Aesop Amazing Face Cleanser

3.7

on 3/10/2010 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have acne-prone skin and it caused me to break out in little pimples around my chin and neck. I've never had those little pimples and it was getting horribly worse a week after using it.

It's really gentle on the skin and effectively removes my make-up and dirt and does not leave a residue. It's a great cleanser but did not work for me.

on 1/6/2010 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I recently sampled this product after much encouragement from the Aesop sales assistant. I wasn't sold, however she did give me quite a few cleanser samples (which lasted me a fortnight). I AM NOW AN AESOP CONVERT!

I've now been using the cleanser for a month now and I can vouch for the definite improvements on my skin. I live in the busy metropolitan and constantly reeling from the effects of pollution on my skin. Oil and grime is washed away quite easily, although for a better and deeper cleanse I use Dermalogica's Pre-Cleanse to remove my makeup. The scent is incidental, although I do enjoy its aromatherapy-like benefits.

I am of moderately oily skin and was told that the Fabulous Cleanser was in fact better suited to my skin type as reviewers found this cleanser to be somewhat drying on the face. I haven't had a problem with excessive dryness from the cleanser, in fact it's so gentle that cleansing my face in the shower hasn't left my face with a tight feeling.

Overall, price can be a severe deterrent. But I urge you to try some samples. Aesthetically, it looks pleasing on my bath counter. Would I buy this product again - YES! I feel better knowing that I'm using plant-based ingredients good for me and my face, AND the environment!

on 11/10/2009 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this cleanser after had hered that it was very good. But unfourtunately it doesn't work well for me,i fell that it was very troublesome when pouring out the cleanser coz it doesn't have a plum and my face started to breakout more.But can't denied that its smell great.

on 5/27/2009 5:26:00 AM

This was passed on to me from a friend as it caused her to break out in little pimples. I love the scent and the dark amber glass bottle, but it is rather heavy and slippery to handle when your hands are wet. All was great for the first week or so as my face felt cleansed but not taut, but to my horror, I started to break out around my nose and forehead area as well. I wished this worked for me as my face felt wonderful after using it, but it didn't. The rest of it has since been relegated to a pricey but fantastic-smelling body wash.

on 5/31/2008 11:49:00 PM

I love this cleanser, it quite nice for combination or oily skin, I have used two bottles of 200ml, it can remove makeup and helps balance the skin, only the package is not good I have to put it in some other container

on 2/8/2008 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great cleanser. I changed to this from the Fabulous Face Cleanser because it lathers better and smells nicer. A little goes a long way and it effectively removes all traces of make-up and oil, without the need for scrubbing or vigorous rubbing. It is very easy to wash all traces of the lather away, because it is so light. My face feels super clean and soft after using this product.

My skin is normal and sometimes even dry every where except my nose, which is incredibly greasy and has many dark pores. Having said that, this really did nothing for me at all. I still got break outs, etc. Clearasil is my HG cleanser. I didn't give this 1 lippie though because I know it worked for many other people.

on 6/14/2006 6:07:00 AM

Very strong smell, which is not for everyone. Cleansed well, and i had noticible fewer breakouts. However despite the fact i have moderately oily skin, this cleanser dried out my skin leaving it a flakey mess. Only use if you have very oily skin.

on 3/26/2006 7:32:00 AM

Really smells good, but nothing special. And definitely not worth the money for what you get. There are lots of other products out there that do much more for less money.

on 2/26/2006 3:09:00 PM

I just finished using a whole bottle of this. It's an okay cleanser. It's really gentle on the skin, and only foams up a bit. It takes a little more effort to remove makeup with this (after using mu remover oil). Scent is very subtle and nice. Overall okay, but not worth the price.