August 1, 2014 | 976 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by snrocinu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Clumps and smudges more than any other mascara I've ever used. I have no idea how it wins "awards".

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Stark77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

No, no, no. I had a horrible reaction. My eyelids became so swollen and red that everyone thought I had pink eye. Well, the doctor said no--it was this mascara. The Blackest of Black Noir one. I am not that sensitive, and I am terrified of trying new mascaras now..

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by lilyjoha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

clumpy and smudges too easily

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by jamiesue828

I'm wearing this now. It's a classic. My only issue is that it smears right under my eye brow from my eye lashes touching my skin. Other than that I love it. Always have, always will.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by brainyforester7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

omg i love this mascara. it is cheap and you can find it almost anywear. even at a dollar store. it is just your basic mascara but thats all ive ever really needed. i take it everywhere with me and it has never let me down. no smearing or smudging and it is waterproof. love it

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Avonlea82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this mascara as my go to for most of my adult life. I have tried others - i.e. Falsies, notably. But for the price point, I really like this one. I have very long, mid-range volume, very light red/blonde eyelashes. Since they are long I may be easier to please. I tend to buy this one in the "blackest black" colour although I have also purchased the brown many years ago. I do not find it too clumpy (when it gets clumpy out of the bottle I know it is time to buy a new one, but it generally lasts more than a few months) and I don't have issues usually with the lashes sticking together. I find my best technique for using this mascara is to swipe the applicator around the sides of the bottle (no pumping), then wiggle (small side to side action) the applicator from the bottom of the lash in a continuous motion to the ends. What I really do like about this mascara is the shape of the brush - I like the tapered end as it gives me more control. I don't like when brushes are too one-dimensional or too huge. When the brushes are very fat I find I get more mascara on my skin than on my eyelashes. The tapered end is the best thing to pick up the tiny blonde lashes at the edges that I cannot see (I wear glasses, so I am doing this half blind, mind) before putting mascara on them.

It's not a glamorous mascara - doesn't give super luscious lash but is definitely my go-to for every day.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by lipstickthespian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara has been around longer than I have. However, I will never share the love that so many magazines and cosmetic experts have for this product. This mascara always left my eyelashes spiky looking and stuck together. I haven't bought this product in 10 years but I thought it was one worth reviewing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by sandylost

I was expecting great things from great lash but it left me disappointed. My lashes were clumpy, chunky, and flaky. Not sure if it was the wand or the formula but it was difficult to apply an even coat of mascara. My eyes somehow felt very tired and irritated too. I looked like a hooker and not Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman hooker. How this mascara has a cult following is beyond me. I would not recommend this to anyone. Not even to those starting out with makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a mascara to get that was cheap so when i didnt do eyeliner i could just put some on and go out. I was really excited to get this, i got the one that has to tiny end to get like more lashes and i was disappointed. it goes on a little too thick and makes my lashes look weird. made all my lashes stick to one and just awful. ill continue to use it until i run out but i liked elfs essentials mascara much better. packaging is very cute though!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

I have never understood what all the hype is about in fashion magazines regarding this mascara. It is not even an average mascara plus the packing is fugly. There are so many other great choices. I have tried them all and my HG is Maybelline's Mega Plush and L'oreal's million lashes....any of them. Skip this one