TheBalm Hot Mama

4.5

(from product packaging; note that the ingredients listed by some online sellers are different)--Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Isoeicosane, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May contain [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxide (CI 77491)]

on 4/19/2014 1:00:00 PM

I absolutely love the glow that this blush gives me. It has just the right amount of shimmer for days when that is exactly what I'm looking for. The quality is great and it is one of my favorite blushes this summer.

on 4/4/2014 1:07:00 PM

I bought this to replace NARS Orgasm, which I almost completely used up. I love the peachy-pink blushes with gold shimmer/sheen but I didn't want to repurchase the NARS because of the price and because I wanted to try a new formula. There are so many blushes that are similar it's certainly not difficult to find one. I really like this, it gives a beautiful golden sheen to the cheekbones and negates the necessity for a highlight. I like it more than the NARS because I always felt that Orgasm had fairly chunky glitter in it, and the shimmer in this is much more fine. The price is also better, and I got this one for 30% off at London Drugs. One thing that I'm not a big fan of is the packaging. I don't love any of TheBalm's packaging, and I definitely prefer a sturdy plastic compact to a magnetic cardboard one. Overall I prefer this to NARS Orgasm even if they're not identical products, and it's a great every day blush if you like peachy-pink colours.

on 2/3/2014 11:39:00 AM

This blush reminds me of NARS Orgasm, although I'm not sure it could be a substitute for it.
This blush is great. I use it whenever I want some extra glow, and it works wonder. It makes my skin looks fresher. But note this is a shimmery blusher, so you may want to use just a tiny bit, unless you want to look like a disco ball ;)

on 1/23/2014 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Got this as an extra in a swap. What a great blush. Peach with hint of shimmer. Note chalky. Applies smoothly with my angled cheek/blush brush. Last all day (at least work day hours) Good substitute/dupe for NARS orgasm blush. Cute packaging, reminds me of Benefit Cosmetics packaging. This is my daily blush.

on 11/23/2013 11:38:00 PM

My everyday blush, perfect for my pale skin. Gorgeous color, easy to apply, and it doesnt break me out. Love it!

I have pretty fair skin. I'm not pale but I am usually the second lightest shade in face products. This blush is definitely good to add a little bit of liveliness to my face when I want to rock the natural look. The color lasts almost all day. I would say that it has a medium pigmentation. It takes a few extra swipes to get a more noticeable color out of it but I like it looking very light. This blush is has kind of a shimmery peachy pink color to it. I'm more of a pinkish bronze colored blush type of girl so I wouldn't repurchase this specific color. The price is okay. I mean $20 for a good blush is not bad at all. I am rating this 4 out of 5 because of how long it stays on the face throughout the day and for a shimmery, daily use kind of blush.

on 10/15/2013 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Gorgeous blush. It gives me this beautiful glow. The color is like a muted corally peach with shimmery gold. It doesn't look sparkly, rather, it gives off a goldish sheen with a soft pinkish color on my skin. The reason I docked a lippie, is because it looks more of a highlighter than a blush on me.
I still like this better than orgasm because I find orgasm to have too much sparkles.

on 10/10/2013 5:59:00 PM

I've been using a deluxe sample of Hot Mama for several months now and although I can concede that it is a great everyday blush and likely looks marvelous on fair to medium skin tones, I don't think it's something I am particularly enamored with.
As other reviewers have mentioned, it is similar to NARS Orgasm and Deep Throat, golden pink with tons of finely milled shimmer. It applies very evenly and beautifully to the face, it's a powdery formula, and I believe you can also use it a light wash of eyeshadow. However, on my tanner skin, it looks slightly garish in the stark daylight. Waaay too much shimmer to look natural and I find that staying power isn't always the best on my combo skin. Admittedly, I've been gravitating towards matte everything in general, so this might also be a reason for my lukewarm feelings. However, I'm going to continue using the sample, but as a light handed highlight to my cheeks. As you can probably guess, I don't have any plans to buy the full-sized version.

on 9/29/2013 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a super shimmery pink/peach blush. I personally use this as a highlighter (lightly and much diffused), and for that purpose I find it's pretty good. I read some reviews that compare it to NARS Orgasm and whilst I can sort of see it I don't entirely agree. On my skin Orgasm had much more colour to it (definitely a blush), whereas this can be diffused away to just shimmer. If you wanted to wear this as a blush I think it would be frost city before you had enough colour for it to show, unless you're very, very fair. As a highlight it's beautiful because it has a peachy tinge so it doesn't turn you gold or white or brown or anything, it looks quite natural and glowy.

The packaging is cardboard and whilst I'm not in love with the maraca girl on the front it's a bit less risque than some of theBalm's 'girls' (she looks like she's at the beach rather than in her underwear).

I would probably repurchase this because it is pretty reasonably priced and looks good but I'm not sure I'd call it a holy grail product (I doubt I'll ever finish it though).

on 9/9/2013 10:53:00 AM

This is good stuff.

It's a peach/coral color and with a golden shimmer undertone. There are no big glimmer bits in this brush.
When used sparingly it looks very natural, apply more and the color will pop. It suits my dry skin well. It's very high pigmented and has lasted me for over a year.

Great product, highly recommended