Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes - Matte Black 0L

3.5

on 1/22/2014 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Pros: none
Cons: expensive, very dry to apply on lash line or anywhere, hard to sharpen even after putting it in freezer for a couple of minutes, bad colour pay off...
Any much cheaper brand is miles better..I love their gel eyeliner, was my first gel one and was really good quality. Disappointing product 100%. Thought mine could be a bad one or old but I think more people had same problems with it.

on 1/18/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Do not buy this! The only reason I gave this any stars is because yes it lives up to the brand name. It does stay on longer than any other pencil eyeliner I've tried. Cons: terrible application on skin-rough to put on, you half to press hard and practically tug at the lash line. Does not go on smooth. Only good for UPPER waterline application. Sharpens horribly - constantly breaks and considering the amount this costs it should last considerably longer. I gave it two chances because i thought I might have gotten a bad batch and I heard it stays on forever but even the second one I bought constantly broke and applied horribly.

on 1/3/2014 11:58:00 PM

I will start off by saying this eyeliner is NOT good to use on the upper lid (on actual skin) because it's not very pigmented, AT ALL....& because of this, it will be hard to get it to "glide" across the upper lid. Having said that, this eyeliner is one of the best I have ever came across for use on the waterline...which is just about the only eye area this will work on. This stays put on my waterline longer than anything else I've ever used, doesn't smear, & doesn't irritate my eyes (& I've used A LOT, Urban Decay's 24/7 liners included). Urban Decay 24/7's are way more pigmented & will do great on the upper lid, but suck on the waterline. So, this isn't anything close to a deep black....but the formula works amazing on the waterline for some reason. Only reason I gave this 4 stars is because this works for what I use it for, which is only on my waterline. So, very understandable why so many people would be dissapointed...because you WILL be dissapointed if you use this on the upper lid. Be warned.

on 12/12/2013 2:15:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm very unimpressed with this liner. Both the color and staying power are done so much better by so many brands. Even drugstore brands. UD, NYX, Milani, and Rimmel all do eyeliners that blow this one out of the water, just to name a few.

on 8/4/2013 2:09:00 PM

I have super oily skin and droopy eyelids with lots of folds, so eyeliner NEVER stays on me. Ever. And if it's the summer you can forget it. I've tried gel, pencil layered with powder, liquid, etc and nothing lasts more than a few hours.

Despite its waterproof claims this liner only stayed on me for about 3 hours. I even tried wearing it layered with shadow and/or a primer such as MAC paint pots and that still wouldn't work.

Also, It looks very black but when you put it on it's definitely a soft black. Really more of a dark gray. I kept layering it to get it darker but nothing helped. If you're looking for that dark kohl color that I love for night this won't do it :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not really a fan of eye liner pencils. I tend to stick to liquid eyeliners (Urban decay 24/7 liquid liner is my HG). I tried using this for tightlining my upper lid and it was a complete fail. I blinked and BAM I have smudges under my eyes. On the second occasion, I tried again and this time used it for my lower lash line which resulted in the same result. Two hours later I have smudges underneath my eye. I just find it too...mushy. Perhaps I should put it the fridge to harden it up?

on 6/29/2013 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have hooded eyes and this is the best eyeliner I have ever tried for tightlining. The directions are to apply three layers and let dry 30 seconds between applications. This works! I usually have to do my concealer last because of transfer from eyeliner but with this product, I have no transfer onto my lower lashline. I just swatched the Armani Silk Waterproof eyeliner and will probably try that next as it seems more creamy than MUFE.

The one thing I don't like about this eyeliner is it needs constant sharpening and I seem to go through them twice as fast as Urban Decay liners. Prefer an automatic pencil in this case and also a lower price would be nice as have to repurchase too often.

on 5/4/2013 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

it applies nicely and the pigmentation is nice. it's creamy at first so you have time to blend it. i used this to do line my upper lashline and had problems with it transferring by the end of the day. i didn't even bother tightlining. it's a shame because it's a great strong black.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Nope. Not worth the price. The pigmentation just isn't there. The Sephora SA told me how dark this eyeliner is and how well it holds up all day. (She told me she was wearing it and her eyes were jet-black.) I truly believe she must have re-applied the liner to her eyes at least 35 times top and bottom to get the line as black as she did because there is no way this pencil shows up black when I try to line my eyes. And when I use it on my waterline? Let's just say it's as if it's really on a coastal waterline and the water has washed it away, because it just isn't there.
When I line my upper lid, it shows up as a greyish black. If I want to do a type of smokey eye and smudge, I'd use this. That's if I want a grey effect, mind you. I won't even bother using it on my lower lids for the waterline because it won't stay at all. What a waste. On top of that, it's very difficult to remove. It's not a soft pencil at all, and I don't like using a pencil that tugs anywhere on the skin around my eyes. I have found pencils at the drugstore that were softer, darker and lasted longer than this. I've also found department store pencils that were better. Just didn't work for me.
All in all, an expensive pencil that didn't show up as black, was too hard, too difficult to remove, won't do a waterline and isn't cruelty-free.

This is one of those products where I purchased it based soley on the hype and curiousity. I can't say that it's a bad product, just nothing special and definitely not something worth spending $17 on.

I find the formula to be too dry making it hard to blend or smudge. Staying power isnt anything special either, smudges like most of the eyeliners I've tried. I prefer creamy eyeliners like the UD 24/7 and the UD has much better pigmentation and staying power.

If you were to spend a fortune on an eye pencil I'd go for the UD 24/7 liner instead. Other than that, there are many drugstore pencil liners that I would rather spend my money on like the L'oreal Lineur Intense & Milani Liquifeye liner.