Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

2.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This eye makeup remover is not the best. Not even close. I bought it because it says it's gentle, but it's not at all. My skin is sensitive, especially my eye-area.

It shocked me that it contains such a strong perfume scent, since it claims to be for sensitive eyes. I'm kinda allergic to perfume (I get red spots if I spray perfume directly on my skin), so I try to avoid in products like this. It's so unneccesary!!

It does remove most eyemakeup, but not waterproof and it doesn't always remove eyeliner and all mascara I'm wearing.

- Overall a DISAPOINTING PRODUCT for me.

Ok but ever so slightly sticky

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't understand why it's labelled as 'gentle' because it felt like using soap on my eyes, except that soap is less expensive and actually does remover makeup better. It took me forever to use all of the product and it was an immense relief to throw the empty bottle inside the recycle bin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

i used to use this religiously for months on end but found it was costing me too much (i now use an all-in-one gentle make up remover).

firstly, it takes a few applications to work. i use them on cotton pads and i found i needed to use 2 or 3 pads for one eye - which is far too excessive. i do not wear waterproof mascara, nor do i wear a lot of make up, but it wasn't strong enough to take it all off. however, i will say that this is good for sensitive eyes. my eyes can get red and sore, but this was fine (apart from the rubbing i did on my eyes to remove my make up!)

i would go through bottles ans bottles of this stuff, and buy bags and bags of cotton pads. it was costing a fortune.. i now have found something better so i will not be repurchasing.

this has nice packaging and a pleasant smell, but that's about all it has going for it. after about 5 minutes and 5 cotton pads about 50% of my (non-waterproof) mascara still remains on my lashes with this stuff.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This particular make-up remover from Nivea was absolutely horrible. It stated on the bottle that it is for "water soluble make-up", I don't wear waterproof mascara or eyeliner and this stuff DID NOT take my eye make-up off! I actually had to rub hard to remove it. It's not worth the hassle.

HOWEVER...Nivea does offer a few different eye make-up removers. The one that I would strongly recommend is called Nivea Eye Make-Up Remover EXPRESS (it is oil based I believe). This one is much better!

Being an "extra gentle" remover, I wasn't expecting much from this. So there wasn't any surprise that it didn't touch my waterproof mascara. However, all it did for my liquid eyeliner and eyeshadow was to smudge it. Very disappointed in this product - it was about as efficacious as water alone.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this product. I just bough it and it does not sting my eyes again and it does not leave the greasy film because it does not have oil in it. It smells nice but if you are allergic to fragrance you should probably know this. However if I pile many coats of mascara on, I really need to rub it off. So This is not so good for those who like to pile it on. For waterproof and heavy eye makeup I honestly recommend to get one of those oily removers. I love nivea because of its fragrance so this is a huge favourite of mine.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I wiuldnt say this is the best but its fairlygood for the price you pay especially as i buy it when its on offer in Boots.
Ive tried the Gatineau Floracil which selles for alot more and that is literally likewater.

Thisis okay in the sense that i find it removes most make up but it does need 2 - 3 cotton pads - i dont wear waterproof mascara but do wear Bb gel liners.

The only difficullty I have is trying to get the mascara / liner residue between the lashes. If Im wearing heavy eye makeuo then I usually reach for my Oil of Olay one which is a cream. I gently massage a small amount of this, use a damp pad and then use the nivea ti remove any last residue. If I have anything between my lashes i put a small amount of the Olay one one a cotton bud (q tip) and remove it that way.

Like I said its ok and it doesnt sting my eyes unlike the olay one which if i have used too muchcan sting. I pay more for my facecleansers andtoners but refuse to pay over 15 for something like lancomes as i know it will not last me long.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm not sure if my Dutch version is this exact product because mine just says "Eye Make-up Remover Lotion" but since it does mention "gentle" I suppose it's this one.

I personally wear only a thin layer of mascara and for that it's okay. I wet a cotton pad and drizzle some of this lotion on it, hold it against my lashes and then wipe until clean. Sometimes it does leave some mascara behind so it's not very powerful but definitely gentle. The scent is nice and it has never irritated my eyes. It doesn't leave a sticky residue. I've been kind of loyal to this lotion because of it.