli I associate with Miss Dior Cherie.

As someone who is easily repulsed by strong patchouli scents, I'm tempted to rate this as one lippie, but it seems unfair to do so when this patchouli-based fragrance is simply doing what it's supposed to do, and probably with a fair amount of competence at that. Therefore, I will grudgingly rate it three lippies... and vow to stick with the patchouli-free Citizen Queen and Miss Charming, my two favorites from the JHAG product line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow what a pretty seductive brew! I can see Lady Vengeance being my new goto for nighttime fragrances. The patchouli is not too sweet and the rose is bulgarian which is the queen of roses. I adore this.... very weable, as are all JHAG fragrances. If you are a rose or patchouli lover make sure to try this as it's addictive in a purely adult way. Many full bottles coming my way. Enjoy!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by TwoBostons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Rochas Tocade with a heavy dose of Sweet Tarts! Unlike the majority of other reviews, I don't get dark, sultry rose, nor is the patchouli particularly noticeable. And I'd notice--I detest patch. Very pleasant, perky-without-being-teenybopperish perfume. Lasting power was about 5 hours.

Runs about $85/50ml, $110/100ml. I'd buy it if I could find it at a discount. Also comes in a bullet-shaped purse spray that is to die for cute.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by pixelprincess

This is a great dirty rose with a very.... vanilla-y dry down. It starts off really strong with the rose and patchouli and kind of a ... harsh scent. But it dries down to a soft rose. I suppose it's not for the sweet and bubbly type. It seems kind of dark and dangerous. It can be a little overpowering so I usually don't wear it for the day. I find myself saving this for evening wear or special occasions. Also, if you like the top notes I notice that rose stays much better when sprayed on clothes verses on my skin. For me, this scent works better on clothing than on my skin directly. I have no idea why this might happen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 4:55:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Definitely a rose on the dark side. This is not for you if you're looking for sth sweet/ bright/ light/ happy - you can try Miss Charming from the line though. She has a sharp crispy edge when sniffed directly but itnerestingly, it's gone right after sprayed on skin. Scent on skin is smooth actually. Despite dark with depth, it's still cleany done. Not cloying or choking and not over the fence to become cheap smelling.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by tricksi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It reminds me of an older fragrance. Gucci or possibly a mainstream fragrance? I'm very much reminded of something from the 1970s but I just can't put my name on it. On my skin, the rose is less apparent with patchouli front & center but when I smell my sleeve the rose was definately there. While I like the scent ok, I find it too strong for daily wear. I wish the rose and patchouli was muted a bit &/or there was a bit of fresh note added to cut the cloying aspect of this fragrance. Good staying power and sillage even if sparingly applied.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by 9154mf

This is a really full on overpowering rose that reminds me of someone's pot pourri from the 80's. After about a hour a masculine note is there, maybe its the patch vanilla combo but I still dont like it, then it dries down to a softer rose tinged with vanilla, not bad but such a boring fragrance really.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

Seduced by the fun and feisty-sounding name, if I'm honest - a nod to Korean director Park Chan-wook's 'Vengeance Trilogy'.
LV is my favourite Juliette fragrance so far (have also tried Citizen Queen - enjoyed the leather, but find the fragrance overall to be a little headache-inducing, even hairspray-esque!?! - and Miss Charming - summery and sugary and girlishly cloying, and so not me!!) LV is a decadent, dark-ish, musky rose that, although maybe derivative, draws lots of compliments.