October 22, 2014 | 1380 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - All Over Color Stick

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by hellermonica

I bought this from Target (I don't know what color) and the packaging broke the minute I opened it... I exchanged it and the packaging was still not as bad but still hard to deal with. It doesn't twist up you have to push it... but then if you push it too much it is impossible to push it back down!!! Ugh. But the product is decent.. You can build to as little or as much as you want. I don't like the smell though. :( I definitely will not be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 5:47:00 AM More reviews by pinkcupcakee

So I have these in every single color since it was only a dollar each, so why not right? They packaging is very simple and cute, it looks like a giant stubby chapstick. Colors are super pigmented. Pink Lemonade is probably my favorite though. Can use for pretty blush and lips, and if you put it on your finger and blend very carefully, it will be a good eyeshadow. Has pretty shimmers in it. Doesn't make me break out. Toasted and golden peach are really good for eyes and highlighting bronzers since they have shimmer in them. Golden peach might work as a lip color, but not for me. Spotlight is a very pretty highlighting color for the brow bone. It's a nice bright shimmery white that blends easily. The packaging is especially good for highlighting. Lilac Petal and Persimmon are both kinda purpley pink, and metallic. They make good eyeshadows too if you use them right, like as the medium or darkest color for the vertical or horizontal gradient. Persimmon is a good base color for eyeshadow if you're doing pink and purple on top.

Overall, they are really great products and super cheap!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by vintagy

I really wanted to like this product, but I was really disappointed when I was finally able to head down to the states (I live in Canada) and purchase it, only to find out that I hated it. But for $1, I suppose you get what you pay for. I bought this in Persimmon (the store only had this shade), and when I tried it, it looked like I just put shimmers onto my face- not much colour payoff. I looked like a disco ball, and because I used my fingers to apply it, it was impossible to get the shimmers off my fingers until I used my bath soap and scrubbed really hard. I haven't touched it since. Will definitely not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 4:32:00 AM More reviews by notoriouskkg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For only one dollar, this stuff is great! I own it in Pink Lemonade, and I am interested in purchasing in other colors. It goes on smoothly, and blends well (I rub it on my fingers and use my fingers to apply it on my cheeks). It gives me a very natural rosy glow. You don't get too much product, but then again, it's only one dollar.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Golden Peach is such a pretty highlight for warm skin tones. I apply this to the top of my cheekbones then set it (otherwise it wears away w/in a couple hours) with a powder highlight. I've been using Hard Candy's baked blush in Pin Up. It's such a perfect combination. I like the other colors, too, but Golden Peach is my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I own every colour. I don't know why I initially bought any of them as I own so many liquid, cream and powdered highlighting products but I have to say the older I get and the drier my skin becomes, these are most definitely HG for me.
Pink Lemondade is my all-time favourite cream blush and the only inexpensive one I own....go figure. The rest of the shades I use to highlight. There are a few decent powder products that I do like (Dior) however, I have had a difficult time with liquid and cream. Nars Multiples dry to a powder finish, the illuminator is just okay, MAC CCB's don't last more than 30-45 minutes, BeneFit HB is nice but with the e.l.f. you get loads of colour options, they last ALL DAY and they're $1.00! Great for dry and/or mature skin. I don't find them to look ridiculous or glittery or over the top, they add a nice glow that lasts. Love them. I use the cylindrical tapered foundation brushes to just daub/blend after applying foundation. Hands down my favourite!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by kona08

I love the pink lemonade color stick! It gives the most beautiful color on my skin and LASTS! It lasts all day long! It applies really easily too. Smells literally like pink lemonade. I really love the color and think it can be used on all skin types. I just bought the persimmon and I think I will use it as a highlighter than a blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by ylaimeche

This is my go-to highlighter. I have it in Golden Peach and it is a really gorgeous color. I've even depotted a tiny bit and melted it down into a cream eyeshadow. It has an orange-ish smell that I don't care for but it doesn't last. The pigmentation doesn't last all day either but the cute little stick can easily be thrown in your purse for touch ups. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by psychochii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I heard rave reviews about ELF brand and really loved their clear mascara and gel eyeliners. I also liked the idea of a multi-purpose makeup, so I decided to give the All Over Color Stick a try. I tried it on my cheeks and lips.

This product was downright TERRIBLE.

*It smells really strongly of lemon, which does not go away after hours of wear.
*Its texture once applied reminds me of a thick sticky lip balm, and did not become un-sticky after blending it in or wearing it a while.
*I have enlarged pores on my cheeks from acne and the blush concentrated in these pores.

Overall, I would definitely NOT recommend this product to anyone or buy it every again.

If you are looking to try something great from the ELF line, try their gel eyeliners and their clear mascara (re-bought it twice!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

I saw the E.L.F. display in Target with this All Over Cover Stick in Pink Lemonade and Golden Peach and wondered if I, a neutral-toned, caramel-skinned Black American, could pull off either color as a blush. Since they were just a dollar, I decided to give the Pink Lemonade a try. I really like this! Even though there is clearly glitter in the stick, it does not look over the top on me. I dab my fingers on the stick, apply it to my cheeks, and blend, blend, blend! I've looked at my face in different lighting and this stick gives me a nice flush that goes with a variety of looks. I tried it on my lips and it's a little bright and cakey on them. I haven't tried this on my eyes, and I don't plan to because I don't think the color will look good there.
One caution: Make sure you wash it all off at the end of the day. I fell asleep with some on and woke up with a blemish. It's easy to wash off though.
I actually was never a blush person until this product, and now I'm becoming a blush junkie. For this reason, and the fact that it only cost me a dollar, I give this product five lippies. I would buy the Pink Lemonade when I run out and maybe try other colors.