July 28, 2014 | 2083 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by tvall

Let me give you a bit of background - In just over 2 years I have bought this powder 3 times, using it EVERYDAY to either set make up or wearing it alone. It last the longest I've ever known a make up product to last for.

This powder is amazing, although it's slightly pricy (at around $40 after tax)... When finishing up my last pot I decided to buy Mac's mineralise skin finish natural as it was cheaper and I couldn't face paying the money for the LM one. Although I really liked the Mac one at first, I have now decided enough is enough and I purchased my 4th tub, LM you are now back in my life. (Prompting me to write this review)

I cannot believe I ever strayed away!! Seriously girls, this mineral powder gives you absolutely flawless coverage, its slightly luminous (no glitter or sparkle though… *shudder*), last all day and I mean ALL DAY. Its never cakey, doesn't cling to dry patches, very pigmented and soft and doesn't clog pores.

Its seriously the best mineral powder I've tried, it as very few ingredients which makes it good for my sensitive skin.

And for reference I either use it alone when I can't be um bothered…. But I do prefer it to set my foundation (I'm a full coverage kind of girl). I use the TINIEST amount and buff it over my face with a real techniques large powder brush. And like I said the only word to describe it is flawless!

(PS packaging only got 3 lippies as its so bulky, but then I suppose it is a loose powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by angiedairou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I apply it over the tinted moisturizer. It provides the perfect coverage for my slightly dry over 40 complexion. I was having a terrible time find a foundation that covered without drying my skin. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by lotsflo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really good product: I am very fussy with foundations - they have to be perfect!

I have combination skin; sometimes dry around my cheeks and forehead but slightly oily in the middle. I have very pale skin and Real Sand seems to be the perfect shade for me; however, I do look slightly orange if too much is applied!

I use a big, soft face brush to apply this - I buff the brush in the powder and tap off any excess and then I buff it onto my face - sections at a time.

The finish of this product is so so beautiful - radiant and glowing on the skin! Sometimes during the day (after 5ish hours after applying) it does need touching up a little - either that or just let it rub off naturally so that you have less coverage (this doesn't bother me too much towards the end of the day).

It's also very good if you are prone to the odd break out like me! I tend to get a few spots around my chin area and when I use this product, over time they go away and don't tend to come back!

The only downside about this product is the price - I tend to ask for it for birthday and Christmas etc. And it doesn't last a particularly long time either - around 3 months.

Summary:

Pros = beautiful finish, excellent coverage, radiant and glowing look to the skin, easy to apply, good packaging.

Cons = quite expensive, doesn't last a particularly long time (around 3 months), does rub off slightly during the day.

I have been using this for about 4 years and always repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by breebree89

After reading all the great reviews about this product, I decided to give a shot since EM changed their formula and the quality decreased. I wore this foundation twice in a week and unfortunately it broke me out :( I usually only get hormonal break outs, so it's definitely the powder.
I did like the wear/coverage and the shade matched me good. Gonna have to return this sadly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by sparklezandbutterflies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never tried using this as foundation, simply because I prefer liquid foundation as my base. What I do use it as though is finishing powder to set my foundation. This makes me look luminous, glowing and flawless. It also makes my foundation look a lot more natural and skin-like. I use the color Rich Vanilla which suits me only in Winter (MAC NC40 –NC42) I get a lot darker in summer and cannot find a matching shade in this product for my summer color. I can’t rave enough about this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I bought this to use it on top of my foundation as a finishing powder based on some great reviews on Youtube and returned it immediately. First of all, the color I had was classic beige and was too dark and pinkish on me, I don't really like loose powder and didn't do anything for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by boredtotears1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go- to mineral powder for touch ups during the day/ eve (I find it a bit heavy to put on directly after foundation in the morning as its a powder foundation so would be doubling up)
I'm conscious of caking / powder sitting in fine lines as I'm in my 40's but this gives a lovely velvet finish - its a little pricey but some things are worth every penny & this is one of them & a little goes a long way

