July 30, 2014 | 2042 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Decent foundation. It's lighter in coverage and texture than the Studio Skin. It also has a dewier finish than the supposedly-hydrating Studio Skin. The color does oxidize slightly. I would consider getting color-matched (taking the oxidizing into account) and trying the full-size.

This was part of the "Complexion Try It" kit in Light, so the shade is L3. I knew L3 would be slightly too dark because the Fair kit has shade F0, the fairest of the fair and too light for me. When applied, the L3 gives me the look of a slight tan…so this shade may work at the end of the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by mishhell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My skin tends to be a bit oily at times, but it's managable (not TOO oily), and it's extremely sensitive... which makes it acne-prone at times. Plus I have a medium-olive toned skin color.

THIS is why Smashbox FX foundation is so perfect for me! Seriously my skin NEVER breaks out when I wear it... and I wear it for about 6-8 hours a day with no problem.

BEST way to apply this for medium-full coverage: moisturize/prime skin, apply foundation, and then apply a light powder on top (I like to use Bare Minerals). And by doing this, my foundation will usually last me all day without a problem, and it'll cover up any blemish on my face without making me look cakey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is based on mine and my Mother's use of this product as I bought it and it didn't work out for me at all. I have very oily skin and this foundation slipped right off my face, even with an oil-control primer under it. I hated it. My Mom has DRY skin however, and since we are the same shade, I gave it to her and she absolutely loves it. She uses the Smashbox primer w/Dermaxyl and this foundation over it. It does not look "makeupy," but very natural and glowy. She loves it so much that I had to review it for both of us. Besides, I can see how nice it looks on her, so I guess if your skin is oily, forget this, but if you're dry to normal, you might like it..

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by katielotus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very fair skin and even the lightest shade was too dark. Has a VERY yellow undertone. Would probably work on ladies with olive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by mysoxlike2party

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works really well with a good powder over it. I used this liquid foundation over a bare minerals powder and that helps even your skin tone and cover up things Smashbox's HD Foundation can't. I (likely) won't be buying again because I feel MUFE HD Foundation will work better than Smashbox's. But in the case I can't get MUFE's, I won't feel that bad repurchasing it. HOWEVER, the pump stopped working after a while... I had to shake the product and kind of slam it onto the palm of my hand to get some product, so that sucked.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has medium coverage that is build able and easy to blend evening out skintone. It does not feel heavy on the face, so it doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation. It's good for normal to combination skin. So if you have either very dry or very oily skin I wouldn't recommend this because it doesn't smooth out dry patches nor is it long lasting.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't think this was great. I had only heard good things about this, but I found the texture to be quite oily with a tendency to separate, the 'light' shade was much too dark for me (might have worked with a suntan in the summer) and the coverage was too sheer, made my skin too shiny, and didn't hide any blemishes. After a couple of hours' wear, it was long gone. Really disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by tabster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: Yay, the rash was from something else, it has been clearing up and I am still using this foundation.
Origional post: The foundation applies beautifully and lasts very well when set with powder. But, because my skin is so ultra sensitive, it gave me a smell rash. Now, that being said, I still recommend it because my skin breaks out with almost anything, I can't see this foundation causing a reaction on a skin not as sensitive as mine. I say give this a try, Smashbox is one of my favourite brands!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by BunkysPrincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is hands down the best makeup for me.I live in Florida and with the heat and humidity and water activities here this foundation LASTS.I mean waterpark lasting! Great coverage with minimal amount of product! 1 bottle lasts 6 months plus with minimal coverage and 3 months with piling it on for maximum coverage.If you're looking for a great summer foundation THIS IS IT <3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by misskatluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite foundation. It's a light foundation. I like not wearing too much foundation. It gives a very flawless natural look. I also like that has a pump. I recently tried one of Clinique's foundation only cuz it was cheaper but came running back to this one. Love it!