Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash

4.1

Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Diatomaceous Earth, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Panthenol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The exfoliating grains in the wash are very tiny and not enough of them to really do a good job. The cleanser base is a gel-cream wash and I do not feel like it cleans my face as well as my regular cleanser does.

I like this face exfoliator very much. I have oily acne prone but sensitive skin that will get irritated with some facial scrubs, due to using Retain A Micro. The bottle lasted me quite a while, but I only used it every few days or so. It does say on the packaging that it is gentle enough to use every day and I'm sure that's true for some. My main problem is the packaging. I like that the scrub is kept in a squeeze bottle, but the flip top lid kept clogging on mine because it wouldn't open all the way. I am not sure if it was just my bottle that had the problem or if they all have that problem. For me, it was also pricey. I did some research on the ingredients and one of the main exfoliants was something called "diatomaceous earth." Diatomaceous earth can be purchased in health food stores for about $20 for a huge container that lasts forever and can be used as a substitute for this. I mix it with Purity Made Simple or OCM recipe and scrub away with the same result.

What I love about this product is you decide how much of an exfoliant you want. For a good scrub, shake the bottle vigourously, and don't shake for a light exfoliation. My skin feels clean afterwards and looks brighter.

It's a little pricier than drugstore exfoliants but there's a lot of product in the bottle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love, Love, Love this product. I use it just about everyday it is that gentle. It is also very effective in exfoliation even though to me, it is a very gentle exfoliating wash. I use this every morning to prep my skin for moisturizer and makeup. I have only purchased in 16oz size (not sure if they have a smaller or bigger size) and it last a long time. A little really does go a long way with this.

I used this once and hated it! I felt like i was washing my face with glass shards. I will never use this again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Use this after purity made simple. Buy the big duo from qvc best place to get products. My skin is happy happy happy n me too. I stopped using my ckairsonic use purity with a washcloth then this cleanser. Wish I would've have never invested in that brush. It did nothing the washcloth n purity are much more effective.

I have to agree with the few negative reviews on here. Did nothing to clear my skin (in fact, I feel a residue that's almost oily), and now I have this giant bottle that's more than half full and occupying valuable real estate on the corner of my tub. But considering the cost (not a cheap product) I'm hesitant to pitch it. If you try this out first time, get a small bottle, if possible.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

AMAZING! I had heard so many raves about this product and after using I for several months I can see why. My dull skin has never been brighter and smootther. Yes, it's a bit expensive but you get what you pay for and it last forever! I use 3x a week at night, however that might change once the weather gets cooler.

For an exfoliating product, I don't think it does much of it. The little grainy bits are so tiny it doesn't do all that much with one wash. Maybe if this product was used everyday it could make the face smooth and flake free. But all that would do is dry it out too much and make it worse over time.

Texture: Gel/Cream with little bits in it.

Scent: Not bothersome. Standard. i don't think this would bother someone that's sensitive to fragrance.

Finish: I feel like this takes makeup off better than the Purity cleanser but this left my face feeling tight, which I hate.

Effects: Still flakey and my foundation shows dry patches. But at the same time, oily too. Just doesn't cut it for what it says it does. Perhaps, too gentle. Not worth the money.

Yet another Philosophy product that I'm going to give away. Wasted so much money on this company. Not worth the Hype.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It does a pretty good job making my face smooth. Don't use it everyday because it can only remove so much dead skin from your face. I recommend using it twice a week. It smells really good. Downsides? Sometimes it can get in your mouth and it has an incredibly salty taste. So steer clear of your mouth area when rubbing in on your face. The product also clogs up the cap. I have to unscrew the cap off everytime I use it.