Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I use this mascara almost everyday. It's one of my favorite mascaras! I have very thin and not long lashes but when i put this on i get natural looking lashes which is great for school. Id say this mascara focuses more on length than volume but it does a great job all together and it doesn't clump at all! Id recommend this to any of my friends.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I don't understand the hype surrounding Great Lash. It doesn't seem to do anything for my lashes. I don't notice any significant difference in length, volume, or curl. Great Lash smudges too much and has that "chalky" feel to me. I prefer most drug store brand mascaras over this one, so I would never purchase it again. For an inexpensive "natural" look, I like Maybelline's Full 'N Soft mascara way more than this.

This mascara is good for someone who is just beginning with cosmetics. It's inexpensive, and does the job, lengthening and thickening your lashes to a certain degree.
I would not repurchase this after running out or loosing it because there're better mascaras out there around the same price, which do a better job.
But overall it's okay if you're looking for a simple mascara.
There was no issue with it for me, and it gave me a simple look for school with no fallout, and easily came off at the end of the day.

This is just your average mascara. No amazing volume or length to my eyelashes after using it, but I do like that it doesn't clump easily and it's not messy.
This is a great mascara for beginners or as a first mascara.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My review is specifically for the 'clear' version, which is actually marketed for both lashes AND brows. The clear version and this mascara in general are always tucked away in the Maybelline, away from all the newest mascaras and makeup. It's kind of oldschool.

I don't know why they don't put this clear version out more - I think it works pretty well as an eyebrow gel. It actually says it right on the package, which was surprising to me because I was just looking for a clear mascara to use on my brows, but didn't think the brand would suggest it. It's not like ROCK solid finish, but it does a good job of grooming your brows into shape with flexible hold. The brush can occasionally come out with too much product on it, so I recommend taking off some of the excess with the neck of the bottle. I find it also doesn't disturb my eyebrow pencil.

For the price, it's pretty good. Again, if you are looking for a crazy-firm hold, this isn't for you. Honestly before this I was taking a spooly (you can buy a bunch of disposable ones online or sometimes in the drugstore), and spraying it with hairspray, then running it through my brows. That worked well, but it's not travel friendly and I just prefer a more convenient option.

It's not like Anastasia Beverly Hills brow gel, or other higher end products, but for a fourth of the price I can't complain. I wouldn't recommend this if you are hardcore into brows, but for anyone who wears their brown natural with some eyebrow pencil, I think you'll find it does the trick.

The best thing I like about this mascara is the classic green and pink packaging. That's not to say it's a bad mascara. I used to use it more regularly when I was a teen in the late 1980s and as a bargain mascara in the 1990s when I couldn't afford something more expensive. Back then it worked OK. Was it revelatory? No. But it did a decent job. I was satisfied enough to buy it from time to time. But back then I had thicker lashes.

Now, being a bit north of 40, my lashes are thinner and shorter and I've found that this isn't quite worth it. For a couple bucks more I can find formulas that do much more to lengthen or volumize my dwindling lashes. The formula has never irritated my eyes and I've never had problems with it smudging or flaking, but for me it simply stands at being OK at best. I've found other offerings from Maybelline and other drugstore brands to have much better performance, and often for around the same price or just a little bit more.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

one of the first mascaras I ever used before I even went into high school lol . 5 years later I still use it (only now and again when I want my eyes to look natural but nice as I mostly wear heavy eye makeup) so what does that tell you . good for being a cheapy one 🙂

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara has always been a favourite of mine. I don't understand how people can dislike this mascara, it's honestly the best I've ever used. They've made a new brush in the past 4 months, and it's AMAZING. I mean I loved the old brush but this one ?! SO FUCKING GOOD. It's big and beautiful and it gets all your lashes coated evenly with a smooth, quality mascara. Couldn't love this product any more. Every time I put it on I look in the mirror and it honestly makes me feel so confident, I love how fierce it makes me look tbh!!

I can't believe this stuff is still being sold. I've always thought of it as a cheap, awful mascara! If you want to try a mascara that really gives you beautiful and long full lashes, try Benefit Roller Lash Super-Curling & Lifting Mascara. You'll never try this grocery store stuff again! Promise!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Yes, I gave this 5 lippies, and I'm shocked, too! I used to think Great Lash was such garbage I couldn't believe anybody would use it. I recall buying it a few times many years ago. I'd had "surprise sleepovers" where I found myself without any makeup come morning, but I had to get to work on time. I'd grab a tube of this at a gas station, then attempt to apply makeup while driving on the 405 freeway, hoping for a Sigalert, to reduce my changes of poking my eyes out. Back then, Great Lash had a curved brush that resulted in the "6 pointy eyelashes" effect. By the end of the day, it smudged all over my face, then disappeared. I'd throw out the tube, only to find myself in a bind, again, and in need of any makeup a.s.a.p.

The other day I got caught under a rain drip as I was leaving a store. Of course it hit me right in the eye, causing my mascara, on one eye, to run all over my face. I was on my way to volunteering in my daughter's classroom, and she would be moritified if I showed up looking like half a raccoon. I had no time to wash off my makeup and start again. The best I could do was try to even out my eyes with a cheap liner and mascara. Great Lash beckoned to me, like an old friend, from a sale endcap at Safeway.I decided to buy a tube to see if I could get it to work its iconic "magic" when I'm not driving 75MPH.

This is great stuff! Maybe the formula has changed, or maybe I just couldn't use that old curved brush, but...I'm shocked. This is BLACK. So many mascaras aren't black enough. It gives my lashes excellent definition and they stand out because the black has so much depth. This doesn't elongate my lashes, and it doesn't really thicken them, but it is top notch...absolutely terrific...at curling my lashes and keeping them curled. My lashes are dark, defined, and they frame my face, not because they are furry or gloppy, but because they are enhanced.

After a couple of hours, this does smudge on my bottom lashes, but, heck, so does Dior. Great Lash is UNDER $5.00! For enhanced, curled lashes, and under $5.00, this is worthwhile. It's not likely to be my everyday mascara, because I do like to add length, but I'll be keeping this around. When I use it as a top layer over my other mascaras, it keeps the curl!

Popular Mascaras