October 23, 2014 | 1107 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by warrenma1

This is one of the best drugstore mascaras. Almay also has some good ones but this is the best non waterproof mascara you can buy at walmart. Definitely more of a lengthening mascara than a curling one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by sabripereira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty surprised reading all the bad reviews, it's not the best mascara I have ever used but I really like it. It gives you a very natural look at an amazing price.

At first I was also a bit surprised at the tiny brush and thought it would be quite bad, after I used it I was pleasantly surprised. The small brush actually helped at getting at all the lashes and it was great for applying mascara on the bottom lashes.

It definitely doesn't give you a lot of length or volume but I still love it for it's a natural look.

I already have long and full lashes, but blond, so this works very well for me. I have a lot of control to get to all the lashes and it's not a sticky formula so it doesn't make my lashes look clumpy.

I find it to last a long time and it didn't flake at all. It also dries quickly, but not so quick that you don't have time to go over the lashes you missed.

I would definitely recommend it for people looking for a natural look. But if you are looking for volume and length this is definitely not for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by danceintherain55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Never in a million year would I buy this product again. Absolute least favorite mascara I've ever bought. I HATE wand shape. Hate the product. Nope, nope, nope. Cute colors on the packaging. That's about it. Don't recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Say what you will but it's a tried and true. It is a classic wet formula that lengthens. It takes a second longer to dry than most, which, IMO, is perfect for avoiding flakes when layering (layering over dry mascara will flake any formula). A woman can never have too many mascaras. This one is one of the many I choose to keep around. You should, too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Aimeerose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to swear by this mascara. It was my trusty go to for great lashes. What happened it does absolutely nothing. I don't know what changed :-(

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by PSS07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I remember the first time I tried this, there was a big hype when it came to the UK. I can honestly say I don't know what all the fuss is about its flaky not long lasting & the worst mascara I have ever used. The build up to it didn't help I guess. I read lots of reviews & it seems you either loves this or hate this & unfortunately for me this just didn't work!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by hannahbeautyxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

sorry maybelline- but this is beyond the worst mascara I have ever tried.

ever.

I was pretty keen to pick this up because I had a few friends who raved about it, so I picked it up in blackest black. Probably the biggest disappointment is actually opening it. I don't know about anyone else, but the tube was so big and I'm like oooh it's probably a really big volumising wand.... The wand is smaller then my pinky nail. legit, it's pathetically tiny. I was so disappointed. The formula is also terrible, it felt so slick and gross when applying it and it did absolutely nothing for my lashes; just a coat of colour and microscopic volume. Plus, it irritated my eyes and it broke me out because it ran all over my face when I tried to remove it. Also, this formula gets REALLY brittle after a while. I can't really say much else, I was really disappointed because I had such high hopes for this mascara. I definetly won't be repurchasing it and I strongly don't recommend it. A waste of $8. Sorry maybelline but this mascara is just absolutely terrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Englishvik

This product is o-kay, figured i'd try it as it has all the history and hyper in its favour, it didn't really add any volume or length and it didn't last that long (had those smudges under my eyes) so it was quickly relegated to being a "bottom lash mascara". I appreciate the cult following as it's been around for decades but i'd spend my money on something else

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 5:56:00 AM More reviews by shazhud

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara was ok not the best but for the price it was alright

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Would you believe, in over 40 years of wearing makeup, that until this year I had never tried Great Lash? It's in the Allure Hall of Fame, yet I never had occasion to use the iconic pink and green tube. (As an adolescent, I did use the Blooming Colors mascara in navy blue, because that was what the fashion magazines told girls with brown eyes to use in the '70's. I don't know what I was thinking.)(But I digress.) What tempted me late last year was a limited-edition line of colors which included a garnet-red color called So Very Berry. It's not a tubing mascara, but for the price, I figured eh, what the heck. I've been toting this one around the country as my everyday mascara.

Pros:
**Great color! This shade of red, or burgundy or however you want to characterize it, is hard to find in a mascara. I seek out these colors to bring out the green in my eyes, which has become more prominent as I age and the brown pigment in my irises dissipates.
**You can't beat the price. I think I paid $4.99 for this tube.

Cons:
**It doesn't come off when I wash my face.
**Despite multiple coats, I don't seem to be able to build the coverage.

So, it doesn't thicken or lengthen, just darken, which is okay, but it doesn't come off completely, with product still remaining in the morning even after I wash my face with DHC Deep Cleansing Oil the night before AND use a makeup remover or some kind of oil, such as olive oil or Johnson's Baby Oil, to remove residue. Any mascara that doesn't come off completely the first time is a FAIL for me.