July 28, 2014 | 1862 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Hot Mama

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using a deluxe sample of Hot Mama for several months now and although I can concede that it is a great everyday blush and likely looks marvelous on fair to medium skin tones, I don't think it's something I am particularly enamored with.
As other reviewers have mentioned, it is similar to NARS Orgasm and Deep Throat, golden pink with tons of finely milled shimmer. It applies very evenly and beautifully to the face, it's a powdery formula, and I believe you can also use it a light wash of eyeshadow. However, on my tanner skin, it looks slightly garish in the stark daylight. Waaay too much shimmer to look natural and I find that staying power isn't always the best on my combo skin. Admittedly, I've been gravitating towards matte everything in general, so this might also be a reason for my lukewarm feelings. However, I'm going to continue using the sample, but as a light handed highlight to my cheeks. As you can probably guess, I don't have any plans to buy the full-sized version.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a super shimmery pink/peach blush. I personally use this as a highlighter (lightly and much diffused), and for that purpose I find it's pretty good. I read some reviews that compare it to NARS Orgasm and whilst I can sort of see it I don't entirely agree. On my skin Orgasm had much more colour to it (definitely a blush), whereas this can be diffused away to just shimmer. If you wanted to wear this as a blush I think it would be frost city before you had enough colour for it to show, unless you're very, very fair. As a highlight it's beautiful because it has a peachy tinge so it doesn't turn you gold or white or brown or anything, it looks quite natural and glowy.

The packaging is cardboard and whilst I'm not in love with the maraca girl on the front it's a bit less risque than some of theBalm's 'girls' (she looks like she's at the beach rather than in her underwear).

I would probably repurchase this because it is pretty reasonably priced and looks good but I'm not sure I'd call it a holy grail product (I doubt I'll ever finish it though).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is good stuff.

It's a peach/coral color and with a golden shimmer undertone. There are no big glimmer bits in this brush.
When used sparingly it looks very natural, apply more and the color will pop. It suits my dry skin well. It's very high pigmented and has lasted me for over a year.

Great product, highly recommended

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a blusher fanatic so when I saw this for 1/2 price on HauteLook I snatched it up. So glad I did because the colour is beautiful! It's similar to Orgasm obviously but has some differences.I think it's closer to Tarte's Glisten. I find the pink tone to be a touch brighter and the gold shimmer is gorgeous and it doesn't show my pores. Definitely more pink than peach in my opinion. Also the gold in it highlights the skin really well.
I also like that it's talc free. It goes on very smooth and lasts for a good amount of time without retouching. It's very pigmented as well so you don't need to pick up a lot of product to build it up.

I love the packaging because it does make this blush very travel friendly. I just pack a SE MAC Contour brush and I'm good to go. I'm an NW20,blonde hair,green eyes, and this colour suits my skin tone very well! I haven't broke out and it is a great daily blush. So glad I got this and I would repurchase if I had to but there's so much product I won't have to worry about that for quite a while. Great product! I will mos def be trying more of TheBalms blushers and products! Highly Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

This blush reminds me of Nars's Orgasm. It is a very pretty pinky/peachy color with lots of shimmer. If you apply this with a light hand, you shouldn't end up looking like a vampire in the sunlight :P The warm tones in this blush really liven up my pale skin without leaving an orange color (hard to come across) I actually enjoy the shimmer in here, especially when I am having a good skin day and "shine" won't emphasize my imperfections.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Prettynina

The color is beautiful and long lasting. It's peachy color with gold shimmer. Like the hot mama bronzer you need to use a light hand when applying or else you would look like a shimmering orange ball. The packaging is adorable and is thin so it's perfect for traveling.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Blinkz191

Such a beautiful blush. I thought it would be too shimmery or sparkly when i first saw it but its not at all! I have fair skin and it just gives you a nice peachy golden glow. You can make it subtle or dramatic.. I also love that its oil free and noncomedogenic!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by flarriva

It's a peachy tone with gold shimmer, it looks very nice on me but you have to be careful when you use it otherwise you will look like a disco ball. For example I use to combine it with matte eyeshadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by mervesen

It is a nice pink-peach colored blush and contains high pigment and shimmer concentration that small amount will be enough. From my point of view, it is highly shimmering and not suitable for a working day. Also it is more pink undertoned that I thought, which is a disadvantage if you have a rosacea.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Better than orgasm for me. Brighter, applies more evenly and lasts thru the day on my face.truly awesome.