December 19, 2014 | 1013 users online

Cleansers - La Vitton - Laventine - Olive Forte Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by sweetcherrie14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Listen up all my fellow oily-skinned girls! If you are on the fence about this product, I can assure you that if you jump off and take the plunge you will not be disappointed!!!

I've used this stuff for about 3 years now, buying it after reading the first couple of reviews written on it on MUA...I purchased, and used it beautifully as a make-up remover...But I was totally unconvinced that I could use this as a facial cleanser because I was oily-skinned...I mean - for goodness sakes, this is essentially a bottle of olive oil that I'm smearing all over my skin - how can it not make things worse?
But after trying it, I realized that this stuff is a miracle! This will actually reduce the amount of oil your face has, and in fact, after rediscovering this product a few weeks ago (and by rediscovering i mean that i stopped only using this for makeup removal and let it work to it's full potential as an actual cleanser), and boy did i see results in just the first night...

The stuff is all natural, the squeeze pump is really easy to control, they give you a generous amount for the 25 bucks you spend on it - what could be better?
I basically squirt a bit onto a cotton ball to swab all of my eye and face makeup off, and then use a bit more (without washing my face in between - it's very important that you DO NOT expose water to your skin until you are ready to rinse the stuff off) all over my face - i rub it into my pores, my t-zone, my chin - massage it in...
After about 30 seconds of that, i rinse it off in lukewarm water, and viola!
Clear, beautiful skin that hardly needs to be blotted at all during the day when i'm wearing makeup...

IMO - Give it a try - you won't be sorry you did!!!!! And if you're looking for something cheaper to start off with - I've heard their lavender complexion soaps are really good - you can read the reviews if you like! (I'll be purchasing those once I run out of this stuff : )

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by LindHM

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite makeup/sunscreen remover, not to mention it's almost entirely made of olive oil! The texture is atucally quite light and smooth, and it melts away makeup/sunscreen with water. Normally I prefer cleanser with a sweet scent, but this cleanser of course smells like olive, which is ok with me. All in all I like it alot and will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by CeliaKitt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a rare gem among all the cleansers, especially heavy duty makeup removers. Although the cleansing oil can be used as regular face wash, I only use it when I'm wearing waterproof makeup and sunblock, and this is really its forte. The oil dissolves all makeup naturally, no need to scrub and no foams - all foams irritate eyes, no matter how mild they claim. This oil is like olive oil, comforts the skin and no irritation at all. I use it everyday now in the summer, and my skin feels clean and less oily, which is great so I don't feel reluctant to put up sunblock. I'll buy laventine again:)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 1:49:00 PM More reviews by KathyLL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely makeup remover and it's so natural! Not only does it have the most simple and natural ingredients (all from olive oil), the cleansing process is natural - no foaming up, no detergent, the oil simply dissolves all makeup and rinses completely clean with water. Although not a must, I personally found it best to follow with the rosewater toner, which hydrates the skin. I don't hate the scent of olive oil, but for me it's nice to finish my cleansing with the sweet scent of fresh rose! I'll buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2008 3:50:00 AM More reviews by kristinavan

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to like it, but found it really dried out my skin. However, the return policy is good, so I mailed it back yesterday. Been having a hard time finding a good cleanser for my rosacea, sensitive face that was oily but in the past year has gone dry (age I guess).
update: i did receive my refund, although for some reason it cost $8 to mail (from Canada)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by galgeek

As a person who worships the sun and stays outside whenever possible, Iím sensible enough to wear tons of sun protection to save my fair-toned skin, and removing the tenacious sunblock had always been a big headache, until I found this wonderful cleanser, the olive forte cleansing oil from Laventine.

The oil is a sparkling bright yellow color with a tint of green hue, still olive oil, but seems brighter than regular ones in food store. It smells like fresh and green olive oil. I like all of that, and its cleansing power is superb! It doesnít foam up like other cleansers, instead, it dissolves and melts all the greasy stuff (sunblock, makeup, etc.) on the face, and simply rinses clean with water. No tight or greasy feeling whatsoever.

I do sometimes use their rosewater toner to finish it off, and the toner itself is becoming addictive for me, but if I feel lazy and skip the toner, no problem there at all. All in all, itís a wonderful product that Iíll buy over and over, just hoping they have a travel size to carry around. Itís an 8 oz bottle so takes a lot of room if you want to carry it in your overnight bag. I just pump some product into a small plastic bottle with disk cap for travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by SandyLin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this cleansing oil from the positive reviews here at MUA, and I'm so glad I tried it as I normally won't buy products I haven't read from big beauty magazines. This cleanser is the best removing my shiseido spf 50 sunscreen as well as revlon lux length waterproof mascara. I apply 2 pumps of oil and massage all over my face, and just you think the oil might make a big mass, you see the makeup has dissolved loose and mixed with the oil, I use warm water and face towel to rid of the oil but no toner needed. That way my face won't get dry at all. I'll definitely buy this oil again and thanks MUA!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Ydnimm

after reviewing the other positive comments about this product I decided to give it a try. I absolutely love this cleanser and would recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by GraceLou

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect makeup/sunblock remover for me. I usually buy 2 bottles to get free shipping, and to my surprise, they stay fresh for a long time considering the all-natural, no-preservative formula. I love it as it never makes my skin over-dry yet dissolves all trace of makeup. I also like the dispenser which can be twist-locked. I'll keep buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ClaudiaG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried both the dry/normal and olive forte and I'm very impressed by both. The dry/normal has a lavender scent and the olive forte smells like fresh olive. Both remove makeup and sunscreen really clean, not drying. However, the dry/normal does make face feel more moisturized afterwards; olive forte, on the other hand, feels more comforting around the eye. Definitely buy again.