December 19, 2014 | 855 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Nivea - Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. I just bough it and it does not sting my eyes again and it does not leave the greasy film because it does not have oil in it. It smells nice but if you are allergic to fragrance you should probably know this. However if I pile many coats of mascara on, I really need to rub it off. So This is not so good for those who like to pile it on. For waterproof and heavy eye makeup I honestly recommend to get one of those oily removers. I love nivea because of its fragrance so this is a huge favourite of mine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wiuldnt say this is the best but its fairlygood for the price you pay especially as i buy it when its on offer in Boots.
Ive tried the Gatineau Floracil which selles for alot more and that is literally likewater.

Thisis okay in the sense that i find it removes most make up but it does need 2 - 3 cotton pads - i dont wear waterproof mascara but do wear Bb gel liners.

The only difficullty I have is trying to get the mascara / liner residue between the lashes. If Im wearing heavy eye makeuo then I usually reach for my Oil of Olay one which is a cream. I gently massage a small amount of this, use a damp pad and then use the nivea ti remove any last residue. If I have anything between my lashes i put a small amount of the Olay one one a cotton bud (q tip) and remove it that way.

Like I said its ok and it doesnt sting my eyes unlike the olay one which if i have used too muchcan sting. I pay more for my facecleansers andtoners but refuse to pay over 15 for something like lancomes as i know it will not last me long.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Seorin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if my Dutch version is this exact product because mine just says "Eye Make-up Remover Lotion" but since it does mention "gentle" I suppose it's this one.

I personally wear only a thin layer of mascara and for that it's okay. I wet a cotton pad and drizzle some of this lotion on it, hold it against my lashes and then wipe until clean. Sometimes it does leave some mascara behind so it's not very powerful but definitely gentle. The scent is nice and it has never irritated my eyes. It doesn't leave a sticky residue. I've been kind of loyal to this lotion because of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by slivka81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Generally I found this to be a fairly good product; it smells nice, and does the job and I repurchased it a few times.However I only use it if I'm not wearing a waterproof mascara, because it just doesn't remove it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by michibooful

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This makeup remover sucks, and I don't even know why I dealt with it for a year. It barely removed my makeup, even after scrubbing my eyes with a Q-tip. All it did was peel the skin around my eyes as a result, which was not fun. Since it didn't remove my makeup properly, I had to invest in baby oil to remove my eye makeup, then makeup removing wipes to wipe of the oil, and then I would use this at the end just to remove any residue; all of this adding up to more money than I should spend. I suggest you save your $5 and buy a nice sandwich or something, because this makeup remover is not worth it at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by geegeegee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the "Gentle Waterprood Eye Make-up Remover" and it's quite different from the non-waterproof remover (which my mom has and it's just... crappy and won't remove anything, although it's mascara that will disappear with only water).
Mine is a white bottle and it's very cheap here in Sweden when I buy it on sales (about 4$) and it's the one I keep on re-purchasing all the time. It's great for the waterproof mascara and eyeliner that will disappear rather quick with this and although it's not recommended I find it good at removing the rest of my make-up too. The only negative aspect would be how it can burn one's eye if it gets straight into it, but in general there is no burn-feeling at all with this. It does, however, make me break out if I accidentally get some on my cheeks or such.

- Update 2 years later -
Now I have started using Vaseline for removing waterproof mascara and eyeliner and it's cheaper and better. For the rest of the face, another product. I can't believe I tolerated eye-burn for so long - just imagining it now makes me shudder. My poor eyes. So no, I would recommend you to not stay tolerant with this as I did for two years - just move on and find another product that won't hurt.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by simmainy

I have tried the lot: Lancome Bi-Facil, Clinique Take the Day Off, all the high-end products and honestly, this one is the one I keep going back to. Non-oily, no residue, non-drying, it does everything and comes dirt cheap. The only issue I have is the bottle overdoses easily but other than that I'm keeping with this one. Also it can take a little while to dry, but I think those 10 seconds are worth it.
Also great for my sensitive contact-lens-wearing eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This isn't bad but it isn't good either. I didn't have any problems with it burning my skin but it really isn't very good at removing make-up, especially mascara or anything waterproof. I use the waterproof version now.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2011 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Anna1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For all those with SENSITIVE eyes:
This does not help much. I had big problems with this product. It burned me, it gave me redness.
This may be just my case, but I still wanted to warn you. Just because it said "gentle" on the label, does not make it fit for sensitive eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2011 6:42:00 AM More reviews by spf30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product as it was voted top eye makeup remover in the book, 'Beauty Steals'. I just can't understand why anyone has rated this so well because the bottom line is, it DOESN'T REMOVE EYE MAKEUP! (and by the way, I do not use waterproof mascara). Performance was so poor, that I actually threw the bottle away after just a few uses which is something I never normally do. Needless to say, I would not recommend this, and am now having serious reservations about the validity of the people from The Beauty Bible who put out the book which recommended it so highly. I'll be sticking firmly to MUA from now on for the low down on products!