February 27, 2015 | 984 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Emilymckenziee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! I had heard so many raves about this product and after using I for several months I can see why. My dull skin has never been brighter and smootther. Yes, it's a bit expensive but you get what you pay for and it last forever! I use 3x a week at night, however that might change once the weather gets cooler.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Alura21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For an exfoliating product, I don't think it does much of it. The little grainy bits are so tiny it doesn't do all that much with one wash. Maybe if this product was used everyday it could make the face smooth and flake free. But all that would do is dry it out too much and make it worse over time.

Texture: Gel/Cream with little bits in it.

Scent: Not bothersome. Standard. i don't think this would bother someone that's sensitive to fragrance.

Finish: I feel like this takes makeup off better than the Purity cleanser but this left my face feeling tight, which I hate.

Effects: Still flakey and my foundation shows dry patches. But at the same time, oily too. Just doesn't cut it for what it says it does. Perhaps, too gentle. Not worth the money.

Yet another Philosophy product that I'm going to give away. Wasted so much money on this company. Not worth the Hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by theperoxideprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It does a pretty good job making my face smooth. Don't use it everyday because it can only remove so much dead skin from your face. I recommend using it twice a week. It smells really good. Downsides? Sometimes it can get in your mouth and it has an incredibly salty taste. So steer clear of your mouth area when rubbing in on your face. The product also clogs up the cap. I have to unscrew the cap off everytime I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by ke1125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this exfoliator every morning as my daily exfoliator for the last 7 months and I love it!! It is gentle enough on my skin to where I am able to use it daily without my skin over-drying. I use it with my clarisonic mia2 and my skin is left feeling soft, radiant, and clean! I have never had any bumps, dry patches, or anything while using it. I have oily skin and in the past I would use harsh exfoliators like those apricot scrubs and they are way too harsh and leave my skin feeling terrible. It does a good job of removing excess oil but it doesn't leave my skin too dry. Philosophy has done a great job of making an exfoliator you can use everyday that gets the job done and is still gentle. I highly recommend this exfoliator! It is most definitely my HG exfoliator! I will never use another exfoliator as long as this one is around.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by OCgirl006

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yikes, my mom bought this and gave me about a weeks worth to try, first day woke up with a white head on my chin, third day worke up with a wite head on my forehead and cheek.

this was the thing that i changes in my skin care, also nothing at all has ever broke me out EVER until now, not sure what they put in it....
my sister said the same think she can not use this brand.....

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by DylHayd

Let me start by saying I LOVE Philosophy products...everything I have ever used from them, except this, has been superb. I have a hard time with the smell, but I am very sensitive to smells. It is very gentle, and the exfoliating beads are tiny... On its on it doesn't exfoliate like I would prefer, but in conjunction with my Clarisonic Mia it does a good job. I would not repurchase though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Amymassey

I work at ULTA and customers rave about this product so much, that i had to try it for myself. Love it! I use in the morning and the Purity at night. The combination had made a huge difference in my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Loved10

This stuff works. After 1 wash I noticed a difference in my skin texture. This wash is a great exfoliator. Using it only once or twice a week is enough because it can be irritating. That being said so far I havn't had any irritation with limited use. It works so well it is tempting to use it everyday on every body part! The cost is a bit much, but I am pleased with the results so who cares...right? Shake before use to evenly distribute the microcleansing particals and you should be good to go. One thing is that it does kinda smell bad, like chemically. A little does go a ling way also.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

An alright scrub on it's own made better when used WITH Purity Made Simple. Last year around my birthday, I was looking to amp up my skincare routine. I bought a Philosophy kit with this, Purity, Hope in a Jar, Hope in a Tube (eyes) and a mini micro peel and activator. Out of the kit, this and the Purity are the only items I did NOT give away.

I tried this exfoliating wash on its own a handful of times. It was okay. The texture was a little rough and didn't leave my skin any smoother then using a regular cleanser. I used the Purity by itself a few times too. I was not blown away by it either. Then one morning I decided to try mixing the two together. Seriously SO much better than just the microdelivery alone. I used equal amounts of each and applied to wet but not dripping skin. By itself the exfoliating wash left my skin tight and not any smoother than without. Alone, the Purity did a fine job of removing makeup but didn't do much beyond that. I really do think the Purity adds enough "cushion" to the exfoliating wash to help it work better. It does not feel too rough or not rough enough; mixing the two created a combination that is far superior to each on their own.

I don't use this everyday but a handful of times during the week and find it works well in the shower to add some grit to my body wash. It's for sure pricier than any other cleanser I've used, so I would only repurchase it if on sale. The other negative is the bottle, specifically the bottle top. It clogs like crazy, even after a handful of uses. It's a pain digging gunk out of the top every other week to get any product out. I am glad I figured out a way to use both products in a way that exceeds each separately. Otherwise the entire kit would have been a bust (though I'm sure my mom would have appreciated being gifted it as well).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by MaigeAda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a Philosophy gift set for Christmas and so far am disappointed in the products, the microdeliverly exfoliating wash included.

A lot of reviewers have said the was is gentle enough for everyday use. I have moderately sensitive skin and so far have only been able to use this stuff twice since Dec. 25. After washing, my face gets dry and a little tight, and stays red until the next day. My skin has a lumpy-like texture so isn't as smooth as I had expected. I also have a lot of post-acne red marks that this exfoliator highlights after using. My marks are more pronounced, red, and have a swollen appearance. My skin usually takes a day or so to go back to normal.

I gave the wash a 3 because although it does seem to irritate my skin a bit, I want to give it the benefit of the doubt in that it could be my skin is just a little too sensitive or not oily enough for it. I do notice my pores aren't as noticeable afterwards and even though my skin isn't as smooth as I had hoped, it does feel softer if that makes any sense! I do really like the packaging and texture of the cleanser. The tiny sand-like grains disintegrate and turn into a gentler foam while washing - this is something I've been trying to find in an exfoliator forever!

Ultimately, it feels like Microdelivery aggravates my face more than it helps. I'm going to give it a few more tries but will probably keep it to a few times a month and I definitely do not recommend for everyday use if your skin is on the sensitive side. I'm going to stick with my Aveeno brightening scrub which I love and recommend for everyday use!

*Update - I used this product for the 3rd time last night, and this AM my skin (mostly cheeks) is bright red, throbbing, and feels numb to the touch. I think I might have some chemical burns. Definitely won't be using this product again!