October 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Nivea - Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This isn't bad but it isn't good either. I didn't have any problems with it burning my skin but it really isn't very good at removing make-up, especially mascara or anything waterproof. I use the waterproof version now.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2011 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Anna1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For all those with SENSITIVE eyes:
This does not help much. I had big problems with this product. It burned me, it gave me redness.
This may be just my case, but I still wanted to warn you. Just because it said "gentle" on the label, does not make it fit for sensitive eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2011 6:42:00 AM More reviews by spf30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product as it was voted top eye makeup remover in the book, 'Beauty Steals'. I just can't understand why anyone has rated this so well because the bottom line is, it DOESN'T REMOVE EYE MAKEUP! (and by the way, I do not use waterproof mascara). Performance was so poor, that I actually threw the bottle away after just a few uses which is something I never normally do. Needless to say, I would not recommend this, and am now having serious reservations about the validity of the people from The Beauty Bible who put out the book which recommended it so highly. I'll be sticking firmly to MUA from now on for the low down on products!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I got this as my mum brought me back the wrong eye makeup remover from the store and so I just thought I would use it up and see how it was. It doesn't remove alot. Takes off most traces of eyeshadow and non-waterproof mascara. Doesn't remove my gel eyeliner, liquid liner or pencil, so it's pretty useless for that. I ended up using this to remove light foundation. Did a better job with that. Didn't sting my skin but disapointed with this product :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by sillydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know what everyone's talking about - personally, this product does not dry my eyes out, it does not leave me itching or burning and it gets my makeup off fine. Even my mascara (non-waterproof). You just have to repeat the cleansing a couple of times.
The only downside is that it doesn't remove waterproof makeup. When I'm wearing waterproof makeup, I just use something else.
I have nothing to complain about regarding the packaging but it's nothing special either. Just kinda what you'd expect.
The product is cheap and easy to come by, very convenient.
I use this every day. So yes, I'd definitely buy it again, since it's cheap, efficient and easy to find.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by hxcvibes21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this eye makeup remover it is really gentle on my eyes and doesnt sting at all. I would give it 5 stars but im giving it 4 because it does dry my eyes out abit!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by playsomebeat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WORST PRODUCT EVER. DRIES YOUR EYES OUT. I have like 5 wrinkles under my eyes right now. Burns too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I love the smell of this in the chemist, and I like that its not an oil base since my skin doesn't like anything oily on it. It is a very inexpensive product and is readily available almost everywhere I go, so I thought I'll give it a try.
This product to me seems absolutely useless, it was harsh on my eyes, I get all teary and red after I use it, and to make matters worse my eye makeup is still on my eyes. It doesn't even remove non waterproof eye makup properly, and it's even worse when you actually have waterproof eye makeup on.
Nivea products are generally more misses for me then hits, and I wish I would be able to love their products since its available everywhere and its cheap.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying the normal Nivea eye makeup remover and screaming in pain because it burned my eyes (not literally, but it was pretty harsh), I bought the gentle version. Problem is, it's so gentle that it doesn't even remove anything. I don't normally put on a lot of makeup (and rarely waterproof products) and this remover could barely remove anything unless I scrubbed a lot, which defeats the purpose of being "gentle". I will never repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by makeup_lover6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It works alright, it gets most of my eyeliner and mascara off (i dont wear too much though). I think its gentle and doesnt really dry out skin.