August 21, 2014 | 1490 users online

Cleansers - Aesop - Amazing Face Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2009 5:26:00 AM More reviews by toraneko

This was passed on to me from a friend as it caused her to break out in little pimples. I love the scent and the dark amber glass bottle, but it is rather heavy and slippery to handle when your hands are wet. All was great for the first week or so as my face felt cleansed but not taut, but to my horror, I started to break out around my nose and forehead area as well. I wished this worked for me as my face felt wonderful after using it, but it didn't. The rest of it has since been relegated to a pricey but fantastic-smelling body wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by guccihjn_1983

I love this cleanser, it quite nice for combination or oily skin, I have used two bottles of 200ml, it can remove makeup and helps balance the skin, only the package is not good I have to put it in some other container

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser. I changed to this from the Fabulous Face Cleanser because it lathers better and smells nicer. A little goes a long way and it effectively removes all traces of make-up and oil, without the need for scrubbing or vigorous rubbing. It is very easy to wash all traces of the lather away, because it is so light. My face feels super clean and soft after using this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2006 3:54:00 PM More reviews by socra_tease_me

My skin is normal and sometimes even dry every where except my nose, which is incredibly greasy and has many dark pores. Having said that, this really did nothing for me at all. I still got break outs, etc. Clearasil is my HG cleanser. I didn't give this 1 lippie though because I know it worked for many other people.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2006 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Merryn

Very strong smell, which is not for everyone. Cleansed well, and i had noticible fewer breakouts. However despite the fact i have moderately oily skin, this cleanser dried out my skin leaving it a flakey mess. Only use if you have very oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2006 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Lalie

Really smells good, but nothing special. And definitely not worth the money for what you get. There are lots of other products out there that do much more for less money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2006 3:09:00 PM More reviews by annypooh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just finished using a whole bottle of this. It's an okay cleanser. It's really gentle on the skin, and only foams up a bit. It takes a little more effort to remove makeup with this (after using mu remover oil). Scent is very subtle and nice. Overall okay, but not worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2005 6:27:00 AM More reviews by redgum8888

I got this as a sample. I have combo skin and I rub it between my hands with water to create a mild foam. After you rinse your face with water, skin is definitely squeaky clean. Great for summer when skin gets oily after a day's work. But quite pricey in my opinion for a daily cleanser as you can use this up pretty quickly - definitely buy the larger size to save money. UPDATE: 8/3/07 This has become too drying for me and is suitable for only the oiliest of skin types. I suggest Fabulous Face Cleanser from Aesop as a better alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2005 12:19:00 PM More reviews by StilaFaux

I bought this cleanser when I first read about Aesop. Finally there is a store which sells them in Singapore! I am fond of trying cleansers and I have oily skin. I tried this gel cleanser out and I like the scent of the tangerine rine and lavender stem. This gel cleanser does not foam very much unlike other cleansers I have used but this cleanser rinses out well and does not leave the skin dry and stripped of moisture. The bad side about it is the packaging. I usually wash my face when I am in the shower so this poses as a hazard to me and I am so scared of dropping the glass bottle! I had to buy the smaller Aesop travel sized bottles to store the cleanser in. Overall an awesome product which did not give me breakouts and would love to repurchase after I finish up the bottle :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2005 12:37:00 PM More reviews by mineren

I have N-O sensitive skin and I soooo wanted to like this product. I love Aesop's Mandarin Moisturizer and Parsley eye serum, so I thought I would try a few other products. Amazing is a light gel, moderately foaming cleanser with a great foral scent (ylang, I think), but unfortunately it was a little too strong (stripping) for my skin. If you have truly OILY skin, like the product is advertised for, then it would probably work for you. But if N-O, make sure you get a large sample size, enough to last a week, to ensure that the product does not dry your skin over time.