October 2, 2014 | 1318 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by PSS07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I remember the first time I tried this, there was a big hype when it came to the UK. I can honestly say I don't know what all the fuss is about its flaky not long lasting & the worst mascara I have ever used. The build up to it didn't help I guess. I read lots of reviews & it seems you either loves this or hate this & unfortunately for me this just didn't work!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by hannahbeautyxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

sorry maybelline- but this is beyond the worst mascara I have ever tried.

ever.

I was pretty keen to pick this up because I had a few friends who raved about it, so I picked it up in blackest black. Probably the biggest disappointment is actually opening it. I don't know about anyone else, but the tube was so big and I'm like oooh it's probably a really big volumising wand.... The wand is smaller then my pinky nail. legit, it's pathetically tiny. I was so disappointed. The formula is also terrible, it felt so slick and gross when applying it and it did absolutely nothing for my lashes; just a coat of colour and microscopic volume. Plus, it irritated my eyes and it broke me out because it ran all over my face when I tried to remove it. Also, this formula gets REALLY brittle after a while. I can't really say much else, I was really disappointed because I had such high hopes for this mascara. I definetly won't be repurchasing it and I strongly don't recommend it. A waste of $8. Sorry maybelline but this mascara is just absolutely terrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Englishvik

This product is o-kay, figured i'd try it as it has all the history and hyper in its favour, it didn't really add any volume or length and it didn't last that long (had those smudges under my eyes) so it was quickly relegated to being a "bottom lash mascara". I appreciate the cult following as it's been around for decades but i'd spend my money on something else

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 5:56:00 AM More reviews by shazhud

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara was ok not the best but for the price it was alright

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Would you believe, in over 40 years of wearing makeup, that until this year I had never tried Great Lash? It's in the Allure Hall of Fame, yet I never had occasion to use the iconic pink and green tube. (As an adolescent, I did use the Blooming Colors mascara in navy blue, because that was what the fashion magazines told girls with brown eyes to use in the '70's. I don't know what I was thinking.)(But I digress.) What tempted me late last year was a limited-edition line of colors which included a garnet-red color called So Very Berry. It's not a tubing mascara, but for the price, I figured eh, what the heck. I've been toting this one around the country as my everyday mascara.

Pros:
**Great color! This shade of red, or burgundy or however you want to characterize it, is hard to find in a mascara. I seek out these colors to bring out the green in my eyes, which has become more prominent as I age and the brown pigment in my irises dissipates.
**You can't beat the price. I think I paid $4.99 for this tube.

Cons:
**It doesn't come off when I wash my face.
**Despite multiple coats, I don't seem to be able to build the coverage.

So, it doesn't thicken or lengthen, just darken, which is okay, but it doesn't come off completely, with product still remaining in the morning even after I wash my face with DHC Deep Cleansing Oil the night before AND use a makeup remover or some kind of oil, such as olive oil or Johnson's Baby Oil, to remove residue. Any mascara that doesn't come off completely the first time is a FAIL for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by SlightlyKristina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Worst mascara I've ever used!

Pros:

-Price is alright.

Cons:

-No added length or volume.
-Clumps up
-Irritated my sensitive eyes.
-Flakes off

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by cbarber018

I use this product everytime with the lash blast this product doesn't do much though I have went through 2 bottles of this

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

I purchased this infamous 'Great Lash' mascara as it was around 2.99. I have heard about this mascara for many years, my mum used to use it.

Pros:
*The small brush is very good for getting the finer, smaller eyelashes on your lower lashes. This is the only way I use this mascara.
*It is extremely cheap.

Cons:
* It weighed my eyelashes down at the corner making them seem really heavy & straight.
* It takes about an hour to dry! So many times I've applied this to my upper lashes and have completely ruined my eyeshadow.

Overall, a pretty bad mascara. It certainly isn't the worst on the market but I wouldn't recommend purchasing this even at the price of it. Save your money for something else!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by marysmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this at my local dollar store for only $3. It doesn't lengthen or give volume or do anything! I don't know why it was so popular! It also takes some time to dry. After I put it on it went all over my eye lid! augh! Wouldn't recommend or buy again! Thank goodness I only paid $3, waste of money and time.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by TropicEssence

This mascara does not add length or volume. It just adds dark goop to your eyelashes and ends up flaking off. For me, I couldn't even separate my lashes after applying one thin coat. My eyelashes looked better before applying this product unfortunately :/ I really wanted to like it and it's so unfortunate that it turned out so badly , but I really don't have anything positive to say except it will work as a bottom mascara but will flake off and wear.