August 27, 2014 | 974 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Ciment Thermique

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lightweight milk that leaves my hair smoot. I really like the product it general.
However, my hair gets very frizzy after I use it, so i have to use an anti frizz product after this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by joana7

Pros:
- Pleasant, fresh scent that reminds me of cucumber;
- Lightweight;
- A little goes a long way;
- It's supposed to last for 5 washes (but I'm not taking any chances so I use it every time I heat style my hair)

Cons:
- Packaging - awkward lid;
- My hair looks dry and sometimes frizzy when I use this;
- Can't tell if this actually "reconstructs" hair as it claims to. My hair does not feel stronger / healthier than it was before I started using this.;
- Price

I purchased this after a big chop in January and was hoping that it would help me keep my hair in good shape so I could finally grow it out. I don't use heat on my hair that often (once or twice a week max) and I figured that if I would use a good heat protectant every time I do use heat on my hair, I would be on the right track.

The truth is that after all these months of using it I am still on the fence about it. I recently had to cut my hair again (first time since January) because I couldn't stand the split ends and the overall dry look of my hair. I feel that while this product offers a decent heat protection, it probably does not reconstruct hair like it claims to. There's probably heat protectants that are as good as this one out there so I will keep looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Tearbag1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product. I use this with the fiber architect and my hair is soft and shiny. Took off one lippy for the price

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well this is ok for my hair, but not anything too exciting. My hair is very frizzy and curly and it's a real pain to keep those curl in shape. It doesn't do much when I leave my hair to dry naturally (obviously, it's heat activated!) but when I use the dryer it really makes my hair nice and curly. I also noticed lately that when I use a bit of the creme Oleo Relax (for curly hair) it tends to keep my hair nice and as frizzy-free as possible, even when the weather is humid. I am not too sure I will re-purchase to be honest, but if you blow dry your hair all the time, this might not be such a bad product!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by MaryMc95

i have used this a few times and i dont like the smell or the sticky texture. am i using it all wrong? everyone is giving it very good reviews. i think i will stick to my john frieda thermal. if i am wrong about it id like to know coz it isnt cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 4:00:00 AM More reviews by kcianciolo009

I have been using this product for about 2 years and have bought it for my friends every holiday. I cannot express how amazing it is. The fact that using heat on it activates the product makes me feel less guilty about styling my already damaged hair. I constantly dye my hair, from black, to bleach blonde, to bright red, to pastels, back to brown...etc. This will ALWAYS be my go to product and have found it online for literally half the salon price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by jsmith54

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After having dyed blonde hair for about 10 years, I decided to dye it brown to make it healthier. However even a big haircut, constant treatments and a decrease in straightening/blow drying left my hair looking dry and lifeless with dead ends. I suffer from hypothyroidism, which drys out my hair a lot and there isn't anything I can do about it - until now!! This product leaves your hair feeling silky without making it greasy, and it doesn't weigh it down. I couldn't say better things about it. I used to use sprays as heat protectants but honestly nothing compares to this. Couldn't say better things about it! <3 :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My hair is fine, if not cared properly it becomes brittle, I color it every month and use flat iron almost every day. I have been using this product for the last 1.5 months. It is lightweight and doesnít make my hair greasy at all (I use only a walnut-size of it). It has a very pleasant fresh lemony-citrus scent but it doesnít stay more than 30 minutes on my hair.
The first time I used this leave-in treatment I didnít see much of a difference and was a bit disappointed. But after I applied it few times more (around 4-6 times) I started to see that the structure of my hair improved for better and hair started to look healthier and stronger. And now after 1.5 months the difference is really visible (but I started to use it at the same time with elixir ultime, so they both make the difference to my hair). For some reason it works gradually, making my hair better with every application.
I apply it after washing my hair and leave it to dry naturally and at this stage I donít see much of a result. But when I start to straighten my hair with a flat iron, the milk works amazingly, making my hair silkier and smoother.
The only complain is it doesnít keep my hair straight, there are some hair creams that help me not to use flat iron every single day but this one doesnít keep the desired effect. But overall, it is an excellent heat protector, one of the best.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by fazli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Have used it only twice, so will update.

Pros:
Easy coming
Hair looks piece piece, not like some unidentified mass

Cons:
Hair looks electrisized, no smoothness
Lacking shine

works good if combined with an additional mask during a shower, but too much hassle and even more expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by parisbyrum19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well where to start? i really like this, it's definitely one of the best heat protectors out there and used with heat is said to strengthen the hair, i don't doubt this! i use this with elixir ultime and a little fekkai glossing creme and my hair look virgin! for being a platinum blonde that's a pretty big achievement, never the less i would definitely buy this again, when i don't use it i find my hair is a little more sensitive! loveeeee