October 26, 2014 | 1077 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes - Matte Black 0L

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I will start off by saying this eyeliner is NOT good to use on the upper lid (on actual skin) because it's not very pigmented, AT ALL....& because of this, it will be hard to get it to "glide" across the upper lid. Having said that, this eyeliner is one of the best I have ever came across for use on the waterline...which is just about the only eye area this will work on. This stays put on my waterline longer than anything else I've ever used, doesn't smear, & doesn't irritate my eyes (& I've used A LOT, Urban Decay's 24/7 liners included). Urban Decay 24/7's are way more pigmented & will do great on the upper lid, but suck on the waterline. So, this isn't anything close to a deep black....but the formula works amazing on the waterline for some reason. Only reason I gave this 4 stars is because this works for what I use it for, which is only on my waterline. So, very understandable why so many people would be dissapointed...because you WILL be dissapointed if you use this on the upper lid. Be warned.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm very unimpressed with this liner. Both the color and staying power are done so much better by so many brands. Even drugstore brands. UD, NYX, Milani, and Rimmel all do eyeliners that blow this one out of the water, just to name a few.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by moe5474

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have super oily skin and droopy eyelids with lots of folds, so eyeliner NEVER stays on me. Ever. And if it's the summer you can forget it. I've tried gel, pencil layered with powder, liquid, etc and nothing lasts more than a few hours.

Despite its waterproof claims this liner only stayed on me for about 3 hours. I even tried wearing it layered with shadow and/or a primer such as MAC paint pots and that still wouldn't work.

Also, It looks very black but when you put it on it's definitely a soft black. Really more of a dark gray. I kept layering it to get it darker but nothing helped. If you're looking for that dark kohl color that I love for night this won't do it :(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

I'm not really a fan of eye liner pencils. I tend to stick to liquid eyeliners (Urban decay 24/7 liquid liner is my HG). I tried using this for tightlining my upper lid and it was a complete fail. I blinked and BAM I have smudges under my eyes. On the second occasion, I tried again and this time used it for my lower lash line which resulted in the same result. Two hours later I have smudges underneath my eye. I just find it too...mushy. Perhaps I should put it the fridge to harden it up?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by denisiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have hooded eyes and this is the best eyeliner I have ever tried for tightlining. The directions are to apply three layers and let dry 30 seconds between applications. This works! I usually have to do my concealer last because of transfer from eyeliner but with this product, I have no transfer onto my lower lashline. I just swatched the Armani Silk Waterproof eyeliner and will probably try that next as it seems more creamy than MUFE.

The one thing I don't like about this eyeliner is it needs constant sharpening and I seem to go through them twice as fast as Urban Decay liners. Prefer an automatic pencil in this case and also a lower price would be nice as have to repurchase too often.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 8:14:00 AM More reviews by meepinmeggi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it applies nicely and the pigmentation is nice. it's creamy at first so you have time to blend it. i used this to do line my upper lashline and had problems with it transferring by the end of the day. i didn't even bother tightlining. it's a shame because it's a great strong black.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nope. Not worth the price. The pigmentation just isn't there. The Sephora SA told me how dark this eyeliner is and how well it holds up all day. (She told me she was wearing it and her eyes were jet-black.) I truly believe she must have re-applied the liner to her eyes at least 35 times top and bottom to get the line as black as she did because there is no way this pencil shows up black when I try to line my eyes. And when I use it on my waterline? Let's just say it's as if it's really on a coastal waterline and the water has washed it away, because it just isn't there.
When I line my upper lid, it shows up as a greyish black. If I want to do a type of smokey eye and smudge, I'd use this. That's if I want a grey effect, mind you. I won't even bother using it on my lower lids for the waterline because it won't stay at all. What a waste. On top of that, it's very difficult to remove. It's not a soft pencil at all, and I don't like using a pencil that tugs anywhere on the skin around my eyes. I have found pencils at the drugstore that were softer, darker and lasted longer than this. I've also found department store pencils that were better. Just didn't work for me.
All in all, an expensive pencil that didn't show up as black, was too hard, too difficult to remove, won't do a waterline and isn't cruelty-free.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Stacieeelovesit

This is one of those products where I purchased it based soley on the hype and curiousity. I can't say that it's a bad product, just nothing special and definitely not something worth spending $17 on.

I find the formula to be too dry making it hard to blend or smudge. Staying power isnt anything special either, smudges like most of the eyeliners I've tried. I prefer creamy eyeliners like the UD 24/7 and the UD has much better pigmentation and staying power.

If you were to spend a fortune on an eye pencil I'd go for the UD 24/7 liner instead. Other than that, there are many drugstore pencil liners that I would rather spend my money on like the L'oreal Lineur Intense & Milani Liquifeye liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Alot of people don't like this eyeliner, but I really like it!
I use this pencil on days that I'm too lazy to apply my MAC blacktrack fluidline. I use this pencil on both my upper and lower lash lines and smudging has never been an issue. I have very oily eyelids and my eyes tolerate this great. For me, it stays all day and it does the job that a black eyeliner should do. It goes on smoothly and I prefer this over the UD 24/7 liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy I didn't buy three full size of this product. I received a sample of this in a kit from Sephora. It lacks in pigmentation and staying power. I have pencils from the drugstore way cheaper and have betterstaying power. I expected alot out of Todd product, from reviews and price tag. But i'm not going to recommend this to anyone no matter what the brand name is