April 21, 2014 | 1398 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Mat Black 0L

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by denisiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have hooded eyes and this is the best eyeliner I have ever tried for tightlining. The directions are to apply three layers and let dry 30 seconds between applications. This works! I usually have to do my concealer last because of transfer from eyeliner but with this product, I have no transfer onto my lower lashline. I just swatched the Armani Silk Waterproof eyeliner and will probably try that next as it seems more creamy than MUFE.

The one thing I don't like about this eyeliner is it needs constant sharpening and I seem to go through them twice as fast as Urban Decay liners. Prefer an automatic pencil in this case and also a lower price would be nice as have to repurchase too often.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 8:14:00 AM More reviews by meepinmeggi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it applies nicely and the pigmentation is nice. it's creamy at first so you have time to blend it. i used this to do line my upper lashline and had problems with it transferring by the end of the day. i didn't even bother tightlining. it's a shame because it's a great strong black.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nope. Not worth the price. The pigmentation just isn't there. The Sephora SA told me how dark this eyeliner is and how well it holds up all day. (She told me she was wearing it and her eyes were jet-black.) I truly believe she must have re-applied the liner to her eyes at least 35 times top and bottom to get the line as black as she did because there is no way this pencil shows up black when I try to line my eyes. And when I use it on my waterline? Let's just say it's as if it's really on a coastal waterline and the water has washed it away, because it just isn't there.
When I line my upper lid, it shows up as a greyish black. If I want to do a type of smokey eye and smudge, I'd use this. That's if I want a grey effect, mind you. I won't even bother using it on my lower lids for the waterline because it won't stay at all. What a waste. On top of that, it's very difficult to remove. It's not a soft pencil at all, and I don't like using a pencil that tugs anywhere on the skin around my eyes. I have found pencils at the drugstore that were softer, darker and lasted longer than this. I've also found department store pencils that were better. Just didn't work for me.
All in all, an expensive pencil that didn't show up as black, was too hard, too difficult to remove, won't do a waterline and isn't cruelty-free.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Stacieeelovesit

This is one of those products where I purchased it based soley on the hype and curiousity. I can't say that it's a bad product, just nothing special and definitely not something worth spending $17 on.

I find the formula to be too dry making it hard to blend or smudge. Staying power isnt anything special either, smudges like most of the eyeliners I've tried. I prefer creamy eyeliners like the UD 24/7 and the UD has much better pigmentation and staying power.

If you were to spend a fortune on an eye pencil I'd go for the UD 24/7 liner instead. Other than that, there are many drugstore pencil liners that I would rather spend my money on like the L'oreal Lineur Intense & Milani Liquifeye liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Alot of people don't like this eyeliner, but I really like it!
I use this pencil on days that I'm too lazy to apply my MAC blacktrack fluidline. I use this pencil on both my upper and lower lash lines and smudging has never been an issue. I have very oily eyelids and my eyes tolerate this great. For me, it stays all day and it does the job that a black eyeliner should do. It goes on smoothly and I prefer this over the UD 24/7 liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy I didn't buy three full size of this product. I received a sample of this in a kit from Sephora. It lacks in pigmentation and staying power. I have pencils from the drugstore way cheaper and have betterstaying power. I expected alot out of Todd product, from reviews and price tag. But i'm not going to recommend this to anyone no matter what the brand name is

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by cagedpopmachine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have at times been an eyeliner junkie. This is my favorite eyeliner ever. I use it on my lash line and it lasts all day, doesn't fade or shift. Granted, I avoid touching my eyes, and put some kind of base on my eyelids, usually foundation/bb cream because I'm lazy most days. I've cried with it on (many times, since i've had a kept pencil of this on hand for a for a few years) and it always lasts, where as my mascara gets the alice cooper effect. I don't use liner my waterline, I think it's unreasonable to expected a liner to last through that kind of wear. But on my lashline, I have to use a good make up remover to get the liner off. It has great pigmentation. It can smudge on very oily skin, or right after it's applied, but even smudge it stays better than almost anything. UD 24/7 is the only comparable liner I know of for color and staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As far as pencil eyeliners from Sephora go, this is priced on the cheaper end for sure. From all the pencil liners there this is the most longest lasting. Not as long lasting as say bobbi browns gel eyeliner but for a pencil this is fantastic. The only thing I dont like about it is it requires a lot of sharpening so it doesnt last quite so long but since the price is lower Im happy to repurchase. The consistency is not overly creamy but dry enough to get a good tight line and still smooth enough for an effortless thick cat eye. I highly recommend this one, lasts forever on your eyes with very minimal migration but invest in a good sharpener.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by ShadowDreamr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this eyeliner after a Sephora employee raved about this. Make no mistake..I love the MUFE HD foundation, but this eyeliner is TERRIBLE! I found that the drugstore Revlon Colorstay eyeliners lasted longer than this expensive piece of junk, and so much cheaper. After an hour of wearing this eyeliner with primer (Urban Decay's primer potion), it had smudged everywhere. UGH. I do not recommend this for anyone with oily eyelids or going anywhere near water. Definately not longlasting nor waterproof as it claims. I can't even say that it has a rich black color. It takes it awhile it to build and you have to sharpen it very often. So I say gals, don't even bother with this eyeliner.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

After hearing the hype about this eyeliner, reading positive reviews and that it's a makeup artist favorite, I thought I may have been doing something wrong to be so displeased with it...

I love jet-black eyeliner to make my eyes pop. (My eyes are super dark brown, and soft black/gray doesn't quite do the job. Tbh, I don't see how it would work well on most eye colors. ) With this eyeliner, I have to apply over and over on my waterline (which is what I bought it for) to achieve the look I want. I end up just using my old Lancome eyeliner that would wear off on top of whatever color this product gives. At least my Lancome pencil will initially go on smoothly and black, even if it doesn't last as beautifully as I'd like. On a positive note, I had no sensitivity to the product, but it's still something I do NOT recommend and I plan on returning it to Sephora.