Dove Unscented Beauty Bar

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate or Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 7/23/2012 1:09:00 AM

I've purchased this so many times I've lost count. Its a great gentle moisturizing bar that can be used on your face or body. If using on your face, I would recommend a separate product to remove makeup first, and then cleanse again after with this soap. Also fantastic for cleaning makeup brushes!

This was originally recommended to me by my dermatologist to cleanse my skin when I was on accutane and Retin A

on 6/7/2012 2:50:00 AM

I have skin that is very healthy and clean as said by my dermatologist she also said i have a skin type that could try anything.

I tried this because one of my friends just told me to try it with out information is she tried it or not.

So I bought it and washed my face and the first two weeks were fine but after two weeks it was beginning to stop cleaning and moisturizing. The effect just doze off.

But my skin is naturally I never got blackheads/whiteheads. I would get acne about once every few months/years.

But this started giving me blackheads and dried out my skin.

But I dont wear make-up and only wash my face in the morning.

on 5/24/2012 10:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HOLY GRAIL! this is by far my favorite soap! im a soap kinda girl cause i have sensitive skin. this cleared up my body acne! as well. it is soooo moisturiizing. you dont need lotion afterwards. i usually use this as face wash too. i really miss this soap! im trying to use up other soaps like caress! the only problem i have with this is that it runs out reallllly fast!

on 4/19/2012 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is one of the few soaps that does not aggravate my skin. It used to be my HG soap until I learned that Dove tests on animals, and the active ingridiants are derived from animal by products.

Ingridiants: Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

sodium tallowate. This soap compound is the natural result of combining sodium hydroxide (lye) with animal beef tissue. Tallow is considered by some to clog pores, cause blackheads, and increase eczema for those individuals with sensitive skin. (BEEF TISSUE! no wonder fragrance is added to most soaps).

A better alternative to Dove is glycerine soap or vegatable based soap. You'll probably need to hit up your local health food store to find them,but it will be worhwhile.

here is one I found online:

on 2/1/2012 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It makes my skin just as dry and tight as any other soap, and when I tried it on my face it gave me deep, painful, red pimples :( Ouch.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this soap. I enjoy using fancy shower gels to wash, but I shave every other day and like to use soap to do it. I like that now I have nothing competing with/covering up the scent of my shower gel. Other Dove soaps always break me out if I use them on my face, but this doesn't. It's also good for days when I have a headache or otherwise don't want any scent at all. When I use it as a body cleanser, I smell and feel completely clean, even if I used it in a cold shower. It doesn't smell great---there's a reason why most products are fragranced to some degree---but what smell there is goes away quickly. I do feel like it lathers more than the other Dove soaps, but it isn't drying for me. I'll be buying this from now on.

on 1/30/2012 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Cleans well and does not irritate my skin. I prefer the scented Dove, but this is a staple in both mine and my mother's households.

on 1/16/2012 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I decided to give this a go as my skin has been breaking out from stress and the cold weather. I wanted a simple, unscented cleanser for quick face washes in the morning that wouldn't strip my skin of moisture. I'd previously been using Coal Face from Lush but it was getting expensive and it was overly drying.

This is working really well. It just gently cleans, my skin doesn't feel tight and the breakouts seem to be subsiding! I also use it after face masks and makeup removers to just gently remove the last traces without overly stripping the skin. In the UK this is called Dove Extra Sensitive but I think it's just the unscented version of the normal cream bar.

It cost me just over one pound for 2 bars, and I think I'll stick with this for a while and not try anything fancy. Sometimes simple is best.

on 12/25/2011 11:19:00 PM

This product does not get as creamy as the original beauty bar [over time] and it is better for sensitive skin since it doesn't have the obvious fragrance. Tried using this for my face a couple times and it seemed overall soothing, but I chickened out because of the idea of clogging pores. Dove makes such great basic bar soaps out there for daily washing without stripping moisture.

on 12/18/2011 2:29:00 PM

EDIT May 1st 2012:
After fiddling around with (pricey) Clarins "gentle" foaming cleanser and finding it aging my skin within days, then back to LRP Toleriane and finding it just too drying...I am BACK ON THE DOVE BAR. I think I promise never to leave you again, Dove. You are the loyalist low-maintenance, inexpensive girl's best friend ever.

5 because it's the best.
2 on price because it disappears fast so isn't actually super cheap.
and 3 on packaging for the same reason, not so easy to travel with unless you cut a chunk off and put saran wrap on it. (Which I do; I have it in my yoga bag, in my car, in my travel kit, at the sink, in the shower, you name it.)

That said, back to the 5:
this soap has soothed my skin and my mood more times than I can count.
I recently went back to it after a VIchy nightmare that left me broken out everywhere, even under my eyes and my neck. Add to that the retinol I convinced myself to try (dumb ass that I am) and I was not pretty. WIthin two weeks of doing two things (see the review for the Clarins Hydraquench Cooling cream-gel moisturizer) one of which was a light lather at night with dove sensitive bar, and my skin is positively 180 degrees turned around.

Keep It Simple Stupid. I ought to remember that. I look better, I feel better, and I can relax when I read and see the latest photo-shopped advertisement for a pricey fancy cleanser that has nothing on my dove bar!!