October 23, 2014 | 1337 users online

Cleansers - Aesop - Amazing Face Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by ArkAngel21

I recently sampled this product after much encouragement from the Aesop sales assistant. I wasn't sold, however she did give me quite a few cleanser samples (which lasted me a fortnight). I AM NOW AN AESOP CONVERT!

I've now been using the cleanser for a month now and I can vouch for the definite improvements on my skin. I live in the busy metropolitan and constantly reeling from the effects of pollution on my skin. Oil and grime is washed away quite easily, although for a better and deeper cleanse I use Dermalogica's Pre-Cleanse to remove my makeup. The scent is incidental, although I do enjoy its aromatherapy-like benefits.

I am of moderately oily skin and was told that the Fabulous Cleanser was in fact better suited to my skin type as reviewers found this cleanser to be somewhat drying on the face. I haven't had a problem with excessive dryness from the cleanser, in fact it's so gentle that cleansing my face in the shower hasn't left my face with a tight feeling.

Overall, price can be a severe deterrent. But I urge you to try some samples. Aesthetically, it looks pleasing on my bath counter. Would I buy this product again - YES! I feel better knowing that I'm using plant-based ingredients good for me and my face, AND the environment!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by lee1989

I tried this cleanser after had hered that it was very good. But unfourtunately it doesn't work well for me,i fell that it was very troublesome when pouring out the cleanser coz it doesn't have a plum and my face started to breakout more.But can't denied that its smell great.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2009 5:26:00 AM More reviews by toraneko

This was passed on to me from a friend as it caused her to break out in little pimples. I love the scent and the dark amber glass bottle, but it is rather heavy and slippery to handle when your hands are wet. All was great for the first week or so as my face felt cleansed but not taut, but to my horror, I started to break out around my nose and forehead area as well. I wished this worked for me as my face felt wonderful after using it, but it didn't. The rest of it has since been relegated to a pricey but fantastic-smelling body wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by guccihjn_1983

I love this cleanser, it quite nice for combination or oily skin, I have used two bottles of 200ml, it can remove makeup and helps balance the skin, only the package is not good I have to put it in some other container

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser. I changed to this from the Fabulous Face Cleanser because it lathers better and smells nicer. A little goes a long way and it effectively removes all traces of make-up and oil, without the need for scrubbing or vigorous rubbing. It is very easy to wash all traces of the lather away, because it is so light. My face feels super clean and soft after using this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2006 3:54:00 PM More reviews by socra_tease_me

My skin is normal and sometimes even dry every where except my nose, which is incredibly greasy and has many dark pores. Having said that, this really did nothing for me at all. I still got break outs, etc. Clearasil is my HG cleanser. I didn't give this 1 lippie though because I know it worked for many other people.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2006 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Merryn

Very strong smell, which is not for everyone. Cleansed well, and i had noticible fewer breakouts. However despite the fact i have moderately oily skin, this cleanser dried out my skin leaving it a flakey mess. Only use if you have very oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2006 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Lalie

Really smells good, but nothing special. And definitely not worth the money for what you get. There are lots of other products out there that do much more for less money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2006 3:09:00 PM More reviews by annypooh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just finished using a whole bottle of this. It's an okay cleanser. It's really gentle on the skin, and only foams up a bit. It takes a little more effort to remove makeup with this (after using mu remover oil). Scent is very subtle and nice. Overall okay, but not worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2005 6:27:00 AM More reviews by redgum8888

I got this as a sample. I have combo skin and I rub it between my hands with water to create a mild foam. After you rinse your face with water, skin is definitely squeaky clean. Great for summer when skin gets oily after a day's work. But quite pricey in my opinion for a daily cleanser as you can use this up pretty quickly - definitely buy the larger size to save money. UPDATE: 8/3/07 This has become too drying for me and is suitable for only the oiliest of skin types. I suggest Fabulous Face Cleanser from Aesop as a better alternative.