November 26, 2014 | 975 users online

Cleansers - Boots - Botanics Skin Brightening Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Covergirlgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good non-fussy cleanser. Someone said they use it as a pre-cleanser, which to me just seems kinda odd, but then again I don't wear that much makeup. I just use my fingers to apply it and wash it off with water. I have combination skin(grrr) thats oily and still dry at the same time, and it leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. Best of all in the past three weeks I can actually see the difference when I use it. I will re-purchase, if hopefully target doesn't get rid of it soon(knock on wood).

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2010 8:05:00 AM More reviews by DaisyRoquer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall, this cleanser was fine for removing make-up. I just wiped it over my face with a cotton wool bud, then splashed my face with water to remove the residue. It was effective, but far too drying - after one use, my skin looked very stripped so I decided not to use it again. That said, I do have combination skin and generally use Pond's Cold Cream, so I am used to very "hyrdating" cleansers. On the plus side, as I said it does take make-up off well, it smells great, it's cheap, it contains AHAs and the pump bottle is excellent.

The toner version of this is much better, HG for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

Has this product been reformulated? I read the first review on this from 2007 and the reviewer said the 2nd ingredient was mineral oil...on my bottle, the 2nd ingredient is olive oil. I'm guessing this has been reformulated then.

I use this as a pre-cleanser, not an actual cleanser. This isn't exactly designed to be a deep cleansing product, it just wipes away surface makeup/grime/oil from your face before you use your regular cleanser. Anyway, I put quite a bit on my face, massage it in, then use a cotton pad to wipe the product off. It removes the surface makeup very well. After this, I then wet my face and use the cleansing mousse from Botanics...then follow up with moisturizer.

I have normal-combo skin (occasionally oily on the t zone) but I sometimes get dry patches on my cheeks during cold weather too. This cleanser leaves my skin SOOOO soft. This won't dry out your skin at all, even if your skin is dry to the bone. It does leave a film on your skin, but like I said, this IS a pre-cleanser (even though they don't advertise it as that...it is!) so you should follow up with a cleansing wash to get rid of the residue.

I personally quite like the smell. This also contains sweet maple, bilberry and sweet cane - these contain natural AHAs to brighten and renew the skin's surface. My skin does look somewhat brighter after using this for a few months.

I have extremely sensitive/breakout prone skin and I haven't experienced any irritation or breakouts. I would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Halli

I bought this product on a whim of trying new brightening products and lucky for me it was on sale! I've been using this product for about 3 weeks now and I haven't broken out or anything which is great! I love the fact that this cleanser doesn't need water and it leaves my skin nice and moisterized. As for the brightening effect I am pleased to say that it has lightened up my acne scars quite a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by sey115

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Purchased this cleanser in Canada and am so happy with it, and happy that you can buy it at Shoppers Drug Mart.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by rishasoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is very nice and it smells good. Its even got plant extracts approved by Kew Gardens :) As cleansers go though it's pretty average. It takes off my make-up well but afterwards you're left with a layer of moisture on your face. It's not great. So you need to wash that off with water. And as for brightening my skin I can't say I've seen any improvements.
All in all it's average. I'll be returning to using Garnier's Cleansing Milk after this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by kcj1314

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is only my second review even though i visit this site regularly. i had to let people know that this stuff ruined my skin! bought it at target (cheap) because i am a new fan of the boots expert line and thought i'd try something new. big mistake! after a few days i was getting very strange pimples. i am thirty years old and have never experienced anything like this. they didn't pop or eventually go away. they got worse and multiplied! maybe its the alpha hydroxy in it...? anyway, i waited for a while and kept using it thinking i was just purging. nope. when my brother commented on how terrible my skin looked (first time ever) i tossed this. low and behold i have my skin back a week later. oh, and the pump broke after two days.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2009 7:21:00 AM More reviews by ladeerose

i use this cleanser about two to three times a week, i masage my entire face with thi on for about 10 mins (with my fingers), i find thi cleans my skin well and i have noticed a brighter and more smooth compleion, i then get it off ith a cotton pad and also a final rinse of cold water. overall good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by erkybunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure about the brightening thing but as a cleanser and makeup remover this works pretty well for me. It is safe for acne and I would reccomend this over any harsh exfoliators. This is just the right amount for nice healthy skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by MsBrutality

I love this product! I had extremely bad acne, and I have been using this product, along with the other cleansers, toners, and mosturizers fromt this line, for about a month, and my skin has improved so much! The gel really felt gentle on my face, and my skin felt really refreshed afterwards.