April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is based on mine and my Mother's use of this product as I bought it and it didn't work out for me at all. I have very oily skin and this foundation slipped right off my face, even with an oil-control primer under it. I hated it. My Mom has DRY skin however, and since we are the same shade, I gave it to her and she absolutely loves it. She uses the Smashbox primer w/Dermaxyl and this foundation over it. It does not look "makeupy," but very natural and glowy. She loves it so much that I had to review it for both of us. Besides, I can see how nice it looks on her, so I guess if your skin is oily, forget this, but if you're dry to normal, you might like it..

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by katielotus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very fair skin and even the lightest shade was too dark. Has a VERY yellow undertone. Would probably work on ladies with olive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by mysoxlike2party

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works really well with a good powder over it. I used this liquid foundation over a bare minerals powder and that helps even your skin tone and cover up things Smashbox's HD Foundation can't. I (likely) won't be buying again because I feel MUFE HD Foundation will work better than Smashbox's. But in the case I can't get MUFE's, I won't feel that bad repurchasing it. HOWEVER, the pump stopped working after a while... I had to shake the product and kind of slam it onto the palm of my hand to get some product, so that sucked.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has medium coverage that is build able and easy to blend evening out skintone. It does not feel heavy on the face, so it doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation. It's good for normal to combination skin. So if you have either very dry or very oily skin I wouldn't recommend this because it doesn't smooth out dry patches nor is it long lasting.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't think this was great. I had only heard good things about this, but I found the texture to be quite oily with a tendency to separate, the 'light' shade was much too dark for me (might have worked with a suntan in the summer) and the coverage was too sheer, made my skin too shiny, and didn't hide any blemishes. After a couple of hours' wear, it was long gone. Really disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by tabster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: Yay, the rash was from something else, it has been clearing up and I am still using this foundation.
Origional post: The foundation applies beautifully and lasts very well when set with powder. But, because my skin is so ultra sensitive, it gave me a smell rash. Now, that being said, I still recommend it because my skin breaks out with almost anything, I can't see this foundation causing a reaction on a skin not as sensitive as mine. I say give this a try, Smashbox is one of my favourite brands!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by BunkysPrincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is hands down the best makeup for me.I live in Florida and with the heat and humidity and water activities here this foundation LASTS.I mean waterpark lasting! Great coverage with minimal amount of product! 1 bottle lasts 6 months plus with minimal coverage and 3 months with piling it on for maximum coverage.If you're looking for a great summer foundation THIS IS IT <3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by misskatluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite foundation. It's a light foundation. I like not wearing too much foundation. It gives a very flawless natural look. I also like that has a pump. I recently tried one of Clinique's foundation only cuz it was cheaper but came running back to this one. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by FabCo

Iīm not sure if this is a bad product or I simply didnīt knew how to use it, but Iīm surprised I managed to finish the bottle.
It has a weird consistency for a liquid foundation, IMO itīs more like a primer. Has no coverage at all and whenever I tried to build it up, it clumped. On the same make up haul I bought the Halo Perfecting Powder -which I like a lot- but when I applied it to "set" the foundation, it clumped again.
As for the shade, it was a peachy beige on the bottle but almost invisible when applied -again, no coverage at all-.
Finally I decided to mix it with another foundation -Dermablend from Vichy- so I could finish the bottle; fortunately it worked, diminishing the thickness from Dermablend but keeping the coverage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best foundations I've ever used. I can't wear it too many days in a row or a start to develop cystic pimples, so I only wear it only when I'm going out and I don't get any breakouts. The color M3 matches me perfectly and it's a great foundation for those of you who would like to look natural up close. It's not cakey and concealer wears well over it (I use Cle De Peau). The reason I gave it a rating of 5/5 is because it is so hard for me to find a foundation that both wears well, matches perfectly and has a great consistency. I'm not a liquid foundation girl to begin with, so wearing this only on certain occasions suffices for me.

Edit on 2/10/13: Had to reduce my rating. The color M3 oxidized and turned darker throughout the day and turned me into an oompa loompa.