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by GeorgiaAimee

This was one of the the first high end makeup product I ever bought. I am quite prone to acne and I found that liquid foundation was giving me coverage, but was not doing my skin any favours at all. So I decided to try out a mineral powder, in order to save my skin and this IS AMAZING. I am in the shade soft porcelain (tender rose was far too pink) and its perfect! I can put this on without a mirror, without having to worry it will look uneven, it takes no time at all to apply, stays on well. Also the coverage is suprisingly buildable! The only slight problem I have is that, although it is a powder it does not control my oil and I do find myself getting a bit shiny. So I use a translucent powder with this, which doesn't bother me really. My skin has cleared up so much since I've been using this aswell. It is pricey but I think it is worth it :) I'll probably be repurchasing this for a long time! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Jessydphs04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference I am NC30 with yellow/golden undertones. I have been using Nars sheerglow in Punjab and love it except I ran out and wanted to try something else. There's this girl I follow on Instagram (creeper status) lol, but anyways she has flawless radiant makeup all the time. So, I asked her what foundation she used and she broke it down for me. She wears the pressed mineral foundation over a bb cream or LM's tinted moisturiser and to top it off she sweeps their candlelight illuminator (after her blush). She also used to work as a counter manager for them... So if she is still backing them up after she is no longer with them, it means she really did like their products. So, I figured I'd give it a try and see how it would work out for me. I lucked out and purchased it directly from LM's website and got a bunch of samples for free plus %20 off. I purchased the loose mineral for instead of the pressed version, just because it had better reviews on here, and I purchased it in the shade Real Sand. I was honestly taken a gamble because I hadn't tried it out but it matches my skintone perfectly. My skin looks absolutely flawless, not cakey or over done. It looks just like my skin but even and radiant. I will honestly say that this will be my absolute daily make up. For special events I'll be using luminous silk by GA in the shade 06, only because it photographs better and I have some weddings to attend lol.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkyannonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a really, really great foundation/powder for everyday wear. I very rarely ever repurchase a product, however I just purchased my third pot of this stuff. I admit, I strayed and tried a few other things between my second pot and my latest pot, but at least now I can really appreciate this stuff. What I especially love is how easy it is; I pour a tiny bit into the lid, work it into the bristles of my brush, and then buff it into my skin. It blurs imperfections amazingly well. I don't really worry about how I'm going to deal with bad skin days when I have this on hand because I know it seems to deal with every imperfection beautifully. With one layer of this buffed into my skin, red marks/blemishes are blurred but they still show through. The skin on the bridge of my nose is very prone to flakiness/dryness, despite always moisturizing before applying makeup; with pretty much every other foundation I have tried (most of which have been liquids), these flakes have been emphasized and it takes a lot of effort to exfoliate that area excessively and really try to get the formula to cover without emphasizing the less-than-smooth skin... With this powder, I can literally just buff it into the skin on my nose in less than two seconds and it looks *flawless*. Another thing about this product that wins me over is the fact that it never clogs my pores, breaks me out, or causes any skin irritations. While other foundations may not break me out in a dramatic, obvious way, I truly feel good about putting this on my skin everyday; I feel like my skin can still breathe and like I'm not sacrificing the health of my skin for the illusion of a good complexion. How does it wear during the day? My skin has a tendency to become extremely oily throughout the day and this holds up pretty well for me. It doesn't prevent any oiliness but it doesn't make me any oilier. It does transfer, however, and would probably work best on skin a little less oily than mine because if I, for example, touch my nose halfway through the day, it will leave a smear of makeup because the formula has separated from my skin a little. I'd say my skintone is mostly around NC25 in MAC (NC20 at my very, very palest and somewhere between NC25 and 30 during the summer) and I wear this in Real Sand. I think it's a good match for my neutral (slightly golden) undertones. Last winter I went through a pot of Tender Rose and in comparison to Real Sand the undertone was a little too pink for me. I do wish the shade range was slightly larger because in the dead of winter, Real Sand does not match my neck. I have never purchased the other lightest shade, Soft Porcelain, but I did test it out last time I was in Sephora and I want to note that it appeared quite yellow on the back of my hand. I think it would work beautifully on maybe an NC15 (it would do an amazing job neutralizing redness), but I do wish they had a neutral that was a shade lighter than Real Sand. The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is because I'm determined there is something better out there, this hasn't satisfied me enough to stop searching.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No